Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

SPM ~ My musings16.5.19   Bound by compromise

Life is all about negotiating ,making concessions, making extremes meet. Often it seems  a struggle to find a mid -path. We find thosewho show signs of flexibility, stand a fair chance of survival. Those who don’toften end up broken. Given the predicament that Zainab faces in the story, onesmile from Kainat makes her believe, that her daughter is ready to cross thethreshold from girl to woman hood. Zainab, for the sake of prevalent traditions, would rather ignore theconcealed rebellion that beneath  the concession that Kainat seems to show, in going along with this engagement toHumza.

However as a mother Zainab, to me, is aware who resides inKainat’s heart. Zainab  also fears thatgod forbid Kainat may even consider going  against this agreement to marrying Humza. So Zainab  gently reminds Kainat , that her consent  shows the weightage  she gives to the teachings of faith andethics that Mainjaan imparted to her! But to Kainat, such commendations, eitherfor her character, or more so for Mainjaan do not go down  well with her!

Kainat smashes the mirror, which caught her reflection.. a while ago. A tearful, pious girl, bound by faith, respect for family values, given toher by family elders!  But in reality,she sees herself, still poor in the heart! For all the teachings of morality and ethics, faith , do not  give her the richness of having Zaroon in her life. Kainat’s mirror smashing act, in fact speaks in fury about how  Mainjaan broke the agreement that he himself set up between him and her! that’s the wayshe sees it! After  Zaroon’s arrivalMainjaan made no concessions in bringing Zaroon and herself together! Zainab is horrified at her daughters violent outburst!  The horror of a smashed mirror, the superstition of seven years bad luck.. must have made Zainab anxious. But according to her faith and family values.. the brief for her daughter is , it’sbest she accepts and takes thing in a stride… can this sound advice be applied  both  to men and women?

For the very first time, in the mirror smashing scene, I see Kainat, differentiating  between  a man of god and the unseen god himself.  Mainjaan whom she placed on a pedestal all her life! She finds him fallible like herself, not infallible like god.  She seems at a stage where she sees, even hernext of kin opposing her love towards for Zaroon. What she wished to see in themirror before she smashed it, was a girl..not alone but with a Zaroon who woulddote upon her..

Mind you , the reality that no one gets everything one wants..  and one often ends up making compromises .. in theory this may be, but in practice, not quite. For  we have both Kainat and Sultanat who are unwilling to let go of their, beliefs or virtues.

Kainat under no circumstances is ready to forsake her love for Zaroon, despite his rejection, and her mother and Mainjaan’s opposition. She will continue to look upon the ultimate decisionof her god.  even her sister Saltanat ,so far fails to strike a comprise between her and Zaroon. But for Kainat, her hearthas agreed to let Zaroon in, and she intends to hold him in there. Let theelders compromise her life with Humza. She retains that, which her heart agrees upon.

Sultanat stands by her confession before  Neelam in the kitchen, that its hard but attimes, one has to compromise with  what onedesires, for the sake of one’s belief in certain principles. So both cousinsisters dig their feet in for what they believe in.

The kitchen, is shown as a stereotypical scene where womencongregate to prepare and cook meals. Alongside, views upon domestic politicstoo are exchanged. Once again  Neelam andSultanat meet and rejoice in their plot to sabotage Humza and Kainat’s engagement. As the task to manipulate Humzato say no was not as difficult s they envisaged !

Many a rivalry too is carried out in the kitchen. Kainat skilled with her determination of not compromising over Zaroon with Saltanat, veryliterally barges into the cosy behind closed doors plotting of her cousins. Goneare the days of  Kainat being theinnocent and meek as the white dove. Kainat has decided she will not forsake her new found show of militancy ! If others under the web of deceit  stab her in the back, than she too willretaliate in a manner which makes others feel uneasy!

The knife scene is Kainat at her cutting best.. as seen and openabout her sentiments. Both Saltanat and Neelam have been involved in choppingup alliances between Kainat and Humza  ina concealed manner. Only  Kainat hasclocked on to their behind the scenes meddling. The knife pointed at Saltanat,  by Kainat instils a certain fear in her. Perhaps it’s  guilt too. It’s amusing when Kainat hands overthe knife  to her rival  Sultanat ! asks her to  cut the transparent bag that contains thevermicelli.. The transparent bag is the visible fondness Saltanat showedtowards Zaroon and contained him in the clear bag of her emotions. Now Kainat  strikes a compromise with  Saltanat.Demands  a fair chance of also having access to the uncooked raw vermicelli.. half given the chance, Kainat shows, the knife sheprovided, forces Saltanat to share her love Zaroon with Kainat.. who ends up making a sweet dessert out of the vermicelli. A dessert made by the ingredientof Kainat ‘s love.

The love collision between Zaroon and Saltanat! churns up a gamutof close contact love moments. Now their love is a warm tasty dish containedand concealed with a lid. I wonder if is the sweet vermicelli  that Kainat made in the kitchen? Over which these  two mutual lovers,  talk about removing obstacles that keep them apart..but Saltanat already fears a separation looming up between her and Zaroon.. is it due to the new unwilling tocompromise Kainat ? or is the separation inevitable due to Saltanat‘s own tough line  about her principles?

Kainat is quite clear that she will not compromise over her lovefor Zaroon! and that goes for Humza too.. who wants to know how serious she isabout him? Rather coldly she puts him in his place , it’s her personal matter ,which she’d rather not divulge about. Humza does wonder that like it or not but he is involved!  

As usual Zaroon lurks in the shadows. ,me feels he tends to showup in a contrived manner to retrieve messy scenarios .To him Kainat just mightput Humza off by her icy distant attitude. A miffed Humza  poses a riddle for word wizard Zaroon.. that Kainat’seyes defy totally what she speaks about on the phone. 

