A painful song I heard

TheGirlofRagas thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
I heard a Gujarati folk song which we call Garba. It is a rare song which I heard today. I thought that I will mention it when Krishna will leave Gokul. The song has beautifully woven the pain of Radha indirectly. It is indirectly signifying what is pain of Radha. I thought I should share it with you all. I just felt that I should it with you all.

The song, 
"Ek vaar Shyaam tame Radha ne kaho ke Gokul nahi re aavu"

Meaning 
O Shyaam please tell once to Radha that you will never ever come to Gokul to relieve those moments. On the banks of Yamuna will not play the tunes of your flute again.

You are now standing on the banks of river Yamuna under the Kadamb tree and the time has stopped. All the joyful thoughts of being with you have vanished within my heart. I so was much lost in those thoughts that I forgot to have those painful talks with you. Now I feel I have never talked to you

Please Krishna swear on the fragrance of those short lived flowers that you will really not come with the voice of my dream. Tell Radha that you will not come to Gokul again.

O Krishna why are you in a hurry to go, have a glimpse of the cows for the last time. Those cows are also feeling the pain. For the last time have a look at your Gokul. For the last time you dip your fingers in the pot of the butter. We request you to taste it.

O Krishna tell Radha that you really will not be in  front of her eyes from now. Tell Radha that you will never return Gokul.

Such an emotional song with a very deep meaning. Where you can indirectly see the pain of Radha and Krishna.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
Thanks for sharing ..such heart touching emotional song indeed can feel the pain of RadhaKrishna...
TheGirlofRagas thumbnail
@Jankivallav that is the power of the folk songs. They are far better than bollywood. Anyways I am so much impressed by the song that I hearing it on loops. Everyone knows Krishna is leaving but they are not convinced with the fact that he will never return.
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
@musicalstorm agree about that...
yes...reality its happen with us also we know the truth n if its bitter one then its too hard to accept ...
Krishna leaving Gokul is one of that... 
TheGirlofRagas thumbnail
We who have not witnessed this things can feel the grief. Imagine what they would have felt and especially Radha would have felt knowing Krishna is leaving. 
4me2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful heart touching emotions song. Thanks for sharing. The meaning is so deep