Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Olicity_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I think it is incredibly ridiculous how some people say that a trained dancer should not when or participate in the competition. Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa is the Indian version of the American show called Dancing with the Stars (which is based off the format of the British show called called "Strictly Come Dancing"). In DWTS, which is now on its 21st season, you can see many examples of where trained dancers were taken on to the show. You've got Nicole Scherzinger (winner season 10), Alfonso Ribeiro (winner season 19), Corbin Blue (runner-up season 17), Zendaya (runner-up season 16), Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing and winner of season 11), and others. Some of these individuals even went on to win the show. I'm pretty sure Alphonso was trained in tap dancing, and Corbin in jazz. Then you have the multiple people who are gymnasts or figure skaters on the show who have won, for example, Shawn (winner season 8 and runner up in season 15 all star season) and Meryl (winner season 18). Even people like Nastia Lieukin (season 20) who is crazy flexible. You may argue that these people are not "dancers" like Faisal, but they have musicality, flexibilty, or even the ability to pick up moves quickly, all which assists them in their dance performances. If Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa is based off of DWTS and DWTS allows for trained dancers to participate and win, then how on earth is it unfair for Faisal to participate and win. The show is Jhalak dikhhla jaa - Dancing with the STARS. Not dancing with the Non-Dancers. I agree with a previous comment that Sanaya's journey was incredible and she was the best among the non-dancers.  You said,
"Faisal's win surely reiterates that he is an excellent dancer but Sanaya's win would have inspired people that with focus and hardwork, even a non-dancer can do wonders." 

I absolutely agree it would have inspired people. Truly I was too, I love Sanaya especially since MJHT and IPKKND days. But playing Devil's advocate here, (since I also love Faisal since DID days) Faisal was inspiring too. You got to see, the kid is a teenager, who came from literally nothing and his father being a taxi driver, to winning 1 dance show, getting on to a TV show and becoming famous, and then buying his parents a house, and now winning a 2nd dance show. He IS an inspiration too. My younger brother looks up to him and thinks he's is amazing and wants to take dance lessons to become as talented as he is. When my parents watch him they get touched with the amount of love and respect he has for his parents. Sometimes what happens is that people not only watch the improvement someone makes, but they also observe and get affected by the journey of a contestant and their story. And I feel all 3 had a beautiful journey, even Shamita, who came out of this shadow of her sister.  While you have stated that Sanaya's win would have inspired people, I believe that she didn't have to win to do that, for me she already did by coming in 2nd, the improvement she has made and the strength she has shown has already made her a winner in fans. Fans that see all of this and love her even more. But Faisal's win also inspired people, made them see how a kid who won his 1st show at 13, is now the breadwinner in his family and doesn't allow his father drive a taxi anymore. People, when they see this, realize that for a kid to do this is amazing. Personally I was touched, and felt that I have done nothing in comparison to what this kid has. You also have to remember Faisal wins the hearts of younger kids because of his age and the older generation because of how he treats his parents, which in a way will generate a higher voting.

This post is not meant to insult any of the participants of any seasons or any fan base. I don't hate anyone and don't believe in degrading celebrities over things said by zealous fans. They are humans and deserve respect especially if they have not said anything wrong to you. I am just sharing my opinion on what the show's format is and this dancer - non-dancer argument that has been going on since basically the inception of Jhalak. Honestly, all 3 contestants were great and I respect the final decision. Just don't think it is necessary to say Faisal shouldn't have won on the basis of him being a dancer. Please, however, if you are going to insult any celebrity, their fans, or bring in their personal life in a undignified manner, do not respond to this post. We are mature people and should be able to have a conversation with respect and kindness. Even if our opinions don't match. This is a world where people WILL have a difference of opinion, and I think we should all accept that this will always exist, and avoid the mud throwing at each other. 

PS. I'm not sure if I am allowed to mention DWTS and its contestant but since this show is based off of that one I'm assuming my comment is within the rules of this form because what I am stating is relevant.
meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Imagine a show with only non dancers!! All awful/messy dances in every episode! A non-graceful flailing winner!