Zaroon realizes, like Neelam does too, that Sultanat may be up tosomething that only she knows about.  The game is on for Zaroon! He muses he cannot let the Delhiites score a winner  over him !

Many seem to be involved in using smoke and mirror techniques ofcoming to one momentary compromise.. getting Kainat and Humza hitched ! Rubina and Ghazala check up on Zainab to ensure she is still standing by her compromise tothe predicament her Kainat has landed her in !

Even Mainjaan compromises his austere values for the sake of thisnew alliance he has given approval for.  So by all means, whether trickery or honesty! things are moving towards settlements!   

But a mother’s heart can also see through the façade of compromisethat her only child, her universe, Kainat  puts on. No wonder, she falls in  prayer with a contrite heart for the desiresof her daughters heart. Zainab cannot strike a worthy compromise  between what she desires  and what Kainat wants. Thus she too rests hercase in the just court of god.. 17.5.19 Hamlet53.

The good thing about this episode is that both the sisters are pretty clear about what they are notwilling to compromise. Neelam once again, has no  loyalty towards  Kainat, but she thinks the world of the mostintelligent one put of all the cousins.. Saltanat! Neelam though tends to stir trouble

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

How quickly someone can turn to bite the hand that feeds them? Isn't Kainaat's character transforming at jet speed? Kainaat now hates Miajaan too! She already forgot how much he was the center of her life a few days ago. Despite being his biggest "fan", she couldn't understand his stand? 

The only person I liked in the episode was Zainab and her very authentic reaction to Kainaat's words and actions.

Neelam is Humza's sister. Why can't she go and warn Humza about Kainaat's obsession for Zaroon? If she had any doubts about Kainaat's intentions or thoughts, they should all be clear after the unspoken threat when Kainaat stands in her face and declares dibs on Zaroon. 

Zaroon was an irritating prop in most scenes.  Sultanat is hiding a secret - I hope it is more interesting than that she loved Zaroon's double who is dead and she sees him in Zaroon. 🤪

Edited by Irshita - 5 years ago
Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I might be one episode ahead.. did see yesterday’s and today’s episode now.. 

In all this mess, zainab’s emotions are quite palpable.. she has turned to god for help and yet is finding ways to veer her daughter away from the wrong path.

Cv’s are going to prove to the audience that Zaroon didn’t fall for Saltanat’s looks but her personality. 

In general, I found the whole episode rushed.. may be the cv’s have been reading feedback across social media platforms  and are gearing for a change that would set all the lacking in the show right.. ah.. the hopeful me.. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita 

hello Irshita , and pardon me for showing up late..  its that Friday feeling.. but this morning caught up with what i'd missed out

How quickly someone can turn to bite the hand that feeds them? Isn't Kainaat's character transforming at jet speed? Kainaat now hates Miajaan too! She already forgot how much he was the center of her life a few days ago. Despite being his biggest "fan", she couldn't understand his stand? 

yes no doubt she is very emotional,, Irshita, its like one takes out one's anger at  those who are closest to one.. Zainab is there to veer her  from going off track completely..

The only person I liked in the episode was Zainab and her very authentic reaction to Kainaat's words and actions.

Zainab despite her believe in predestined  turn of events, she also has a practical side, that really destiny is also what a person makes of his or her own life.. I also warm  to the needy and vulnerable making their needs know to their personal deity ..

Neelam is Humza's sister. Why can't she go and warn Humza about Kainaat's obsession for Zaroon? If she had any doubts about Kainaat's intentions or thoughts, they should all be clear after the unspoken threat when Kainaat stands in her face and declares dibs on Zaroon. 

Neelam like I mentioned is a  stirrer.. she tends to led on too.. if this alliance goes ahead, Neelam is all set to be the sister in law who will trouble shoot in the house.. She seems to be getting a strange kick out of the predicament her brother Humza appears to be in.. Kaise behan! hai bhai  main ke!

Zaroon was an irritating prop in most scenes.  Sultanat is hiding a secret - I hope it is more interesting than that she loved Zaroon's double who is dead and she sees him in Zaroon. smiley39

ohhhhh wowie! what an idea for the CV's Irshita! I bet they will soon, use this in their  forthcoming tracks..

loved your engaging comment..   thank you mate.. love hammie

Edited by Irshita - a day ago

Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by Lonelythots

I might be one episode ahead.. did see yesterday’s and today’s episode now.. 

yes mate you are ahead..  saw Friday's this morning and posted some quick thoughts about it

In all this mess, zainab’s emotions are quite palpable.. she has turned to god for help and yet is finding ways to veer her daughter away from the wrong path.

no doubt, there are a few of us who value and have empathy for this single mother.. I admire her ,for how she continues to hold her stature in the face of the glam birds like Rubina and Ghazala.. She wants her daughter to be strong as herself in  the face of worst scenarios 

Cv’s are going to prove to the audience that Zaroon didn’t fall for Saltanat’s looks but her personality. 

yes I believe so , after watching yesterday's episode.. but for me these two love birds  engage my interest.. I treat their interactions rather casually..  what engages me how events, relatives, all plan to enjoy themselves  at  the expense of things going wrong with Zainab and kainat..

In general, I found the whole episode rushed.. may be the cv’s have been reading feedback across social media platforms  and are gearing for a change that would set all the lacking in the show right.. ah.. the hopeful me.. 

well Lonelythots, if they are ,then its good.. they need to pull their socks up and stop thinking that the audience is uneducated.. give us substance that makes us think, draw our own conclusions... sorry.. me prattling on!But if you have time then do  whizz through my Friday thoughts..

thanks for your great feedback.. love hammie