Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

goddessisgaga thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: EstrellaNijam

Ammaji the most realistic character. When she is good, she is good, but when necessary she is bad. Think about Sadhna in Bidaai, Dia in Laado, Anandi in BV, who always walks with the jhanda of truth. They gave testimony against their own family member in court. Do you think these are real characters? No... Ammaji, who accepted daughter child but still discriminate in matter of election is the real character. Ammaji, who wants to change Veerpur but still wins by cheating is real character.

Aditya, he is the most common type of character in real life. More than half of the married couple (majority of whom are men) have extra-marital affair. His concept is the most realistic and I guess most current-time situtaion problem. (even girl feticide/infanticide is outdated most of the places)
Chanda, has the common problem of jealousy possed by most of the women in the world. The fear of lack of power, diplomacy, trying to show others low are sommon problem and terrible phobia for women today.
Param, well not much, but still unlike her brother, Surya, he has remembered who his father was. He has not forgotten that Ammaji was the one who killed her father, no matter for what reason. If someone kills my father for saving me, I would kill that someone and ask him why he did not save my father first?
No, I am not saying they are all right from my POV. But put yourself in their shes. When you will, you will see there is nothing wrong in Ammaji, Chanda and Param at all. These three are right in their own places. Only Aditya is pervert and I appreciate whoever playing his role. He has done sucha a fantastic job by bringing his character real in the show. This is not about how righteous a character is, it is about how well a show was able to portray a real problem and showed its solution.
For example, BV shows real-life problem, but gives unrealistic solution. They showed Anandi's sasural as very mahan and good. Why? It is not common. They are showing widows, but men are always ready for them to marry !!!! even if they have child!!!!! One of the answer from a fan of BV/Anandi was that if they show common things in a show, what is the point of watching the show. Anandi sausral is exceptionally good, that's why we are watching Anandi's story, because she is especial.
Now my comment is, they are showing such a serious concept like child marriage and widow marriage with special cases (or exceptional situation), where everybody is there to support the victim? Wow👏👏👏. Hats off to the imagination and to the realization of reality of BV CVs team.
There is nothing rightoues about Ammaji or Aditya's behavior. But that's where Laado "bajji matt karte hain". It takes a lot of risks and tries to open our eye by portraying such charcaters. they do not show faltu situtaions like BV. Laado has really complicated and tough situtaion. It is not like BV, where Gauri's child had to be killed so that the thorn in the path of Anandi and jaggya can be cleared. (don't talk about Shivaji, I am talking about the time when the miscarriage happened). Life is not so easy. Since, Laado has taken that brave step to show unwanted but realistic solution, we have given Laado a beautiful gift, that is "going off air"
BV portion of this post was also intended as the reply to the above sentence.

@ EstrellaNijam
I just want to say nothing but claps 👏👏
You gave a precise formula of Ammaji. She's a concrete character. A person can't be all angel from heaven with no negative characteristics, as you pointed Anandi, Sadhna etc. People approach it too pathetically. Every good person have bad characteristics and every bad person has good characteristics somehow too. As you are watching the show with Sia's pregnancy then you should know when Gajinder came from jail for few minutes as if he was worried for his darling mother 😉 Then he said he's so regretful, understood his fault and suffers a lot, then MAAji replied: "My father had been saying that only God is perfect. But people do mistakes. Those who admit and understand their mistakes are good people, but those who deny are devils"
This is how it occurs. Indeed, my dad (not a proper watcher though, only old Veerpur times) and me always loved Ammaji. We said she's always there for her family and that's a golden characteristic. Putting your pride, family's name above everything, protecting family and no matter what always wanting to keep its unity sharply tied is done by nobody but Ammaji in the show. And she's always very patient, calm, that's why she can work out things smartly. My father also prefers her for outer look too, to be honest, but also praises these characteristics, especially patience and bravery 😉 She just has all capability to portray the character RIGHTEOUSLY as how it's supposed to be. YOU GIVE HER FORMULA PRECISELY. THANK YOU!
ADITYA is also a common type guy. I mean iss zamana men it's not a surprise of idiot guys.
CHANDA is the same as you say. She's just a typical ignorant illiterate woman.
PARAM is right in his own way. I mean usually siblings differ, so he's the one caring for his father and he has a right indeed, hence to be honest.
I agree. This show is nothing without Ammaji. Not Sia. If Sia was general, then they would stop the serial after her death, but no. At home, if you wanna know the truth I don't call the show "Laado", but I call it "Ammaji". And if anytime anyone asks I'm saying "I am watching Ammaji." 😃 😃
You're not alone now. I'm with you! We think alike. Always remember there's someone out there who is solidary with you. Even though I am not that close with other serials, but I know their concept and some plots so I agree with you totally.
And one thing more, you are right about Ammaji's political election. We all know she's a very dabang and stubborn lady. If she puts some goal in front of herself, she does hard to reach it there and she tries every single chance to full extent. This is indeed a good characteristic which we can all take example from Ammaji 👏
Edited by goddessisgaga - 12 years ago
567043 thumbnail

Originally posted by: goddessisgaga

No. You didn't get me right. I didn't mean this leap. I meant the other one, 18 years passing right after Raghav's death. Also, the show was still amazing where Ammaji battled for women with Ranntej, it was feminist theme.
Plus, the show mustn't be kept in one issue all the time. It would be boring discomforting. In one interview 'Ammaji' herself said that, the topic have to change from one issue to another to keep the viewers closed etc (these what I say). They still keep female related things up but that doesn't mean it always had to be about women getting beaten, girl-children getting buried alive or suppressed. It also had to involve other other cases going in society - like, sorry, rape, murder, injustice, money, power etc. Else it wouldn't be that large. To me, I think "...Laado" was still doing good in Delhi years. And back in Veerpur too. But after people started to bring more of their eyes' lights to other shows as BV, Uttaran known as everlasting unrealistic shows indeed and Laado got under the light underrated. Its time slot changed etc. So now because of getting back the viewers CVs had to make any half-witted situation to gain TRPs, that is why Karan-Tanisha-Aditya madness is on. It's unplanned and unwanted out of the theme, out of the concept, out of the story-line, out of the life-stories message. 🤢 You can see my review on this track with the name "Ammaji, Karan and Politics" on Forum's 1st-2nd pages.

