IPS is non-conducive to romance

tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Wah kya episode tha! Sab kuch sudhar gaya aur dhanak aur raghu ka rishta toh bilkul 4 se 400 hogaya. Wah cvs. Hum bole ghar develop karna hain toh ek hi din mein antilla bana diya. Humare Robinhood Pandey vahini (Dhanak) ki wardi utri or romance chalu. Not that im complaining. I actually really liked that raghu couldn't ask her to leave him for IPS. Thats  been his most realistic reaction for weeks. But the fact that Dhanak was so ecstatic that he couldn't ask her to leave, as cute as it was, makes no sense cos dhanak supposedly doesn't love him. Which now I think she ttly does. Bas yeh huwa kab samaj nahi aya.

Accha someone explain to me, raghu used to drink everyday for years...itna jaldi bottle chuth gaya aur koi reaction bhi nahi? Withdrawal nahi? Yeh ho kaise raha hain? Yeh Dhanak ka kasam hain kya cheez koi mujhe bhi toh bataye. Jaadu hain bilkul. 
Jaadu se yaad aya, going back to the timeline, bhai ek raat mein aisa kya hogaya ki jo Dhanak raghu ko dressing karne dene se sharmati thi, aaj use kiss karne wali thi? Gopi Bhau k 10 balti ansoo ne vehni k har shanka dur kar diya. The lesson here is that if he can cry so much then definitely he is a straight laced person now. So aab sab chalega. Aur pate ki baat toh yeh hain ki bhai ko kuch bhi prove karni nahi pari. Robocop vardi utarne k baad ansoo o sehi bik gaye.  Accha chalo mereko toh yehi ek baat normal lagti hain unke pure rishtey mein. Shaadi ki hain, ek hi kamre mein rehte hain  toh intimacy barna toh normal hi hain bhai. Aur naye rishtey mein toh sab thoda jaldi hota hain. Toh thik, Dhanak ki yeh prem bhav overnight bhi man liya, ankhir pati man k hi griha pravesh kiya hain. Toh thik. 

Par baki jo sasubai k liye prem bhav jagi hain na, woh bhi itna intense wala yeh samaj nahi aya. Dhanak wants a better future for her sasubai... 😕. Kyun bhai? Unhe jeene do na unki life, waise bhi kaunsa 100 saal jiyenge? If she'd just stuck to the- this needs to be done for my morals and IPS, then that'd make much more sense. Why hassle a middle-aged lady otherwise? Anyways why is it necessary that everyone shares dhanak's idea of a better future? Sab ko badalna hoga, but will Dhanak be changing at all? Im sure maayi chose her way for her own reasons and situations. dhanak has no idea about so why so much shanpatti? It'd be nice to actually see dhanak under some real world pressures and for the show to explore the greyer areas of police. Yeh log jo hafta uthate hain, a part of that goes to police as well. This very black and white narrative is really boring.

Waise, we have finally solved the case of the room sharing. They definitely share a room and a bed. Par uske andar kya hota hain woh baki gharwalo ko kaise paata yeh mat pucho. Maya shayad tharki buddhe ki tarah kaan lagaye darwaze k bahar behthi rehti hogi . Kuch bhi hosakta hain. 
Edited by tejaswiniwenham - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

InkandFire thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That hug was totally random and unexpected. I had to play it back a few times to see if she actually reacted that way. If they had at least given her a short monologue or anything that maybe provided a reason for her change of heart towards Raghu, it wouldn't have been that surprising.There's no doubt that Abrar and Shruti's chemistry is great and tbh, I wouldn't mind RaNak's growing romance for that very reason, but I just hope they don't rush their love track/Dhanak's realisation like they did with Maayi's reformation track. Loved the hug between Abrar and Shruti but it didn't quite make sense for Raghu and Dhanak.

You're right. It's very unrealistic for someone who was so dependent on alcohol to be completely fine without it - at least not for some period of time. They should've definitely shown Raghu relapsing because frankly, no-one is perfect.  

About the RoboCop - looks like that name was fit for purpose because now that she's no longer a cop she's displaying more emotions/expressions with Raghu rather than just monotonous ones. Now that she's put her ambitions on hold she can finally progress her relationship with Raghu romantic stylesss because apparently she can't manage both at once. 

