Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
After watching today's episode, I am very very confused as to what the makers were/are thinking. If they are trying to portray Anarkali as this savior of Mughal empire, then they are seriously misguided. The makers should have picked a fictitious kingdom with fictional characters all round for the kind of story they are showing. Mughal empire, especially Akbar is a well known person. In any of the books written about him, he is always referred as the benevolent emperor who cared for his people. But here he is shown as some evil tyrant who persecuted helpless people that too women. Rani Jodha is shown to care more about Anarkali and her respect as opposed to Mann Bai's who was her niece and family. Why did Jodha never try to talk to Mann Bai while she was ready to kill Akbar for the Anarkali. 
The way the makers have distorted history and the characters from history is really appalling. I know it is supposed to be a fictionalized version of history, but this fictionalization is done in a really bad taste. After every episode, all I feel is a sense of shock at the way the characters are portrayed. I mean to make Anarkali as this Messiah, they didn't have to turn Akbar as a megalomaniac and a bully or Jodha into this hapless queen constantly chanting Anarkali's greatness. I mean today Nargis Jaan was shown to suddenly become converted as one of Anarkali's follower. 

Why are the makers trying to show Anar as some "sadvi", like she is some "sati savitri", I am failing to understand. What do they want to show, that she gave "alms" to Akbar, that Mughal empire stood on her charity. Her speech to Akbar was too dramatic and disturbing. It was like she was telling him that his way of thinking is wrong. Did she have any idea regarding how a kingdom is run or what it takes to rule. Yet she challenges him and acts like she was doing him a favor and if he was smart, he should accept it.

I feel that(I am not in twitter, but have heard that the makers did receive backlash for distorting history) because of the storyline, the channel has moved it to 11:30 PM(if that is true). I don't think there will be many viewers left at this time slot. Meaning most viewers would be asleep or half asleep or watch it the next day or online if they move to this time slot. The TRP is going to significantly fall if it is aired at this time. Hopefully the makers bring this series to a logical path soon.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I totally agree with you
In every serial why should heroine be sati savitri and mahaan?

And why salims wife maan bai shown as mean and bad just because she was married to Salim by Akbar? 

And jodha shes supporting anarkali not her elder brothers daughter? Why? She hates her brother and neice or what? 

And Akbar shown making anarkali a rakassa because she loves salim? LOL anarkali was always a Rakassa and never a maid in first place. Salim fell in love with a rakassa not a maid in his palace. Making anarkali a childhood friend and maid is looking like mockery of the love affair. Why cannot a prince love a dancer? Thats whole uniqueness of the love affair in first place a crown prince falling for courtesean or Rakassa and going all out to save her from Akbars warth by revolting 

Akbar shown as villan by making a meek innocent maid as a Rakssa and spoiling her life for loving his son 

Only anarkali and jodha are good all others villanish that includes Salim and Akbar too 

Salim shown as villan from starting only his misbehaviour with emperor, walking off court room in between party, putting water over murad, forcing anarkali to stand in river, flirting with courtesean etc  

Now Akbar has joined the list by making anarkali into rakassa 

Murad is after anarkali what the heck? does he not have any maid to fall for other than his brothers love

Only Ruqaiah looks and acts like a royal in this show 

Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
In the beginning of the series we were talking about having a "strong villain. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† So the makers made Akbar as that. They are twisting the story so badly with making Akbar seem more like Amrish Puri in the Bollywood movies. And Anarkali as Mother India. And precap made me laugh. I mean what is Salim thinking by saying what he said.

The series is now more of a comedy show rather than historical fiction.
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaavi

In the beginning of the series we were talking about having a "strong villain. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† So the makers made Akbar as that. They are twisting the story so badly with making Akbar seem more like Amrish Puri in the Bollywood movies. And Anarkali as Mother India. And precap made me laugh. I mean what is Salim thinking by saying what he said.

The series is now more of a comedy show rather than historical fiction.

