TV's much-loved Bad Boy

abhiyaneet8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

The lure of a bad boy has been hard for many a girl to resist and the appeal of a rugged-on-edge persona has always had its share of admirers in comparison to the goody two-shoes of the world. Testifying to this fact is actor Shabbir Ahluwalia, who says he has never had any qualms playing the bad boy in TV and films as he loves the challenge that comes with portraying such roles.

"I'm really not interested in playing a chocolate boy. In fact, such roles bore me and are boring to watch as well," says Shabbir, who was visiting Chandigarh on Tuesday. The actor rose to fame as Rishi Garewal in the popular TV serial Kahiin Toh Hoga and was also much liked as Milind Mishra in the TV serial Kayamath. Though he has played positive roles as well, the actor says he looks for an edge to the character that he is to play. "Even in positive people, there is always a shade of negativity and vice versa," observes Shabbir, adding that things are never in black and white and that is why grey roles are easier to relate to.

Though Shabbir has also hosted shows, he made his Bollywood debut in 2007 with Shootout at Lokhandwala and later appeared in another film, Mission Istanbul, in 2008. Having worked in both TV and films, the actor feels there isn't much difference working in both the media since they have a large viewership. "Acting in any medium requires a lot of versatility. Everyone has a different interpretation of the same character, so how people view you also makes a difference. I personally enjoy acting because of this duality," he says.

When asked why he hadn't been seen on TV since the last few years, Shabbir informs us that he had been dabbling in TV production in the meanwhile. But, the actor's fans can rejoice in the fact that Shabbir would soon return to TV with an Ekta Kapoor show called KumKum Bhagya, in which he will be playing a rockstar. "Since I was producing shows, it was getting very difficult to manage time for acting assignments. But with that out of the way now, I have decided to concentrate on acting. You can't be away from what you love doing for long. Also, the role appealed to me a great deal. It's that of a rockstar,

So naturally, he's a little crazy. I can't reveal much beyond the fact that the show is a passionate love story!" he signs off.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
He doesn't suit pretty boy roles either. He shines in those roughneck, intimidating roles. I am so excited to see him. ðŸ¤—
abhiyaneet8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Star_girl

He doesn't suit pretty boy roles either. He shines in those roughneck, intimidating roles. I am so excited to see him. ðŸ¤—

ya totally agree with him. he is more suited for unconventional roles. hope we dont have wait long
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
He is best in playing -ive roles