Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
None of the characters on TV should be an inspiration for us in real life...let alone Prerna ðŸ˜†
Romanc-whiz thumbnail
Prerna from KZK 1 was definitely an inspiration and that's why when I look at this Prerna, and inevitably compare them, I cannot sympathize with her character or her actions. Prerna from KZK 1 played by Shweta Tiwari never shied from the world. Whenever she was wronged, she was always lashed at the person, had the most amazing dialogue delivery and her expressions were so fierce, that she looked liked a warrior princess! She earned respect and took no shit from anyone. People may comment that Prerna 1 was also naive, she also agreed to marry Bajaj for Anu's sake, kind of similarly what Prerna 2 is doing for her parents but the difference is how both characters approached their situations. Prerna 1 was naive until Anurag left her, and then she goes and gifts his hanky to him, at his wedding reception with Komolika and you guys should have seen the look she gave him when she said 'congratulations'. Prerna 1's character was very passionate and Prerna 2's character seems devoid of passion. I don't know if its the character or the actor itself, I love Erica Fernandes but she does not hold a candle to Shweta Tiwari. There is simply nothing inspiring about her because she is not a fighter. Unlike Prerna 1 who fought for what she believed is right, Prerna 2 is not willing to fight. It seems like Ekta has switched the character traits of Prerna and Anurag from KZK 1 as Prerna 2 is more like Anurag 1 than Prerna 1. Ekta has degraded Prerna to be a self sacrificing damsel in distress while the usp of KZK 1 was that Prerna 1 was NOT a damsel in distress. Yes Prerna 1 had help from Anurag and Bajaj, but she was her own person who was able to command such intense love and devotion from those two along with her step and biological children.Prerna 1 was never perfect, but she was definitely vibrant and Prerna 2 is simply dull. I love the changes they have done to Anurag's character from KZK 1 but they didn't need to diminish Prerna's character just to bolster Anurag's.
BlueJayFire thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Erica is truly a wonderful actress..Only tihng that keeps bothering is the dialogue delivery needed in the much intense scenarios..Either she is not given one or she isnt acting..
For Anurag, I love him..but yes, the non stop break marriage is kind of diluted the situation..no one is taking him serious now..forget Prerna...Smart person like Anu doesnt act like old film herioines and tell the villian (sorry alert the Villain) that they know the truth and now dialing to police...
-Doppelganger- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Prerna need not be inspirational but atleast make her relatable! 
She is shown as a dumb character in kzk2.  The way she handled the loan issue is so so stupid. Like which sane girl would agree to marry a creep in today's time as a sacrifice? She is shown as having no fear in marrying him and going to london. Any girl would freak out at even the thought of traveling alone with a known creep to a foreign country. Why not just share your problems with someone? She is doing this for her parent's happiness but can't she see that her parents are clearly unhappy with her marriage with Naveen. Any parent would prefer their child's happines even if that means giving away every single penny they have earned so far. Does she think her parents will sleep peacefully after her marriage when none of them likes nor trusts her to be husband?  On the contrary she is just adding to their stress! 
The majority of viewers of kasauti are women and I think it is extremely important for them to relate to the female lead for the love story to click. I  am sorry to say this but on top of the weak characterization of Prerna. .. Erica's performance too leaves a lot o be desired. She looks beautiful in every frame but I find her bland most of the time. Her dialogue delivery is also poor.
She really needs to up her game because her costar Parth is miles ahead of her when it comes to expressions and dialogue delivery. 
UKGirl22 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Romanc-whiz

Prerna from KZK 1 was definitely an inspiration and that's why when I look at this Prerna, and inevitably compare them, I cannot sympathize with her character or her actions. Prerna from KZK 1 played by Shweta Tiwari never shied from the world. Whenever she was wronged, she was always lashed at the person, had the most amazing dialogue delivery and her expressions were so fierce, that she looked liked a warrior princess! She earned respect and took no shit from anyone. People may comment that Prerna 1 was also naive, she also agreed to marry Bajaj for Anu's sake, kind of similarly what Prerna 2 is doing for her parents but the difference is how both characters approached their situations. Prerna 1 was naive until Anurag left her, and then she goes and gifts his hanky to him, at his wedding reception with Komolika and you guys should have seen the look she gave him when she said 'congratulations'. Prerna 1's character was very passionate and Prerna 2's character seems devoid of passion. I don't know if its the character or the actor itself, I love Erica Fernandes but she does not hold a candle to Shweta Tiwari. There is simply nothing inspiring about her because she is not a fighter. Unlike Prerna 1 who fought for what she believed is right, Prerna 2 is not willing to fight. It seems like Ekta has switched the character traits of Prerna and Anurag from KZK 1 as Prerna 2 is more like Anurag 1 than Prerna 1. Ekta has degraded Prerna to be a self sacrificing damsel in distress while the usp of KZK 1 was that Prerna 1 was NOT a damsel in distress. Yes Prerna 1 had help from Anurag and Bajaj, but she was her own person who was able to command such intense love and devotion from those two along with her step and biological children.Prerna 1 was never perfect, but she was definitely vibrant and Prerna 2 is simply dull. I love the changes they have done to Anurag's character from KZK 1 but they didn't need to diminish Prerna's character just to bolster Anurag's.

