Disha left show | New Daya | 2 more characters

Ketakee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello there ,
Just saw a newspaper info on Disha Vakani leaving the show forever.

It says that Disha left show despite the efforts made, time and money offered by Production house.

She have asked channel to end her contract.

PH said to be bringing new Daya and two more new characters in the show.

My pov, they better replace her, ad new chars and make show great again...

Link - 

https://www.bhaskar.com/bollywood/tv/news/disha-vakani-say-good-to-taarak-mehta-ka-ooltah-chashmah-01479886.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Then she should be replaced.New characters will be good.Show needs some change.
artifacts thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Finding a replacement for Daya's character must be such a tough task. I am sure PH has already started looking for a replacement but Disha has left such a big mark on this role.

But they have to move on and replace her. 

Which 2 characters are they adding ? Popat's wife ? Or a new couple hopefully !
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
https://www.bollywoodlife.com/tv/exclusive-maybe-true-says-taarak-mehta-ka-ooltah-chashmahs-producer-asit-modi-leaving-us-with-a-vague-reply-when-quizzed-on-disha-vakanis-exit/

EXCLUSIVE! 'Maybe true,' says Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah's producer Asit Modi leaving us with a vague reply when quizzed on Disha Vakani's exit

Is Disha Vakani going to return to the show or not?

• ByVinay MR Mishra
  • Published: January 22, 2019 5:29 PM IST
853SHARES

Popular family drama Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah's fans must be having a tough time currently since they are not clear if their favourite Daya Ben will be returning to the show or not. The character is played by Disha Vakani who took a maternity break from the daily series. However, there have been several reports stating Disha's unlikeliness to reenter the show post her pregnancy. If a latest report is to be believed, Vakani is not returning to the show which has been confirmed by the news portal's sources. BollywoodLife tried getting in touch with the actress who rose to fame post her stint in the show, but she didn't respond to our repeated calls. We tried contacting the show's producer Asit Modi who under his banner Neela Telefilms, helmed the comedy show. Modi didn't respond to our call, instead spoke to us over text.

When asked about the reports, the producer replied, "Can't say about the authenticity of that news. I don't know." On Disha's exit, he further added, "Maybe true. I don't know about the final decision. My team is talking with her."

Well, Mr Producer has left us wondering with his cryptic reverts. We wish he would have shed some light on the matter in a clearer way.

To dig further, we also got in touch with Disha's sister-in-law Hemali Vakani, who said, "It is a too personal question to answer."

It is still unclear whether Disha would be returning to the show or not. She delivered her baby girl on November 30, 2017. She was expected to join back after a few months. However, in March 2018, the makers said that she was not ready to return to the show since she wanted to take care of her growing daughter. Then again in September 2018, she was expected to return but even that didn't work out. Let's see what happens next.

• ByVinay MR Mishra
  • Published: January 22, 2019 5:29 PM IST
Ketakee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I dont think she will return now !!
Very unprofessional behavior what so ever...

Though i missed her but still her approach is not so good..

They must replace her now...
Jan_hsi thumbnail
May be not Asit Modi is expert is running the show with out the characters replaced or any new members added, he does  not even need a new stories, just repeat the old episodes, one track after other just like a circle, e.g. like jetalal problem, then his surprise celebrations, surprise or not, but we will have some festival, popatlal marriage, Bhede money related track where he will be shown deciplied with lot of swabhiman, so...on...
He don't like something starting with C---creativity, changes, challenges...