Frequent Posters

Samarth9 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
On which topic to discuss now? *innocemt*
Seraphina231 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I just made this image up and no one will let go of it ðŸ˜†
Anyway, to answer Samarth's question, I have a question. 
What do you think about the three Mas in Treta, reincarnating (for lack of better word) as the Mas in Dwapar? 

Everyone's input is welcome :)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Shrinika13

I just made this image up and no one will let go of it ðŸ˜†

Anyway, to answer Samarth's question, I have a question. 
What do you think about the three Mas in Treta, reincarnating (for lack of better word) as the Mas in Dwapar? 

Everyone's input is welcome :)

I believe the Bhagawat's version of it. :)

Prajapati Sutapa and his wife Prushni desired Vishnu as their son and did rigorous tapasya for it. When Vishnu finally appeared to them, Prushni in her eagerness asked Vishnu to be her son three times, and Vishnu agreed to grant her wish. He would be born in her womb three times as her son to fulfill her desire. First was as Vamana to Kashyapa Prajapati and Aditi. Then was as Rama to Dasharatha and Kaushalya, and finally as Krishna to Vasudeva and Devaki.

A portion of Vishnu took birth as Sesha to Kadru, another wife of Kashyapa Prajapati, and both Sumitra and Rohini were reincarnations of Kadru, and thus gave birth to the Earthly manifestation of Sesha. 

Another sage, Drona (not Dronacharya of MB) and his wife Dhara also did tapasya to Vishnu, and when he appeared to them, Dhara asked Vishnu for the joy of raising him as her son, and Vishnu granted her wish too. Both Drona and Dhara were reborn as Nanda and Yashoda. In my opinion, even Kaikeyi was a form of Dhara, because even as Kaikeyi she got the joy of helping raise Rama and hearing him calling her 'Ma' so she is very similar to Yashoda in this aspect.

So yeah, this is what I believe about the Matas and Pitas of Treta and Dwapara.
Seraphina231 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
There are versions that state that Ma Kaikeyi was Devaki Ma, because in Treta her mistake separated Kaushalya Ma and Rama, she would be separated from her son, aka Krishna in Dwapar. 
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Shrinika13

There are versions that state that Ma Kaikeyi was Devaki Ma, because in Treta her mistake separated Kaushalya Ma and Rama, she would be separated from her son, aka Krishna in Dwapar. 

I don't believe that, because in Ramayana it clearly stated that Lord Rama forgave Ma Kaikeyi for her mistakes because she did penance for 14 years, purposefully distancing herself from her family due to her guilt. Maharaj Dashrath also revoked the curse he lay on her. Kaikeyi already suffered for whatever mistakes she made. Her karma was balanced by her penance. There's no reason or justification for her suffering again in her next avatar. When the Lord forgives you, whatever bad karma we have is gone. He will not make us suffer again and again for a mistake we did penance for.

Moreover, the pain that Devaki went through does not even compare to Kaikeyi separating Ram from Kaushalya. First off, Ram was no child when he was exiled. He was a married man and thus considered an adult who took the decision to honor his father's promises to his stepmother. Ram could have rebelled, but he did not. He chose to honor the promises and thus, his exile was as much his choice as it was Kaikeyi's mistake. Thus, it wasn't a simple matter of her 'separating a child from his mother'. 

Devaki on the other hand, lost six infant children mere minutes after their birth. Her children did not choose to die. Their lives were snatched from them by a cruel man like Kansa. Lord Vishnu himself told Devaki before he took birth as Krishna that she did not suffer due to any past karma. Her suffering was necessary because it would lead to the death of many adharmis (starting with Kansa), and she was a medium through which the Lord would take birth on Earth in order to do it.

So yeah, for me it makes more sense to go with BP's version of it. I consider Kaikeyi and Yashoda more similar than Kaikeyi and Devaki. Both Kaikeyi and Yashoda had the joy of raising/helping raise the Lord and the Lord honored them both as his Mother along with his birth Mothers. 
Samarth9 thumbnail
Hii everyone , sorry for being late *innocent*
I feel that Kaikeyi Dadi maa was reborn as Yashoda dadi maa as it will show how much dadi maa loved papa in both avataras and how she is not some like typical step mother image of indian society.

Dasharath dadaji, as far as i think was born as Nanda dadaji as well as vasudev dadaji, as he was to be father of papa for 3 times and Devaki and Rohini dadi maa was definitely Kaushlya and Sumitra dadi maa definitely.