Ishra OS - Your Pain Is My Pain - COMPLETED

Prabh. thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm back with another OS. This one is basically the result of my mind going off track as I thought out the next part for my FF. I don't even know what the point of this OS is, but it's here anyways and it's not proofread like always so please ignore small spelling and grammar mistakes...

||Your Pain Is My Pain||

She walked into their room tired from the back to back appointments at the clinic. She threw her purse onto the couch before slumping down on it closing her eyes to have a moment to herself before getting ready for Raman's arrival from work. To her surprise when she got up, she saw he was lying on the bed all curled up in the corner. She wondered why he was home so early and celebrated in her head since they finally found the time they had been waiting for to spend some time together for a while now.

She walked over to him and found him fast asleep hidden under the blanket and as she sat down on the edge of the bed, she saw noticed he was sleeping his office clothes. Something seemed off and she noticed him closely and found he looked pale and was shivering as well. Worried she felt his forehead and found her guess to be right; he was burning up with a fever. She rushed over to the drawer by the vanity and pulled out the thermometer and ran back to him. Unwillingly she had to wake him up from his resting by shaking him gently so she could take his temperature and giving him something for his fever.

"Raman..."

"Ishita...let me sleep." He mumbled from underneath the blanket.

"Just one minute Raman...please get up." She pleaded.

He slowly opened his eyes adjusting to the light and saw her concerned face. Knowing she knew he was sick, he didn't bother trying to deny it and sat up slowly with her help. He closed his eyes leaning back on the headboard as she brought the thermometer near his mouth. She ran her hands gently through his hair making him open his eyes. He put the thermometer in his mouth and she watched the small screen with numbers carefully. As the number started to rise, her face started to fall with the thought of him being so sick. As the thermometer beeped, he took it out and showed it to her after looking at it himself casually.

"Raman it's 104, I'm calling a doctor right now!"

"No don't! I'll be okay." He tried to stop her.

"How?"

"I already went to a doctor before coming home. I have the prescription in the laptop bag."

"Were you planning to hide this from everyone?" she asked shocked upset that he wasn't even going to let anyone know he was sick and take care of himself all alone.

"Everyone except you. I didn't want anyone worrying for no reason and you're a dentist, so you must have got some medical knowledge over the years despite your fake degree." He attempted to make the mood lighter seeing her worry, but in vain.

She was momentarily happy when he told her he was planning to let her know at least, but then remembered what he was going to tell her. She rushed to table where he placed his things and pulled out a pack of pills and a cough syrup from his laptop bag. She noticed one tablet was missing from the pack and was assured he was taking care of himself. As she looked back at him, he looked so weak and tired and was for sure hungry. She walked to the door to make him something herself, but stopped and turned back.

"Raman get changed and then I will go bring you something to eat."

"I don't want to!"

She went to the closet taking out his clothes and placing them on the bed. He refused to change claiming he was tired and sleepy. Knowing he wasn't lying, she asked once more to change and then stay in bed for as long as he wanted. He slowly got up and she stood there with him as he changed his shirt and as he took off his shirt, she noticed something on his arm. She held his wrist stopping him and looked at the circular band aid on his arm. He looked away from her knowing she was extremely mad right now...

"Raman...you got an injection all by yourself?" she asked with sadness in her voice. He only nodded positively knowing he couldn't do anything else.

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I saw you cry last time and I didn't want it to happen again."

He remembered the last time when he had gotten an injection, when he had been taken for a blood test by her. He had been scared like always and in his nervousness held her hand for support. When he opened his eyes, he saw his tears in her eyes. He didn't know what to feel at the moment, he was delighted to know the care and concern she had for him and how his pain affected her. But that was what he hated as well, having to see her cry because of him, he didn't want to ever be the reason for her pain and tears. And today when he had gone to the doctor and was told he would be given an injection, he wanted her to be with him at that moment, but chose otherwise because her tears were more valuable and hurt him more than his own.

But Ishita wasn't happy with his choice. He always chose to hide his pain from everyone. Though it just showed how much of a loving person he was since he couldn't bear his close ones to worry for him, but it was her right to be able to care for him which he was taking away. She wanted to take away all his pain and take it on herself so he could be happy, but he always had things done otherwise. He always did everything for her and now she wanted to be able to take care of him and watch over him like he always did for her. And so...

"So what if I cried? At least you wouldn't have had to bear the pain alone."

"It's alright!" he tried to make her realize it wasn't a big deal, but she didn't budge.

"No it's not! You always take care of everyone and you can let someone else take care of you now at least! What if it was something worse? You never let anyone know!"

"Ishita-" but he couldn't continue his sentence further because his throat felt itchy and he ended up coughing non-stop. She poured some water for him and helped him sip some while muttering random things...

"I'm sorry! I'm so stupid, I keep on bothering you. Sorry."

He smiled at her ramblings as he sat back down on the bed and finally put his finger on her lips making her quiet. He looked into her eyes and...

"You know I wasn't alone...I had you with me."

She gave him a confused look and he slowly reached for his phone and showed it to her. His wallpaper showed a picture of her wearing the infamous black gown from their kuch kuch hota hai moment. As she looked the picture, he leaned over to her ear and whispered in his husky voice...

"I looked at you to distract myself."

He hated her doing this to him right now as he looked over to find her biting her lips shyly lowering her long lashes. 

"If I wasn't sick, I would have kissed you right now, you know."

She turned darker shade of pink than she already was and gently pushed him back as she stood up trying to avoid his gaze and found a perfect excuse to leave the room for now...

"I'll get something for you to eat and meanwhile don't even think about taking out your pile of files." She ordered him knowing her husband's workaholic attitude very well.

