Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1259112 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

The whole show reeks of misogyny if you ask me.

It has been from the beginning but we chose to ignore it and took the positive stuff. Now that positivity has become so scarce, the poor attitude towards women is glaringly obvious.

Vidhi's character seems to be aligning more and more with HP, a narcissistic personality who does what he wants to and never trusted Dev's words. I am not sure but I guess this is makers' way of showing her immaturity or age gap related issues.

Yes, it's hard to believe that a female writer could sabotage her fl herself in every possible way.

Anyway they seen to be in a kind of rush to wrap things up, I'm guessing we can expect more chaos and heart burn for fans in coming weeks.

Like you said, let's take only the good stuff.

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sns23

Vidhi on the other hand has not been written in a consistent manner at all.

On a different note - I was surprised to find out that the writer for the show is actually a woman 😱 how can a woman write a woman protagonist in such an inconsistent way.

Bold: On a lighter note, Aurat hi aurat ki dushman hoti hai 😎......... ya kya pata iss woman writer ka boss Jai hoga.😆

SNS, by any chance do you know whether the earlier writer was also a woman?

Because I liked that Vidhi originally. Her slow growth towards love....... trying to understand whether her feelings fall under infatuation or is it love...... She was naïve in lot of things, but she had internal strength to tell her fresh new boss that she doesn't think herself worthy of the salary given, to stand up against Amba and claim that Dev will never ever love Amba......... That same strength was reflected when she confessed love in front of Milapani Maiiya; then took firm decision to not marry if she was not married to Dev.

I find complete inconsistency in her after the honeymoon episode........ Vidhi ka gala ghotkar maara ja raha hai ussko in every track............now this Jai track is the real killer of Vidhi.

sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

@bold- The difference is also the channel- Sony's characters are (generally) written well; Sitara not so much. KTLK was on Sony I think.

The whole character sketch might not just be the PH/writer's call- the channel can play a role too, and very few channels might be amiable for a laissez-faire attitude, especially those are constantly hungry for TRP's.

You can see neutral folks praise a few stories currently for their writing- Sapnon ki Chhalang, Dhruv Tara, Katha Ankahee and Vanshaj. The common denominator- they're all on Sony or SAB (which is also Sony owned).

Of course Sony these days have become slightly ruthless in the TRP game too (they ended IPZN, S9MK prematurely and even Chhalang is going to go off air soon), but in general, I'll trust a Sony show for better writing/characterisation than Sitara.

Sony has always had some good shows. But I think they have been pretty ruthless in the TRP game for as long as I remember - they don’t spend too much time/money waiting for something to pick up (as long as it’s not an EK show).
I don’t have a way to watch Sony shows so I’m not in touch with it as much. I think KTLK was probably the last show I watched. Or maybe the one about the princess who dint know she was a princess.

Star Bharat in its previous incarnation as star one had some good shows too - Remix is the first show that comes to mind. There were some good weeklies too on both star Bharat and star plus but this was more than a decade ago.

What I fail to understand is how inconsistent characterization favors the channel/show. Star Bharat is like 2 shows away from having an empty kitty. And no matter how deep sitara’s pockets are, they will cut their losses at some point too.

sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Loving2Missing2

Bold: On a lighter note, Aurat hi aurat ki dushman hoti hai 😎......... ya kya pata iss woman writer ka boss Jai hoga.😆

SNS, by any chance do you know whether the earlier writer was also a woman?

Because I liked that Vidhi originally. Her slow growth towards love....... trying to understand whether her feelings fall under infatuation or is it love...... She was naïve in lot of things, but she had internal strength to tell her fresh new boss that she doesn't think herself worthy of the salary given, to stand up against Amba and claim that Dev will never ever love Amba......... That same strength was reflected when she confessed love in front of Milapani Maiiya; then took firm decision to not marry if she was not married to Dev.

I find complete inconsistency in her after the honeymoon episode........ Vidhi ka gala ghotkar maara ja raha hai ussko in every track............now this Jai track is the real killer of Vidhi.

Unfortunately, it is the same lady who has been writing from day one. The screenplay writers have changed, but the writer/episode writers are still the same.

@blue - this is precisely what got me hooked onto this show.

sns23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minami_koi

The whole show reeks of misogyny if you ask me.

It has been from the beginning but we chose to ignore it and took the positive stuff. Now that positivity has become so scarce, the poor attitude towards women is glaringly obvious.

Vidhi's character seems to be aligning more and more with HP, a narcissistic personality who does what he wants to and never trusted Dev's words. I am not sure but I guess this is makers' way of showing her immaturity or age gap related issues.

Yes, it's hard to believe that a female writer could sabotage her fl herself in every possible way.

Anyway they seen to be in a kind of rush to wrap things up, I'm guessing we can expect more chaos and heart burn for fans in coming weeks.

Like you said, let's take only the good stuff.

@Green - 100%

if you think about it - everything with Jai seems to be a rinse + repeat of dev/Amba. Dev was firm with Amba, vidhi is not. And that is 🤢🤢🤢

sns23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Revutty

Dev : Tumne meri life mein khushiyon kaa pitara khol Diya ? Kya mein tumhare liye chaat kaa dukan nahin khol sakta

How cute to hear that from Dev today

Dev ne kaise udaye Vidhi ko khusi mein jaise hi positive sune , mujhe meri vaali yaad aayi Aaj.....Sahi mein uss ehsas ke liye shabd hi nahi....

Yeah this was really really sweet ❤️ I loved that line as well 😍😍 that whole sequence with the chaat wala was very well done.

Revutty thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Bade dinon baad Dev ki dialogues yaad karke likh rahi hun...Aaj sach mein Dev ki yeh dialogue mujhe acchi lagi....

Revutty thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Jai overacting kar rahe hein 🤣🤣

Bahut zyada bakwas bana dee hein show ko....Abb Jai and Amba ko hi Jodi banawo .Donon psycho milke khoon ke aansu rulayenge sabko

sns23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MinnieMouse90

Sorry I disagree. I just watched few clips on insta on today's episode cud not feel anything coz of the crap they showed yesterday and will be showing in future. They have just ruined the essence. Everything look so forced to me. The damage they have done, I think there is no going back. Just my personal opinion.

I understand your perspective - but I don’t think the clips do it much justice.
My initial reaction is that the episode as a stand-alone one is good. If you are completely able to ignore what happened in the previous episode, and just focus on this, I think it is enjoyable.