Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SakuraKakashi thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: KrishnaKeshava

I find many K-pop songs to be derived from the idol's own life experiences.. that's what I love the most about them..like BTS have written songs about their struggles, depression which instantly create a connection..also there are songs about loneliness because an idol can't date anyone or songs written in appreciation for their fans support. I find it unique. This is mostly the boy groups though. The girl groups have different concepts.

But I prefer songs like agar tum satha ho. Lot more meaningful and gut wrenching. K-pop does good marketing with their pretty boys though.

US formed global pop group called now united and Korea formed asian pop group called zpop.😆

https://youtu.be/6SGRn9OHtFY

My love is gone

https://youtu.be/GdN9qdDnE5U

Edited by HummingBird12 - 4 years ago
SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshi1195

Bollywood Music used to be good, now 85% of the releases are remakes or just music with crappy lyrics. Plus music in India is dependent on movies unlike every other country where music is popular because of singers or bands. 

It still produces lot more good music , even if it's following remix trend . Bollywood speciality is some music   can be categorised as both independent albums and the part of the movie. Songs like agar tum saat ho , dekhte dekhte and hum maar jayengey have lot more depth to the songs  as we know the context and the reason of their pain. Swag se , dilbar dilbar,crazy kia re kind of songs can be categorized as individual songs.

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Originally posted by: nigahen

K pop is more tabloid type of music if you know what I mean. In the west Indian classical musicians attract huge crowds and charge heft fees. And even western classical. ..an Einaudi or Mertens any day over some manufactured band.

Yeah I do understand. K-pop is limited. I don't know about Einadu or Mertens but i do enjoy Shakira, Halsey ,Ellie Goulding and Lana Del Rey. They have more depth to their voice. I especially like Halsey's colors song. It's quite kinky.

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovemango

100% agreed. Not dissing on KPop or Western music, but I will always be a Hindi/Indian music fan first. A big part of India’s appeal is our culture and history, and from classical music to folk music our movies have reflected the same. It’s a big part of our upbringing as well. I know everything today is about getting hits, views, money etc but your point about directors like SLB (in Hindi movies, and obviously others from South and regional movies) representing our culture through music, movies and aesthetics is so true. Some music directors like Rahman have broken barriers to reflect our music capabilities globally, and with all due respect to other industries and cultures, we should be proud of India’s music too, it has its own appeal.

So true. We have so many languages and our culture is so precious as we have not totally westernized . We enjoy and appreciate our traditional songs like barso re megha , Ghoomar, Ranja ranjha, Kanna soja zara- Baahubali .

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

bollywood is not a culture..its an entertainment industry..kpop is not a culture its an entertainment industry. 

bollywood is not part of Indian culture. Only SLB movies show some actual Indian dance forms like ghoomar, garba in classy way. even foreigners are attracted to SLB movies more. I have seen in youtube comment sections people asking where they can see more movies like BM or Padmavat.  only SLB movies and movies like Piku show some traits of Indian culture. Piku showed values like respecting elders, taking care of your parents when they are old, that is Indian culture.  otherwise bollywood does not show anything about Indian culture. so no I don't need to worship bollywood just because I am Indian. 

I can like any kind of music because music is not restricted to culture, religion,language, country etc.

Originally posted by: HummingBird12

But I prefer songs like agar tum satha ho. Lot more meaningful and gut wrenching. K-pop does good marketing with their pretty boys though.

US formed global pop group called now united and Korea formed asian pop group called zpop.😆

https://youtu.be/6SGRn9OHtFY

My love is gone

https://youtu.be/GdN9qdDnE5U

Edited by KrishnaKeshava - 4 years ago