Tere Aany se s02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWfwNs1v9Nw

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hamza Sohail

Posted: 4 days ago
1265365 thumbnail

Since Rajat tokas is being discussed here. The main reason ITV version of Jodha akbar didn't work out is mainly bcoz of ekta maiyya. She is good with daily soaps but sucks in historical. I hated rajat's character both in Jodha akbar n Chandra nandini.

But, I really really loved him in prithviraj chauhan. Infact that show ran for years only due to him. If you guys observe his diction in prithviraj vs JA n CN , there's huge difference. I think that's because Rajat tokas is a rajput n pronouncing proper shuddh Hindi is natural to him. But, Urdu isn't his forte .

1265365 thumbnail

You cannot expect proper Urdu dialogues from Indian actors. Forget jennifer n others who are non- muslims, you can't expect proper Urdu even from indian- muslims simply for the fact that Urdu isn't our language, n most Indian muslims are comfortable with Hindi but not Urdu. N most Indian audience are Hindus (80% of population) who don't know Urdu .So, even if some pronunciations go wrong, most of us don't even understand thatsmiley36. So, it doesn't matter I think.

987959 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

Since Rajat tokas is being discussed here. The main reason ITV version of Jodha akbar didn't work out is mainly bcoz of ekta maiyya. She is good with daily soaps but sucks in historical. I hated rajat's character both in Jodha akbar n Chandra nandini.

But, I really really loved him in prithviraj chauhan. Infact that show ran for years only due to him. If you guys observe his diction in prithviraj vs JA n CN , there's huge difference. I think that's because Rajat tokas is a rajput n pronouncing proper shuddh Hindi is natural to him. But, Urdu isn't his forte .

Wasn't Jodha akbar a big hit?

Itv audience won't even care if akbar talked in tapori language smiley37

Edited by spnfan - 4 days ago

Tamilians felt offended with how Deepika spoke Tamil in Chennai express & it’s also not a widely spoken language in India. Urdu is an official language of many states. People who can speak & understand have an equal right to point out the errors. Bollywood songs have been mostly in Urdu since the beginning & many Hindi speakers have been humming those songs. Knowingly or unknowingly Urdu is being spoken by a wider audience. Chaiya chaiya is in Urdu only.

About Rajat Tokas he acted well as Akbar. He faltered sometimes with pronunciation, that’s it.

987959 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Orphic

Tamilians felt offended with how Deepika spoke Tamil in Chennai express & it’s also not a widely spoken language in India. Urdu is an official language of many states. People who can speak & understand have an equal right to point out the errors. Bollywood songs have been mostly in Urdu since the beginning & many Hindi speakers have been humming those songs. Knowingly or unknowingly Urdu is being spoken by a wider audience. Chaiya chaiya is in Urdu only.

About Rajat Tokas he acted well as Akbar. He faltered sometimes with pronunciation, that’s it.

Urdu is mostly the second language in some states with a significant muslim population and again only used by the Muslim population and might be learned by non muslims who take an interest in the language.

Tamil is an official language of an entire state and people got offended not because Deepika wasn't speaking proper Tamil but because of making her speak Hindi in a stereotypical way. She was speaking Hindi throughout the movie and not Tamil. My father loves that movie thought smiley36. He was laughing in the theatres throughout and then watches it everytime it's Malayalam dubbed version comes on tv smiley37

Also Tamil is not just spoken in Tamil Nadu. It's one of the official languages in Srilanka and Singapore. I doubt urdu is spoken more than Tamil in India. An entire state population speaks that language while urdu is spoken only in the northern parts by Muslims.

Most Indians esp hindi speakers can differentiate an Urdu word from a hindi word and can also understand a lot of words as well. But that doesn't mean they can speak urdu properly or can make sentences on their own. Take a random guy from the streets and ask him to sing chaiyya chaiyya and he might pronounce half the words wrong and might not know the meaning of a lot of words even though might know the entire lyrics because of how popular the song is.

I am not even a native Hindi speaker and I can watch pak dramas without any subtitles. Even if they use strong urdu words, I can understand what they mean even if I don't understand it word by word because of my knowledge in Hindi. As a malayali hindu I have literally zero connection with urdu. Muslims in here unlike other states don't speak urdu either. They also speak Malayalam and the names of mosque and all are written in Malayalam and Arabic here. Like I said before they might know more Arabic than Urdu because of our exposure to the middle east.

I know the lyrics of chaiyya chaiyya but I have no idea what "gulposh kabhi itraye kahi mehek toh nazar aa jaye kahi" means even after all these years. I know what mehek means and what nazar means so I can make out it overall means. It's the same with most other hindi songs with urdu lyrics. Gulzar and javed akhtar mostly writes in urdu only.

Edited by spnfan - 4 days ago

We had Urdu as our official language only. Even our mother tongue was added to official languages in 2020.

Whether Urdu is the first or second official language in those states, it’s spoken by a good number of people. They would know if an actor mispronounces words. I wasn’t the only one who thought Jennifer shouldn’t have spoken Urdu. Arfa felt the same & we belong to different states.