I have no idea what salim said on precap 

Viewer is not buying anarkali as mahaan mother india type heroine 

Because viewer all know anarkali was a rakassa and salim loved an rakassa not a maid 

Rakassa cannot be made malika e hindustan or marry an emperor because shes not exclusive to the emperor 

no citizen or minister will accept anarkali as salims wife or malika e hindustan ever

Even if salim marries her ultimately

No one accepted nur jahan such a learned woman and were waiting for jehangir to die to revolt against her policy 

So who will listen or respect anarkali? that too as emperor wife and malika e hindustan 

There is something called common sense and based on that even in 21st century an prince salim cannot marry a rakassa anarkali today forget 15th century 

The same ppl who call salim anarkali love as immortal today would have casted aspersions on their relation if they had actually married 

Edited by myviewprem - 5 years ago
Grey-licious thumbnail
Totally agree with you 
That's why I stopped watching
And anarkali is the worst character 
Infact I love maan Bai but the way they're portraying her is so wrong
Maan Bai n Salim got when married when Salim was just 15 years old 
He didn't love her like he loved nur jahan but had great respect for her 
And mourned and cut himself from the outer world for so many days 
And she was also Akbar's favourite DIL

But here they're showing her so evil 
When she was so innocent that could not even able to handle the harem politics 
Melkor thumbnail
The Mahaan FL syndrome is gonna be the death of ITV๐Ÿ˜• @TM,Inagree with you that they should have gone for a totally fictional kingdom and taken fictional names if this is what they wanted to show.Actually they did that in their previous show Prithvi Vallabh which was based on a lesser known king on whom there were little to no documented facts and content and storyline wise that show was far better than this.
However names like Akbar,Jodhaa,Salim etc are really well known and there is plenty of historical evidence associated with them.They claim that Anarkali is a fictional character but they are using that as an excuse to justify each and every distortion.
Anarkali may be real or fictional but Salim,Maan Bai,Akbar etc definitely existed.

And I am really disappointed with the characterizations of every character.If you are selecting a particular story then the characters need to be in sync with that as well.The characters in this show have zero complexity or perhaps the writer couldn't handle their complexity properly.People are either too mahaan like Anar and Jodhaa or completely dark like Akbar,Ruqaiyya and now Maan as well.

This Jodhaa is an insult to all the Rajput women and the real Jodhaa as well.She is obsessed with Anar and seems to have forgotten that she is the Princess of Amer and the Empress of India.
Okay Anar is a woman.What about Maan then? Isn't Maan a woman as well? Salim's mistreatment of Maan would have been an insult to the Rajputs as a whole and her own family in particular coz Maan is her niece? And god forbid if the alliance had been broken then Maan Bai's reputation would have been damaged forever.Someone needs to hit Jodhaa on her head to remind her this.

Then lemme come to Akbar.I am extremely annoyed with his character assasination.He may have been ruthless with his foes but here they are depicting him as a monster who doesn't respect women.Writers kuch toh sharam karo.And even if we think about this logically then why would Akbar waste so much time and energy on turning the maid Anar into a rakkasa just to get her away from Salim? He would have simply got her killed.He was the Emperor who single handedly run that empire.He didn't have time to waste after a random girl.

About Anar,I just want to ask the writers one thing.If they wanted to show a mahaan,sati savitri FL then why choose this story? Anarkali doesn't fit into that category.This is why it appears forced when they try to show her as a holier than thou FL.
I agree with @myviewprem.They could have made Anar a rakkasa from the beginning itself.But no.She was shown as an innocent maid who was forcibly turned into a rakkasa.So the question remains the same.Why couldn't the ML fall in love with a woman who was already a rakkasa? Is it coz she would be 'tainted' as per ITV's standards?๐ŸคขInstead they gave her Mehrunissa's back story and made a colossal khichdi out of it.And the entire universe is against Anar be it Hamida Begum,Murad or Ruqaiyya.

Lastly about Salim,if the writers wanted a man who would love one woman throughout his life then Salim was definitely not the man.He respected and loved Maan Bai.He was in a relationship with Anar at a point.And he definitely and madly loved Noor Jahan/Mehrunissa.The writers royally messed up his complexity.Let's say that Anar was the love of his life.But why couldn't he be respectful towards Maan? In the name of grey shades they showed Salim acting like a psycho and manhandling Anar and all.That's not a grey shaded hero.That's a plain confused guy.