I think you just made my own point for me. You said prerna 1 was naive until Anurag left here. And that's the crux of the problem being faced. H people who have watched Kasauti 1. You are comparing a character you saw for 7 years and comparing her to one who has been on screen for 40 episodes and has not been abandoned by anyone. She has still got to go through her journey. So let's compare after that.
reeyacute thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Romanc-whiz

Erica as an actress is just wonderful. But her character isn't written well. That's not her mistake.
ananda29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Prerna  came across as being a tad bit jealous when hearing her husband to be  on the phone talking to his Jaan about his love for her(Jaan)😔
Maybe Prerna is falling in love with her oldie Navu😲 
Anyway she is hell bent on fulfilling her end of the bargain of marrying him come what may
adyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Push-pull

Prerna in her current form isn't created to be inspirational.. She is more of a lessons to be learnt character😉... But if such a character grows on to become something else then it's real inspiration.. Because not everyone is born leaders to be influencing and inspiring.. There are many who have gone through real depressing days who went on to become the real heros.. So everyone has a journey to go through.. Prerna has hers.. Let's wait and see if it takes a series of experiences for her to get there..😊

I would like to add on to this only .
No one is a born leader .
It's the circumstances which mould us and bring out the fighting spirit in us , the will for survival.
And the thing is , I have a strong gut feeling , Prerna will expose Naveen , as in she will have the final evidence against him . And this will come after the loan issue is sorted .

She isn't forced into this marriage by anyone else but herself .
So first she will have to sort out what forced her aka the loan .
Then after she gets to know , perhaps from robots, about Naveen , she will take charge of exposing him .
Also regarding being an inspiration , the fact that someone is willing to get married to such a creep for their family is quite an inspiration , and she does abs a backbone ( which can be seen whenever she stands up against Naveen ) .
adyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ananda29

Prerna came across as being a tad bit jealous when hearing her husband to be on the phone talking to his Jaan about his love for her(Jaan)😔

Maybe Prerna is falling in love with her oldie Navu😲
Anyway she is hell bent on fulfilling her end of the bargain of marrying him come what may

Lol , I think it was more of suspicion and curiosity regarding his strange behaviour .
She is hell bent on fulfilling the bargain for her family .
Key word being family .
reeyacute thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=UKGirl22]Prerna is a young girl still in college. She doesn't not have to be an inspiration to be an interesting character.

I don't have the same intense dislike people on this forum have to her decision. Keeping in mind that we are in serial world, a Naveen Babu can exist and be Mohini's brother. Yes didn't like him much and it's clearly a foolish decision but she took it in desperation. She tries to get herself out of the situation through a loan - but how easy is any for a college girl who can't use her brothers salary slips.

If anything I have a problem with the writers creating dialogues that denigrate her. But make Anurag into this demi-God.

I want Prerna to grow. I was Anurag to get off his high horse and realise he is not always right, or true smartest and his mom who is horrible to Veena and Prerna right in front of him is not the sweetest person on earth and blackmailed Prerna. How stupid should be feel when he realises that all this was being done by his mom right under his nose? Or will he never realise that people that would make him less than perfect?[/QUOTEP
For Anurag.. This time his character has some difference from the previous one...but has his own flaws. He is not a demi - god right now but someone who knows prerna well n her dreams. He is just trying to help his friend who is getting hooked to a wrong person. Which of course he only knows. His helping nature will create problem for him for sure. Let's reserve that for the future.
For prerna I wanted to see her inner turmoil... Her fight with her heart n mind. Which is missing.