Faisal's winning pic on fb

Tweeg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

I've been reading how Faisal got some number of votes on fb, and that that supposedly proves he received the most number of votes in the competition, leading to his win.
Firstly, Faisal had already won a dance competition on another channel, a channel that has been broadcasting internationally for a long time. He is also stared in a serial on another channel that is also popular outside of India. 
Star channels are NOT that common in other countries. Most viewers outside India would be familiar with stars of these channels mostly if they are watching on the internet - which many of them don't. 
Therefore, fans who have seen the pictures on fb would naturally like Faisal's picture, because they know who he is. Many don't know Sanaya - I recognize her only because I watched IPKKND on the internet.  I did not know Mohith (or even some of the other participants) before Jhalak reloaded because they've starred on channels I've not watched. I don't live in India
As far as my understanding goes, voting on Jhalak doesn't extend to viewers outside of India, but liking a picture on fb does. So how can people claim with certainty that  Faisal got the most competition votes - based on a photo?

I'm not for or against anyone in this competition. Whoever was meant to win, won. I'm against all the hate flowing between viewers who don't stop to analyze the situation, but just shoot off their mouths without thinking. 

Now, coming to the participants and Colors channel. 
I've watched Jhalak the last 3 years, and I'm convinced things are not straight forward.
Personally, I think it's unfair to pitch professional dancers against non dancers. For me, professional dancers should compete against each other, and shows like Jhalak should be about the journey and development of people with limited dance experience. After all, that's the reason for having a choreographer. Professional dancers are, in some cases, choreographers themselves! Where is the fairness?

As for the last 2 years of Jhalak, both times the winners were faces of Colors channel - winning against professional dancers who were clearly better dancers than the winners. I'm talking about Drashti vs Lauren, and Ashish vs Shakti. 
This year, it was Sanaya (also a previous face of Colors) vs Faisal. Popularity vs skill. If Sanaya won, clearly everyone would claim that the channel rigs the competition - based on the previous years discussions. It was time for a non Colors, professional dancer to win.

So, anyway, this is just my analysis of what I see. 
Personally, I was rooting for Mohith. For me, he should the most growth and development as a dancer. 
But, congratulations to Faisal also. He is going to go places.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Paytonlee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Just to make sure the likes on fb wasnt a big deal. people just are saying faisal is a well known face otherwise why will people like it because before the results many were saying he is not popular or well known at all. Its not that much of a big deal. we are not crazy to think that some likes on fb mean anything like that just that people know of him. We never said he is the most popular contestant what irked us was when people called faisal unknown or went on how he couldnt possibly in this world get votes just because his retweets on twitter were less or doesnt have that many fans on IF

And about the trained dancer but please take it up with colors. there must be a reason colors approach dancers each and every season. Just because a dancer never won before doesnt make his/her win unfair or undeserving

Whoever won would have gotten hate whether its mohit, sanaya, faisal or shamita. 
Edited by Paytonlee - 8 years ago
Tweeg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Paytonlee

Just to make sure the likes on fb wasnt a big deal. people just are saying faisal is a well known face otherwise why will people like it because before the results many were saying he is not popular or well known at all. Its not that much of a big deal. we are not crazy to think that some likes on fb mean anything like that just that people know of him. We never said he is the most popular contestant what irked us was when people called faisal unknown or went on how he couldnt possibly in this world get votes just because his retweets on twitter were less or doesnt have that many fans on IF

And about the trained dancer but please take it up with colors. there must be a reason colors approach dancers each and every season. Just because a dancer never won before doesnt make his/her win unfair or undeserving

Whoever won would have gotten hate whether its mohit, sanaya, faisal or shamita. 

I never said anything about fair or undeserving. Whoever was meant to win, won. And yes, there will be lovers and haters.
SpellofJoy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Personally, I think it's unfair to pitch professional dancers against non dancers. For me, professional dancers should compete against each other, and shows like Jhalak should be about the journey and development of people with limited dance experience. After all, that's the reason for having a choreographer. Professional dancers are, in some cases, choreographers themselves! Where is the fairness?

As for the last 2 years of Jhalak, both times the winners were faces of Colors channel - winning against professional dancers who were clearly better dancers than the winners. I'm talking about Drashti vs Lauren, and Ashish vs Shakti. 
This year, it was Sanaya (also a previous face of Colors) vs Faisal. Popularity vs skill. If Sanaya won, clearly everyone would claim that the channel rigs the competition - based on the previous years discussions. It was time for a non Colors, professional dancer to win.

I totally agree with this👏
If likes on facebook are that much important according to some people then what about the number RTs that Sanaya used to get on every pic?.Not only this but she also trended 5 to 6 times this season.Some people denied it by calling it "spamming".Likes on fb can also be done by multiple IDs,what's the big deal?