I really do hope that at some point they address how Mai became who she is now and tell us more about the Jadhav parivaar background.

One of the characters that I absolutely adore is Sakku Tai, the way she delivers her dialogues and punchlines is hilarious as are her reactions. I enjoy her, Maayi and Maya's interactions when they're not trying to murder Dhanak, like in today's episode when Sakku Tai went 'koi tapka hoga' and Maayi's oneliner 'uppar sale lagi hai kya' LOL. 

Also, Raghu's dialogue - 'Kissy wissy nahi hoga chalega' ðŸ˜† You gotta love Raghu for not being too hopeful with Dhanak. 
Edited by InkandFire - 5 years ago
JaZzs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
ranak feelings are realistic actually...dhanak had feelings for raghu, if only raghu was not a goon she would have accepted him long back, since Raghu is reforming now she too is expressing her feelings...in real life people don't take ages to fall in love n realize only when the reality strikes them hard n still take ages to express it, which are typical daily soap couple stories...but yes as a hero Raghu should stop crying seriously..
n dhanak trying to reform Mai is also not a bad track...it's mostly either a doormat bahu or revenge stories or love-hate  stories is what is often shown, so dhanak accepting Raghu without much drama n trying to reform her saas makes this show a bit different... most importantly the show is getting highest trp on colors along with Shakti among the daily soaps so viewers are liking whatever they are showing n ranak too r having fans...would appreciate if they still be able to sustain the trps without the typical daily soap love-hate/forced marriage track of ranak, rest logic can go to hell, anyway most of the top shows don't follow logic..
n agree that they have to bring the darker side of police too, I think such tracks will be unfolded later...

Edited by -JaZ- - 5 years ago
InkandFire thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -JaZ-

ranak feelings are realistic actually...dhanak had feelings for raghu, if only raghu was not a goon she would have accepted him long back, since Raghu is reforming now she too is expressing her feelings...in real life people don't take ages to fall in love n realize until the reality strikes them hard n still take ages to express it, which are typical daily soap couple stories...but yes as a hero Raghu should stop crying seriously..

n dhanak trying to reform Mai is also not a bad track...it's mostly either a doormat bahu or revenge stories or love-hate  stories is what is often shown, so dhanak accepting Raghu without much drama n trying to reform her saas makes this show a bit different... most importantly the show is getting highest trp on colors along with Shakti among the daily soaps so viewers are liking whatever they are showing n ranak too r having fans...would appreciate if they are able to sustain the trps without following the typical daily love-hate/forced marriage track of ranak, rest logic can go to hell, anyway most of the top shows don't follow logic..
n agree that they have to bring the darker side of police too, I think such tracks will be unfolded later...

Dhanak trying to reform Maayi is not a bad track. It's just come earlier than we expected it to. 

Maybe Dhanak does feel something for Raghu. Maybe she doesn't as of now. It's subjective because until now, she hasn't been doing anything that's suggested this. We can only assume because up until now she's been nibhaying her 'farz' as a bahu and aspiring police officer, but never truly as a wife. It's always about her vachans and what she wants. What about Raghu? 

Even at the start I've always thought that Dhanak had considered Raghu to be a close friend so when she found that he had been lying to her, she was upset. And rightfully so. I don't want Dhanak to take ages to realise she loves Raghu, but I also don't want her to experience it all in the span of two episodes so that they can move the narrative forward quicker.

Don't get me wrong - I love and enjoy RaNak scenes as much as the next person but I just wish their characters are more strongly developed so we can understand what's going on inside their heads, especially Dhanak's. 

Edited by InkandFire - 5 years ago
JaZzs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: InkandFire

Dhanak trying to reform Maayi is not a bad track. It's just come earlier than we expected it to. 

Maybe Dhanak does feel something for Raghu. Maybe she doesn't as of now. It's subjective because until now, she hasn't been doing anything that's suggested this. We can only assume because up until now she's been nibhaying her 'farz' as a bahu and aspiring police officer, but never truly as a wife. It's always about her vachans and what she wants. What about Raghu? 

Even at the start I've always thought that Dhanak had considered Raghu to be a close friend so when she found that he had been lying to her, she was upset. And rightfully so. I don't want Dhanak to take ages to realise she loves Raghu, but I also don't want her to experience it all in the span of two episodes so that they can move the narrative forward quicker.

