Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

@cynthia (readlo) agree to every word buddy.

@gayatri (rainfire) yes. That would have been beautiful. 

Please forgive me if I said your names wrong.

Anyway. Yes both of you are spot on. May be my expectations were not very high. I expect a show to cover all those loopholes in 10 years perhaps. But now already whatever they showed is way more in sync with the modern mindset compared to the rest of the shows. For example, I liked Jatila as a villain. She is calm, content, strategically manipulative, an organised planner, has a definite purpose in life, strategic and is really intelligent. I liked how she was never distracted from her purpose even though the lord himself forgot everything going gaga over the wedding.  She didn't even make marrying Radha to Ayan a priority. That was always her side business. The sanyas plan was solely ayan's. This is unlike other TV villains. So I have always tried to look at the silver lining without having much expectations. Basically my expectations were way less, I thought it would become unbearable after a couple of months. But instead it was pretty enjoyable----the humour, most of the characterization and more or less 75% of the tracks until identity crisis was good. So I ignored the rest. But now that it had become unbearable, I couldn't stay silent. I just hope to get that 75% back again. 

Indian TV has a long way to go to get a positive flawless yet humane figure like Jake Peralta or captain Holt or a negative figure like Walter white or a successful experimentation like the BBC Sherlock or creative liberty leading to a show like 'the good place'. The handmaid's tale is even better than the book. I wish we too will get a show which will be better than a well written book. Fingers crossed. But sadly that day hasn't come yet.

RK has been better than its contemporary shows but lately it has started acting like that. I just want it to get past at and that will be more than enough. 

Edited by stormborn - 4 years ago
RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: stormborn

Anyway. Yes both of you are spot on. May be my expectations were not very high. I expect a show to cover all those loopholes in 10 years perhaps. But now already whatever they showed is way more in sync with the modern mindset compared to the rest of the shows. For example, I liked Jatila as a villain. She is calm, content, strategically manipulative, an organised planner, has a definite purpose in life, strategic and is really intelligent. I liked how she was never distracted from her purpose even though the lord himself forgot everything going gaga over the wedding.  She didn't even make marrying Radha to Ayan a priority. That was always her side business. The sanyas plan was solely ayan's. This is unlike other TV villains. So I have always tried to look at the silver lining without having much expectations. Basically my expectations were way less, I thought it would become unbearable after a couple of months. But instead it was pretty enjoyable----the humour, most of the characterization and more or less 75% of the tracks until identity crisis was good. So I ignored the rest. But now that it had become unbearable, I couldn't stay silent. I just hope to get that 75% back again. 

Indian TV has a long way to go to get a positive flawless yet humane figure like Jake Peralta or captain Holt or a negative figure like Walter white or a successful experimentation like the BBC Sherlock or creative liberty leading to a show like 'the good place'. The handmaid's tale is even better than the book. I wish we too will get a show which will be better than a well written book. Fingers crossed. But sadly that day hasn't come yet.

RK has been better than its contemporary shows but lately it has started acting like that. I just want it to get past at and that will be more than enough. 

If you put it this way then yes. I guess my heart is still old school ha ha ha 

And absolutely agree on the last para :) :) 

ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RainFire125

They could have atleast kept Krishna as Narayan and show the vikars removing from that aspect and slowly open up that part also to Radha. That way by now she would have known who he is.

Exactly, that would have been perfect.

Radha could have continued to doubt a little, it wouldn't have been serious, but Krishna should have remained Narayan from beginning to end! 

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: RainFire125

If you put it this way then yes. I guess my heart is still old school ha ha ha 

And absolutely agree on the last para :) :) 

No, your heart is exactly in the place where a modern strong-minded woman's heart should be. They are old school and have a long way to go. That was my point. They were just ahead of the other shows and that's why I had been cutting them some slack. Lately they are not and I hope that changes. 

Edited by stormborn - 4 years ago
RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

No, your heart is exactly in the place where a modern strong-minded woman's heart should be. They are old school and have a long way to go. That was my point. They were just ahead of the other shows and that's why I had been cutting them some slack. Lately they are not and I hope that changes. 

thank you!!! 🤗

ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Yes, it's Cynthia;)

I don't know if you saw my message describing Ayan and Jatila : HERE

The villains (except Ayan from time to time) have always followed their main objective, that cannot be denied. 

You know when a person is greedy, nothing can make him forget his objective. Jatila made the goal of her life in addition to Ayan. For her to see Ayan the king of Barsana, it would be like accomplishing the reason why she married Ugrapat! She doesn't see what she owns, she only sees what she always owns! 

Jatila has said it several times that she doesn't like Radha, that she tolerates her because Ayan loves her, so Radha is only an accessory to her purpose, so now that Radha is her daughter-in-law, she thinks she can use it to make her son the King of Barsana, except that we cut the grass under her feet and made sure that Dhama takes over from Vrishban.

I had no expectations except for Radha.

I am a very logical person, so generally, Indian series and I often have problems.

For what you say at the end, for that to happen, CVs must accept public criticism. In order for us to improve, we have to know how to question ourselves, whereas here, they decide that's the way it works, so we do it or we stop looking at it!

If you want to read my other impressions, I have gathered everything : HERE

Viswasruti thumbnail

Wonderful discussion, this type of exchange of ideas will give us a scope to understand the different perspectives and possibilities.🤗 

Since the beginning, the CVs are on illogical track, differing, contradicting and deviating from their own words, ideas and ideals! The story is moving on the berserk way, wild and frenzied manner. It is very clear that they don't have any idea about the Radha Krishna love , I think >. for them Radha Krishna love is just a caption, they are developing their own story acco to their minimal understanding. So expecting a divine story from such clearcut business people, how far it is correct?  If they follow the main story and develop their narration on that main point which was done by B R Chopra and Ramanand Sagar, that's why those serials were very popular and, I watched the Mahabharata and Ramayan from videos because I wasn't born yet and the same thing applies to most of you, and now  I am showing those to my sons.😊But never prefer to show this meaningless RK story to my sons. They are small kids now and I am not even thinking to ask them to watch this after 20 years!! 

I am honored reading all these wonderful posts friends.🤗

Deb07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

So far they completely failed in presenting truth. KiIling Kalionag and govardhan lifting  done by baby Krishna. Everything presented here in a inappropriate way including Radha's PERSONALITY. This show is now damaged beyond repair. False info grows like bacteria and this way many people wrongly interpreted Radha Krishna story. This producer's spreading or tellecasting wrong story on national tv which everybody watching. I remember a while ago when B. R. Chopra mahabharat telecasting they showed brief lord Krishna baby part in very authentic way. Nothing more to say. Damage already done by this greedy idiotic producer. ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deb07

So far they completely failed in presenting the truth. KiIling Kalionag and govardhan lifting done by baby Krishna. Everything presented here in an inappropriate way including Radha's PERSONALITY. This show is now damaged beyond repair. False info grows like bacteria and this way many people wrongly interpreted Radha Krishna story. This producer's spreading or telecasting the wrong story on national tv which everybody watching. I remember a while ago when B. R. Chopra Mahabharat telecasting they showed brief lord Krishna baby part in a very authentic way. Nothing more to say. Damage already is done by this greedy idiotic producer. ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡

Red-- well said . They messed up with Krishna's age, RK curse, Radha's Badhas, the cartoon-like Kans and the psycho Jatila, and lastly, the autocratic decisions of Vrish. Well said friend. Agree with you every point.