She came back 15 minutes later too find him laying down with his eyes closed again and the blanket covering him till his neck. She hated seeing him in this state although she knew it was just a normal fever, it had never happened before and it didn't seem right seeing him devoid of energy and his playful nature that lighten up just about any situation.

She sat down next to him and he opened his eyes knowing she was right next to him now. She forwarded a bowl of soup to him and he didn't even acknowledge it. She shook her head at his childish antics and knew there was one way out of this. She brought the spoon to his mouth and he made a face, but she scolded him with her eyes. He gave in and frowned as he drank the soup. Soon the frown disappeared as she smiled feeding him the whole bowl. As he finished she took a napkin wiping off his mouth. He smiled at her hand brushed again his cheeks and lips and couldn't help but say...

"I'm liking this whole being sick business." He decided to tease her considering all the attention she was giving him today.

"Shut up Raman! You know how I feel seeing you like this?" She said in an impulse at the thought of him being sick again.

His grin disappeared and he looked into her eyes. They showed how much it hurt her to see him in any type of pain. This was exactly what he didn't want to see, but all he could do was look gratefully into her eyes and thank God silently for sending someone in his life who was so concerned for him so much after he had lost all hopes of ever being loved or cared for. As he was lost in his thoughts, tears formed in her eyes as she could take anything, but seeing him sick or hurt. A sob escaped from her mouth and he came out of his thoughts to find her crying in front of him. He took the bowl from her hands putting it aside and cupped her face gently and she ended up hugging him tightly crying and her crying got louder as she felt his body all warm. He hugged her back gently and stroked her hair...

"Hey...what happened?"

"Raman...I don't like seeing you all weak and tired. I want my energetic Ravan Kumar back!"

"I will be okay by tomorrow thanks to you and then you will regret this wish of yours."

"I won't at all. I love my healthy Ravan Kumar!"

"But I think I should stay sick longer because I love this caring Jhansi Ki Rani."

"Raman! No!"

"I was joking, I only like my feisty Madrasan. She's more adventurous and fun than this crying Jhansi Ki Rani! See that doesn't even make sense, a crying JKR!"

"You made me cry!" she smiled faintly through her tears.

"What did I do?"

"You got sick! Get better soon Raman...please." she looked up at him before burying herself into his chest again.

"I am fine, just thought of taking a break from pampering you and getting all the attention for myself, but I'm getting bored now. So tomorrow be ready Madrasan!"

"I'm ready for whatever you want." she said shyly as she stopped crying.

"Whatever I want?!"

"Yes whatever, now take your medicine and get some sleep, I need my romantic Ravan tomorrow." She smiled at him now seeing his full smile back.

"You are so done Ishita." he smirked at her.

"I know I am, and I don't mind it at all!" she giggled and he chuckled at her remark.

She broke the hug and moved away from him so he could lay down comfortably. After he took a pill and his cough syrup in front of her, she covered him with the blanket and kissed his forehead softly before telling him she would go check on the kids and return in a few minutes. He told her to go eat her dinner after putting the kids to sleep and then come to him. She did as he told her and entered the room an hour later to find him asleep. She kept on looking at him as she walked to the cupboard and then to the bathroom as if he would disappear if she took her eyes off him.

She quickly changed and headed out not wanting to leave him alone as she had taken so much time putting the fussy Ruhi to bed, who today was acting completely stubborn like her dad. As she came out, he was coughing and turning from side to side trying to sleep. Ishita ran to him as he got up half asleep to have some water and felt his forehead which wasn't any better than before.

"Raman...I'll be right back. Just 2 minutes."

Running to the kitchen, she got a bowl of ice water and some towels for him and ran just as fast back up. He was laying down again when she sat down next to him. She placed the wet cloth on his forehead and he started to open his eyes when she held his hand stopping him and he let her do what she was doing knowing it would only help him and tried to get some sleep. She spent the next 3 hours by his side as his fever started to come down. She was tired and her eyes were becoming droopy but she looked at his hand that was holding hers and stayed awake for him. Around 2 when his fever had finally come down, she quietly and carefully cuddled into the small space next to him and slept resting her head on his chest as he held her hand tightly. Finally she was at peace because he was finally okay. 

That was it! What was that? I don't know either... 

But if you liked it, let me know by liking this and leaving your feedback! Will look forward to reading what you all have to say about this one...

Edited by smilesforever98 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngelSREE thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wonderful... Totally loved it...
neet135712 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Really beautiful ..emotional family moment.somewhere in story I found my self because it happens in every married woman's life.it touched my heart..whenever my husband fell ill he always behave like a child.thanks for this nice story..beautifuly written. Thanks for pm
rutu83 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
that was very sweet- there in sickness and in health
the beginning especially reminded me of the song mere yaara tere gham agar payenge hame teri hai kasam hum sawar jayenge
beautifully writtenđź‘Ź
SushSathisha thumbnail
Wow very  cute os prabh.. 
Too cute. .
The ishu cared for raman..
The way he told her his care for her..
Please write More stories I'm in love with ur writing.. simple and sweet..
dundumol96 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sweet os...    we never see like this on serial
softyy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

it is too good.i would love to watch something like this on screen
Impossible.Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
~ RESERVED ~
Edited...

Oh my ! Prabh... I'm in deep love with your writings
very well written
emotional yet sweet and cute OS
Simply awestruck by your writing
Do write more n more Edited by vidya_prasad - 8 years ago
janani_divan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow awesome update..prabh:-):-):-)
kash cv's yeh dikathe...
We never saw sick raman in show..wish to see caring wife in show and suffering raman;-)
sharing is caring:-D
he want to hurt himself but he was more hurt when he saw her tears..wow:-)
thanks for wonderful os
thanks for pm:-)
Mehak_KPian thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
It was a sweet OS. Loved the caring Ishu.