Samhi8106 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi guys... 😊 I just came across the promo of this serial and found it interesting... Can I get a small overview of what happened till now... Thanks in advance...😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SK1509 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samhi8106

Hi guys... 😊I just came across the promo of this serial and found it interesting... Can I get a small overview of what happened till now... Thanks in advance...😊

Babita is a Patiala housewife in her mid to late thirties. She lives with her in-laws and 17 yo daughter (who is about to start college), has a NRI husband in The UK (Ashok) who we can see from the first ep is in a live in relationship with his business partner (Meeta).

Babita is portrayed as a mum and bahu first. She doesn't dress up, she doesn't have confidence outside of the home. She hasn't spent any great deal of time with her husband (he only returns during holidays and even then she hasn't seen him for at least 5 years).

Ashok / Meeta's business has failed and so Ashok needs to return to India. Meeta wants him to tell his parents about her (like she told hers about him) and he makes a few empty promises. When he returns to India she forces the confession by surprising him with a visit.

Ashok tells his his family about Meeta and they predictably go crazy. Babita is heartbroken and it gets worse everyday with her sister in law and mother in law making her do things such as black magic / dressing up dramatically differently to try and keep Ashok's attention.

Nothing works. Ashok moves Meeta into the house and, furious, Mini gets angry and takes her mum out of the house to pre-serve her self-respect.

They go to Babita's brother's initially but he's too poor to support them, so they try to rent a cheap room. However, nobody in Patiala wants to rent to a single mum and daughter. They get introduced to Khatri who tries to rape Babita, Mini sees and beats him up with her Karate skills and the police is called.

Enter Inspector Hanuman Singh who after finding out about their predicament allows them to rent his barsaat room / agaasi. He seems to see their coming to him as a sign from his late wife, and is determined to make them self-sufficient between themselves.

Khatri has tried to undermine Babita and Mini amongst the mohalla ever since to hide his mistake and preserve his reputation. As Mini physically and verbally fights back against various atrocities amongst the mohalla his words and actions get worse, even spilling over to Hanuman Singh. He eventually tries to get all three thrown out of the neighbourhood which is what the peitition was all about in the last episode (they need 30 signatures to legally evict Hanuman, Babita and Mini from Hanuman's place).

Edited by SK1509 - 5 years ago
Samhi8106 thumbnail
Thank you so much...😊 Can i know what is the role of bobby and mickey in this...
SK1509 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samhi8106

Thank you so much...😊Can i know what is the role of bobby and mickey in this...

Bobby is Mini's best friend's elder brother and she grew up with him when she lived in her father's house. He has a crush on Mini but she's made it clear several times that he's just a friend.

Mickey has a crush on Mini too and is trying to get her to date him. He's a bit of a badmaash but seems to have a heart of gold when it comes to women.

Neither of them are particularly important at the moment. The main plotline is currently centred around babita / hanuman singh / the khurana house.
-Drama_Queen- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks for the whole plot line, it explains alot of things πŸ˜Š