dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

The only thing I know about the OG KZK were the names of the three characters in the love triangle. Bajaj, Prerna and Anurag. I saw promos of different tracks here and there and remember the first time I saw Karanvir Bohra in the promo looking like the desi version of what 'modern' rebels look like and I was confused why the new lover probs looked like this. Later found out through wikipedia it was Prerna's son. 

I loved the title song though. EK always chose the best title songs for all her 2000s shows. She also is great with casting. The first episode is a major throwback to the first episode of the KZK I and there's not much different besides the weird attempt of being progressive with lgbt+ relationships. 

I feel like though that they should have cut down on so many siblings this time. Half of them are going to disappear after the first month or so anyway and there would be no explanation for it whatsoever. I think we will be bidding adieu to logic in next episode as well with that gravity defying over the fire jump. Most of the Indian shows I have followed have usually been guilty pleasures but the only one that I was super not guilty about watching were IPKKND I and KRPKAB. Erica's acting improved over time in KRPKAB but she had her moments. She would excel in some episodes and not so much in others. I saw the same in this episode as well. She brought a lot of Sonakshi's characteristics and body language to this character and I felt that can work against her if she doesn't personalize the quirks of this character. I like the dude's acting. Not seen him before but he seems like a good actor. 

The leads have good chemistry but the star of the show was that fancy dupatta thats suppose to fly over their heads tomorrow. 

Fingers crossed that all of these things do not happen with this very nice pairing and lovable pairing we have even though I am aware of what goes on in EK shows and that logic is no one's friend in Indian television: characters disappearing out of the blue, there are three year pregnancies somehow, someone having plastic surgery after six months or a leap, weird kidnappings but no signs of trauma or PTSD visible and everything going back to being perfectly normal, too many children of the leads from other people but then all of them later turning out to be their own children, so many children after leaps that we loose track of half of them and forgot about their existence, the villains and leads surviving death attempts on themselves, exploitation of other characters who are not toxic and help the leads out but wouldn't get credit for it, and no visible happy ending in sight. 

I would love it though if this show doesn't get an extension after whatever the decided time period of air is in their launching contract and EK is forced to do a finite soap. Controversial idea but maybe we can get an actual story that way instead of waiting eight years to find out that dying is the only way to be happy with someone you love. I personally liked how the EK show Tere Liye turned out. It's the least messed up show she has had. Her other shows on air right now on Star and Zee are so goddamn weird now. YHM was nice when it started till like eight months and Kundali Bhagya is okayish so far because the story is in circles so they haven't got much to make a mess out of. 

Anyway, hope this show doesn't turn into a weird 'love' orgy of the leads. Liked the episode so far. I'll be watching this shiz everytime I am procrastinating because lets be honest, is this show even worth investing your time in? The leads aren't going to ever be together and it'll be a love triangle all the way through.

Adios.

[also like pls reply to my posts bro why people no share their thoughts w/ moi]
Edited by areeba_blossom - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rupinr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
yeah really hoping the best
fingers crossed
Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
It's a 7 year show sweetie. Don't expect logicπŸ˜†
Japrilforever thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Being Eri's fan i watched the first episode only for her. I didnt like the episode at all. Thats a personal choice as i prefer simple shows like krpkab and zgh any day. 
The story, actors' looks and everything is exactly the same as 2000s. What was with pooja's look? She honestly looked way overdone and scary. Same with mohini, looked like she was advertising for joyalukkas with all that jewellery. Moloy was funny. Prerna's parents didnt have much to do so cant comment on them. The set was grand. The scale of everything was great. 
Coming to the only thing i really liked about the episode-Eri. She is a pleasure to watch. So gorgeous and pleasing to look at. She was damn cute in the scenes but yes i do agree she needs to improve her dialogue delivery. The problem is the character is too fast paced and extreme than what she is used to. Give her some time, im sure she will improve. 
Parth actually didn't have much to do, but yes...he did impress me with his nuanced portrayal of Anurag. His character again was too extreme and too good to be true. 
The homophobic reference put me off. It was forced and highly unnecessary. They could have thought of a better thing to bring in the comic element. 
The bg score was loud and of course logic is not what u can expect from Ek. But right from 2nd episode is not one would expect. Ekta should know this is 2018 n not everyone will accept such things. Numbers are not everything, content also matters. 
She has gone completely overboard this time. So much gawdiness wasnt needed. Characters are too in-ur-face.
I dont think i will continue watching though i support erica wholeheartedly and i know she will prove herself :) 
Edited by Japrilforever - 5 years ago
FreeTheNipple thumbnail

Originally posted by: SnehaDoll

It's a 7 year show sweetie. Don't expect logicπŸ˜†

If it doesn't get TRP, it won't even run 7 months because of the money SP and Ekta are spending like crazy. πŸ˜†
Latas thumbnail

Originally posted by: SatoshiNakamoto

If it doesn't get TRP, it won't even run 7 months because of the money SP and Ekta are spending like crazy.πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† exactly and EK is a trendsetter in many ways so she should start a trend of showing sensible shows πŸ˜† asking for too much...but her shows are great to begin with...so let her keep it that way and she cannot take the viewers for granted now
FreeTheNipple thumbnail

Originally posted by: Latas

πŸ˜† exactly and EK is a trendsetter in many ways so she should start a trend of showing sensible shows πŸ˜† asking for too much...but her shows are great to begin with...so let her keep it that way and she cannot take the viewers for granted now

Now I think she exclusively reserves good stories for her web series. After BALH and YHM which has been dragged like crazy, she is making just bad shows. πŸ˜†
Latas thumbnail

Originally posted by: SatoshiNakamoto

Now I think she exclusively reserves good stories for her web series. After BALH and YHM which has been dragged like crazy, she is making just bad shows.πŸ˜†

yeah totally agree with you...high time she changed the trend in tv once again to sensible shows πŸ˜† asking for too much
Sir-Please thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I found the first episode to be outdated and ott, it's an Ekta show. I really shouldn't have expected better, I feel like she still lives in 2000 era but the stuff that worked then rarely works these days.

While I've never watched KSK1, I hope the plot diverges from the old one big time, there has to be something new and different to make it worth watching.

Coming to the characters, there's nothing special about Prerna...too ott and bubbly to be relatable like pretty much every other heroine on tv but it's an EK serial so she'll be crying the buckets soon enough.

Anurag is atleast no 'bad boy', thank god...much more realistic and interesting. He'll probably disappoint me soon but for now, I'm watching for him and the pretty faces.