Gay Bishops Right or Wrong? - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 16 years ago
Return_to_Hades, Long one but it was worth reading๐Ÿ˜Š. Often the religious texts are interpreted in a way to represent majority views. The analysis, which departs from the normal belief, is omitted because it would be blasphemous.
ChameliKaYaar thumbnail

What's wrong with the world? Why are happy "Gay" people not appreciated? Why are they appreciated only in San Francisco?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ChameliKaYaar

What's wrong with the world? Why are happy "Gay" people not appreciated? Why are they appreciated only in San Francisco?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†--Realy!!!!๐Ÿ˜›

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

The way I perceive it. Sexual attraction is a biological instinct. It is the physical aspect of being a human. Love on the other hand is emotional. It is a bonding based on mutual feelings and emotions. It is the psychological aspect of being a human. A long term relationship would require a balance of both---๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Most moral scriptures condemn sex without love or commitment. This is universal to homosexual and heterosexual. Then why does it condemn two people of the same sex who love each other and make a commitment? The Bible itself speaks of universal love. If two people love each other and want to make a commitment then they should be allowed to do so right? but I dont think Bible talking about Gay or Lesb relationship๐Ÿ˜ณ Universal love not homo or like that love.....๐Ÿ˜Š

One argument is that homosexuality is unnatural.
When homosexuality has been observed in mammals like apes, lions, giraffes,dolphins, sheep hyenas, why is it unnatural.
--

Thats the difference between Humans and animals...They can do anything  ....thats why some situation people say  'He or she live like a animal'๐Ÿ˜ณ

Another argument is humans are different from animals
Homosexual behavior is seen in a large number of humans. None of them wake up one day and say I am gay. They all go through the same process of attraction, love like heterosexuals do. Why is it unnatural....Its unnatrual,If it natural why 90% people not adopting these things?๐Ÿ˜ณ

The next argument is that it defies God's divine purpose of procreation.
Let us assume that procreation is a divine gift and purpose. What about men and women who are infertile due to birth defects or life accidents. Do they fail the divine purpose? Should they not be allowed to have loving committed relationships as it is a failed purpose? Most importantly why do people who want to serve God should abstain from fulfilling the purpose of procreation. Does that not feel paradoxical.

^๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Another question I have is that the covenant of Moses prevents working on Sabbath and stoning of those who do not obey, stoning adulterers, not eating pork or shellfish and a lot of other laws that no one follows today. When I ask why that is not followed or interpreted differently, I am answered that Jesus enlightened people on truths and taught differently. But Jesus never mentions homosexuality or condemns it? --

The biggest argument against homosexuality is the destruction of Sodom.

Genesis 19

1 The two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and bowed down with his face to the ground.
2 He said, "Please, my lords, turn aside to your servant's house and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you can rise early and go on your way." They said, "No; we will spend the night in the square."

[quote]

The Bible's condemnation of homosexuality is as clear and plain as the Bible's condemnation of murder, adultery, premarital sex, kidnapping, lying and idolatry. Further, for me to openly condemn homosexuality theologically makes me no more a "gay basher" than I am an "adultery basher", "premarital sex basher", "kidnapper basher" or a "murderer basher". If you disagree, your argument is with God's Bible.

http://www.bible.ca/s-homo=sin.htm

[/quote]

My question is was Sodom destroyed because of their abuse or because of homosexual abuse? Would God have pardoned them if it was two women instead? If God had destroyed Sodom for sexually abusing women would we have condemned heterosexuality?

So is homosexuality indeed a sin as it is etched out to be? Based on that Gay Bishop Right or Wrong?

My intention is not to provoke any religious sentiments, but we have all been gifted with rational thought and should be able to form a rational train of thought process on why or why not we believe in what we do.

Well said๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘........

Nothing wrong n Preist marriages .....but I not support Gay marriage or like that things๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by Believe - 16 years ago
Morgoth thumbnail

but I dont think Bible talking about Gay or Lesb relationship๐Ÿ˜ณ Universal love not homo or like that love.....๐Ÿ˜Š [/quote]

Then what is Universal love?

[quote=]

Thats the difference between Humans and animals...They can do anything  ....thats why some situation people say  'He or she live like a animal'๐Ÿ˜ณ
[/quote]

According to basic biology, humans are also a kind of animal. ๐Ÿ˜Š

[quote=]
Why is it unnatural....Its unnatrual,If it natural why 90% people not adopting these things?๐Ÿ˜ณ
[/quote]

Most homosexuals/lesbians are not open about their orientation because of ridicule in society. It is just like rape victims who do not file complaints in the police. So the recorded percentages are lower than actuality.

However, what does a high % have to do with something being natural or unnatural? Just because the existence of something is uncommon, it does not mean its unnatural. Otherwise conjoined twins and triplets would also be unnatural.

The problem is that many people think its a psychological problem, which is not the case.

ishan2003 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8