Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
A very good discussion is going on here .😊 
Radhi and Mahi , Astrology, Vaasthu, Janam Kundali, all these are though based on the profound knowledge of  Hindu scriptures, recently many people are using those for their selfish gains,  which is condemnable by anyone.  

Karma VS Destiny,-- Karma is a work done by us with full of awareness, with human consciousness , but Destiny is in a way outside the human perception, the force that controls what happens in the future, which is beyond our control , here many examples already given by our friends ! Karma Theory is the universal causal law by which good or bad actions determine the future modes of an individual's existence. Karma represents the ethical dimension of the process of rebirth. Indian soteriologies posit that future births and life situations will be conditioned by actions performed during one's present life which itself has been conditioned by the accumulated effects of actions performed in previous lives ,a consequential effect in a way we can say!  Karma thus serves two main functions here -- it provides the major motivation to live a moral life, and it serves as the primary explanation of the existence of evil as well!!

This Shloka was already mentioned by our Mahi with a good explanation.😊 Mentioning it again

Karmanye vadhikaraste Ma Phaleshu Kadachana

Ma Karmaphalaheturbhurma Te Sangostvakarmani

It means our right is only  to perform our work, but never to the results. Never be motivated by the results of your actions, nor should you be attached to not performing your prescribed duties.

In this shloka  Shree Krishna is advising Arjuna about how to perform karma ( own work) in the right way and about "Nishkam Karma"Do your duty without any expectation! [desireless deed.]

Karma is a spiritual law. It is equivalent to Newton's Third Law of Physics, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

To understand this Karma Theory , let us see into the other scriptures In Mundaka Upanishad, Second Khanda[ chaptar] some verses that lead to Nishkama Karma--

The humans when they have long lived in ignorance, consider themselves happy! Because those who depend on their good works are, owing to their passions, improvident, they fall and become miserable when their life is finished.

Considering sacrifice and good works as the best, these humans  know no higher good, and having enjoyed (their reward) on the height of heaven gained by good works, they enter again this world or a lower one.In a way , this Mundaka  Upanishad dealt with the Karma sidhant as a path to rebirth, i.e ; do good now and will get a good birth next time to reap  the fruits of your good Karma in your previous birth.

In a way, for me, Bhagavad Gita is the easiest way to understand the Karma Theory .

reyo hi jnam abhysj jnd dhyna viiyate

dhynt karma-phala-tygas tygc chntir anantaram  

If you cannot take to this practice, then engage yourself in the cultivation of knowledge.[ here I think knowledge means Brahma Jnan]  Better than knowledge, however, is meditation,[ prayer] and better than meditation is a renunciation of the fruits of action, for by such renunciation one can attain peace of mind. This is the easiest way to understand the Krama theory for me .

With my little knowledge --Krishna is speaking to all humanity and is urging and prodding them to take action and to perform , to carry out their duty and responsibilities. Krishna is urging humans to not shun action out of illusory fears  and ignorance, to focus our attention on our actions itself because only actions lead to results. In a way , Krishna is telling us to live in the present and focus on the work at hand. It is in a way a  universal appeal and for all humanity and not just for  Hindus or Indians. It is for this age and ages to come . It has an antidepressant message that asks us not be too attached to results and we must maintain our composure in the face of success and failure alike! 

To me, this Karma Theory  is my declaration of faith in Myself and The Supreme Self! It exhorts me to believe in my actions and leave the duty to do justice with me and my work on the Supreme God.

The karmayogi of The Gita is not some sannyasi or sage in a forest who gave up everything, but a karmayogi is anyone from a dedicated scientist to an IAS  officer, a housewife, a soldier, a teacher, a street sweeper, a shoemaker, anyone who does his/her work with dedication and conviction is a karmayogi. They may not have heard these words from the Gita but still they do and follow it and that is its universal appeal and truth!

Edited by Viswasruti - 5 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

Its a continuous cycle of karma bhagya purushaarth and phal. 
It all starts with what we do now, that will reflect in the future (in our case).
I agree that they compliment each other. Combination hai dono ka which is life ;D

An excellent explanation regarding  duty , destiny and it's consequential effects on life in very simple words 🤗 A clearcut verdict on Karma theory ! ❤️ 
See , I tried to explain it in a lengthy post , but beautifully you said it in brief . 👏 

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Madhuri aunty, thanks for providing such an in-depth analysis of Karma! True there' also a lovely satisfaction to just doing your stuff perfectly that nothing else can give you! :D