Don't get me wrong - I love and enjoy RaNak scenes as much as the next person but I just wish their characters are more strongly developed so we can understand what's going on inside their heads, especially Dhanak's. 

I know I too wanted a slow n steady track for ranak n not jump to Mai vs bai n dhanak's senior officer saying the bhabho's dialogue of choose between family n duty was the most ridiculous one I would have simply wanted dhanak to say he need not interfere in her personal life but no they  just want drama without logic ðŸ˜µ ..but as of now I like that dhanak's IPS has taken a backseat coz anyway they are not following the procedure n happy with the ranak scenes...just that concerned viewers getting too much critical of ranak may make them take the route of their sp rival thinking finishing off raghu n introducing a popular hottie opp FL n showing the typical khadoos ml n love-hate track would make the viewers like the couple...

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2
I don't think they will bump off Raghu or anything like that because this show has one of the highest TRP on the channel. IF they want to go a khadoos ML route, they can easily create a major misunderstanding (like Dhanak is still working for police but her target is Mai) to separate them -> Raghu leaves and comes back as rich khadoos.
My issue is not with speed or romance or jumping tracks but with Dhanak's character. Her actions are not explained. We don't know what she is thinking or feeling. If they had peppered small monologues explaining her decisions, I would be happy. I don't need to agree with her but I know where she is coming from.

From today's episode - I am not sure if Dhanak actually has feelings for the guy or if she has decided to accept the relationship as is (something like I may not love but he loves me) or something else is going on.  
tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yay!!! Discussion! Success for teju! @jaz abrar is the best part/actor in the show. I dont think they'll bump him. Ppl love him and he is quite exceptionally good looking for a tv actor as well so that helps. Have no fears. Star does utpatang things and there's one khadoos per show. They suck as a bunch. I am one of the few ppl who find characters like shivaye types just lazy writing. I've already seen arnav and sujal of old and everything thats come since has been recycled garbage. I love the fact that Raghu is different. That for a character swarmed in violence, he is exactly at the core how you'd expect a man raised in a matriarchy to be- free of the toxic masculinity of the "khadoos" trope. My ONLY complaint is that he cries A LOT and doesn't seem to have a will of his own. The angst of the relationship seems to solely belong to raghu and dhanak is not pulling the weight of the relationship.  That i dont like. 
My second and probably biggest issue is exactly what Irshita said so I'm not gonna elborate. Love isnt a moment, its a process. Itv makes it seem like sex happens and thats some culmination of love. Thats not true. Romance and intimacy come way before in a new "non-love" marriage setting than love does. If they actually show that on itv, this will officially be the most different show ever. But i just have no idea what she's thinking or feeling about all this. I dont know if she's in love, in attraction (he IS good looking and a consumate lover. Its easy to get carried away) or what her motivations are. She was shot by her husband- no reaction, people saare aam insulted her marriage- no reaction (for someone who was so VERY protective of her mangalsutra I expected more of a reaction when ppl were like let go of this bojh), her one and only dream shattered- well...actually she seems almost liberated by this honestly, like she can be human again. Its just that with Dhanak i always feel like nothing impacts her, you can have weaknesses and still be strong. You can be vulnerable and still be a protector. People exist in dichotomy and all the characters in this show certainly do, except Dhanak. So, if this track gives her a chance to act more human than robot, i hope her ips dreams never actualize. 

As for the plot, i do think they go way too fast. There were many plots that needed more time to build some angst and passion on Dhanak's end. They should've been heavily invested in the love story. Because that is what would make things consequential. Lets take the current track for example, if dhanak's decision to be don was something she was cornered into facing a situation where raghu is at risk then it would be much more consequential than oh this our plan to sudhrao maayi. Even for a plan, her decision seems to be something thats too heavily compromising for her to be realistic in any way. Does this make sense? They have a great setting to really play with people's emotions here. The underbelly of Mumbai's crime scene can be hella funny dark and emotional space to create a story that connects and shocks at times. They should use that. The plots are all good but poorly played and paced. Saas sudharo is a great track but raghu sudharo is as well. Focus should've lingered on the latter before moving onto the former. Raghu sudharna itna easy toh nahi ho sakta. Crime is a one way route. You get out only in death. They should've explored these things.