Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: meandwho

They drew, the team as well. Boring. Indian women team is now rank 2 after 1 loss 1 draw.

Magnus lost to Feedosev with white pieces..thats making headlines today. Fedosev previously beat Pratham once and dashed his hope for medal. Did a triumphant gesture to rub salt to the wound.

Open tomorrow would be interesting, but I expect a win, as US is doing poorly on all board except 1. Women are playing against china, where Hou/Ju and Tan are not playing...should win

is this chess championship? how long do these games last? do you watch them? do these games have cheerleaders?

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: KhaqONeal

is this chess championship? how long do these games last? do you watch them? do these games have cheerleaders?

Its Olympiad. Chess is not part of the olympics, but they host a 11 days olympiad every two year. India(open(men) and women) team has chance to win Gold this time. they won Bronze in 2022.

I watch highlights/end moments. I like Gukesh, I have followed his games since 2021 and I met him irl, so I watch his games. Planning to watch the match commentary for the next two rounds. India is playing USA tomorrow and then possibly Serbia on Sunday. Its ending this Sunday.

Indian yt channel, Chessbase India cheers for our players. They also make some bomb edits(with Punjabi/tamil bgm), on the players.

Edited by meandwho - 1 months ago
987959 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhaqONeal

The show primarily catered to a teen audience, and let’s be real most CW stars struggle to transition into film compared to their HBO and Showtime counterparts.CW teen shows have loud and vocal fans on social media who make it seem like those actors are bigger/more talented than they are..

It’s a bit like the Tere Bin phenomenon fans were/are hyping it up as if it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread! and some were even predicting the actors will get international offers from Netflix/Prime .. whereas they are doing the same run of the mill Pdramas with the same rehashed roles from now til eternity ..

fans can toss around all the word salad they want, but it is what it is!

Tvd, PLL etc were teen dramas with teen fan following and cw mostly only catered to teenagers and young adults. Most actors were more famous for their looks rather than acting. I remember when the casting for 50 shades of grey was going on Ian used to say he loved that book and kind of encouraged his fans to root for him for that role and when someone asked about the book and casting to Jensen he was like a boomer who had no clue what it was and when he got to know what it was, he gave a disgusted look (in a funny way) to the fan who asked it

Aaaaaaa77 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah I know I used to watch ipkknd season 1, it was really popular The season 3 actress had to face a lot of trolling for being a part of the show Poor girl was so much hated online she didn't get many opportunities even terrible actors get more shots Obsession with Shipping and pairing. Isn't it ironical an actor is called good when he or she manages to convince audience of their feeling like romance for different characters (actors) but if they limit themselves as fans pleases them to then he or she becomes a limited actor Just think about it X only romancing Y because not good at romancing Z How is X a good actor This happens with tv shows Not with movies ,not sure why viewers manage to have understanding when it is the matter of couple of hours
chai_chatter thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: Aaaaaaa77

Yeah I know I used to watch ipkknd season 1, it was really popular The season 3 actress had to face a lot of trolling for being a part of the show Poor girl was so much hated online she didn't get many opportunities even terrible actors get more shots Obsession with Shipping and pairing. Isn't it ironical an actor is called good when he or she manages to convince audience of their feeling like romance for different characters (actors) but if they limit themselves as fans pleases them to then he or she becomes a limited actor Just think about it X only romancing Y because not good at romancing Z How is X a good actor This happens with tv shows Not with movies ,not sure why viewers manage to have understanding when it is the matter of couple of hours

It's unfortunate, but I think people forget it was the characters they got attached to, not the actors who were just doing their job. I think with movies, we only see them for couple of hours but tv actors we see them for months ,thus get attached.

chai_chatter thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

btw, I had such a hard time letting go KKGSR (Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada) and ASR. So I can understand the attachment. Then came Meerab and Murtasim. Sometimes it's hard when you see someone on screen for long time, it's bound to happen.

Aaaaaaa77 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chai_chatter

btw, I had such a hard time letting go KKGSR (Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada) and ASR. So I can understand the attachment. Then came Meerab and Murtasim. Sometimes it's hard when you see someone on screen for long time, it's bound to happen.

Emotional attachment i can definitely understand.

It's the negativity for others rooting out of this attachment that I can't understand

I really liked Zaroon and Kasaf and there were a lot of comparison with Asar and Khirad that who is better. Many of my frnds like Fawad with Mahira a lot but that doesn't spoil my experience of watching ZGH even now . Earlier I wanted Fawad and Sanam to work again

And I didn't feel the same when I watched Barzarkh's first episode

Like you said i also think it's more about characters than actors

I love Pride and Prejudice and have tried watching all adaptations because it's the characters

Obv I liked one version the best that doesn't stop me from trying others

They were different people

chai_chatter thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Emotional attachment i can definitely understand.

It's the negativity for others rooting out of this attachment that I can't understand

I really liked Zaroon and Kasaf and there were a lot of comparison with Asar and Khirad that who is better. Many of my frnds like Fawad with Mahira a lot but that doesn't spoil my experience of watching ZGH even now . Earlier I wanted Fawad and Sanam to work again

And I didn't feel the same when I watched Barzarkh's first episode

Like you said i also think it's more about characters than actors

I love Pride and Prejudice and have tried watching all adaptations because it's the characters

Obv I liked one version the best that doesn't stop me from trying others

They were different people

I think sometimes people can't separate reel from real. Honestly I don't understand the negativity either, it's okay to hype up your favorite but doesn't mean you need to drag someone else in mud. Unfortunately, it's how the world works now. Btw I loved Zaroon and Kasaf as well.

1265365 thumbnail

I don't know why ipk is being discussed here. But, I beg to differ here. It was both Barun n Sanaya's show. It was wrong from the makers part to replace Sanaya n retain only Barun. Sanaya has expressed it many times indirectly n directly.If they wanted fresh pair they should have casted different leads. Retaining Barun n replacing Sanaya was wrong n they totally deserved the backlash. The only thing I agree here is that Shivangi (the new FL) didn't deserve any hatred.

chai_chatter thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

I don't know why ipk is being discussed here. But, I beg to differ here. It was both Barun n Sanaya's show. It was wrong from the makers part to replace Sanaya n retain only Barun. Sanaya has expressed it many times indirectly n directly.If they wanted fresh pair they should have casted different leads. Retaining Barun n replacing Sanaya was wrong n they totally deserved the backlash. The only thing I agree here is that Shivangi (the new FL) didn't deserve any hatred.

oops, I brought it up, talking about the hype and the fandom.