A FEMINIST THEME? POST leap?
Her stint in Delhi was full of her misdeeds and those of her sons and grandsons.
Her fight with Rana was NOT for a feminist cause-it was for POWER & she USED oppressed women to regain it.
This is one of the most regressive shows on Indian Telly-there isn't ONE injustice the woman has NOT perpetrated on women-Feminist???? She was and has remained a misogynist.

Please don't compare it to other shows just to praise it so mindlessly.At least the characters in other serials grow and mature-unlike Ammaji who has remained uni-dimensional.The show is WAY past its expiry date!

Sorry,I'm stepping on your toes-you are obviously a fan of Ammaji & this show. I would not have posted here except that you said Ammaji was a feminist-that provoked a response-I mean no offense,please.
goddessisgaga thumbnail

Originally posted by: shrik_88music

Can you tell me what was role of Varun Kapoor in this show Ladoand how was his performance? and what was the real ending in the show - did that ammaji die? and did u like the ending part? How did Varun Kapoor's role transform in that show and did it last long?

Oh I'm sorry I got your question wrong firstly. Varun Kapur was introduced firstly as a RJ. Then he competed in college dance contest. He and Dia fell in love. They married but his dad was Bhanupratap - Ammaji ke sabse bara dushman. He had beautiful and funny moments with Dia. His acting was good. But as Ammaji burnt his father Bhanupratap in order of taking revenge he threw Dia's mangalsutra and said she did all this just to help her family take revenge from his dad and broke up with her, though Dia really loved him and wasn't involved in the plan totally. After that scene he left the show. His time started around January 2011 and ended in September 2011. Oh and how can Ammaji die? She can die only when it's the final episode. Otherwise it's not "Na Aana Iss Des Laado" without LARGER-THAN-LIFE AMMAJI 😆
goddessisgaga thumbnail

Originally posted by: znursingh

A FEMINIST THEME? POST leap?
Her stint in Delhi was full of her misdeeds and those of her sons and grandsons.
Her fight with Rana was NOT for a feminist cause-it was for POWER & she USED oppressed women to regain it.
This is one of the most regressive shows on Indian Telly-there isn't ONE injustice the woman has NOT perpetrated on women-Feminist???? She was and has remained a misogynist.

Please don't compare it to other shows just to praise it so mindlessly.At least the characters in other serials grow and mature-unlike Ammaji who has remained uni-dimensional.The show is WAY past its expiry date!

Sorry,I'm stepping on your toes-you are obviously a fan of Ammaji & this show. I would not have posted here except that you said Ammaji was a feminist-that provoked a response-I mean no offense,please.

I respect your thoughts, but I like to show mine and explain too.
Thanks for replying your opinion.

As she got thrown out by her ill-mannered sons and only people whom she always treated wrongly stayed with her, then she understood it. Remember she was depressed for days not even speaking a single word?! Ammaji is a power-obsessed woman, we all know it 😛 But she also has good characteristics I noted on my other post above. She's not that misogynistic. She accepted Dia, Jhanvi; she treated Santosh brilliantly and for her killed her own son. She was so sad for Dia's death. Remember how she was crying and she took oaths to take revenge. All she does now is just she wants to be the leader and she likes when nobody interferes her work, that's why she's quite ignoring towards everyone. Once she reaches the CM post office, she'll be alright. She's just too excited and concentrated when it comes to beating goals. She's very attentive. I don't know what you think about other shows, people have different likes but the truth is one. Me and @ EstrellaNijam have explained our sentiments on that pretty well above. There's nothing angelic about Anandi Singh because a personality must be the one and the only. It's not like devoting all your soul to justice and the truth. We all know there are other issues in life that make causality and keep situations in dilemma. You may think so but for me Ammaji is so much more mature than her.
And thanks for polite excuses as you say I'm obviously her and show's fan. But I don't say all these compliments getting "...Laado" right just because I love it. No! This is how I see things. Back times I was like "eeh" to the show but when I thought and got into the show deeply I fell in love with it. She's not that feminist though, of course. She still has vestiges of her interior and that's natural. Just now she's more valuable. I explained the purpose of ignorance just now.
Edited by goddessisgaga - 12 years ago
567043 thumbnail
@ Goddessisgaga

Thank you for your polite and patient reply! Its refreshing NOT to have my head bitten off IF I happen to disagree!
As for Ammaji=I guess we will agree to disagree!
I used to watch this very regularly but stopped once the leap happened+Maryada was FAR better in its treatment of feminist issues,than Laddo
I live in a small-no TINY-village in Haryana-and I see a lot more Anandis here and NO Ammajis in this STRICTLY patriarchal society-so she is not even truly representative of women in rural Haryana.
But thank you for your response-its been a pleasure!

PS= OH! And about your user ID, I'm too old & too cynical to believe that ANY pop star is a Goddess-a diva? YES!
Edited by znursingh - 12 years ago
goddessisgaga thumbnail

Originally posted by: znursingh

@ Goddessisgaga

Thank you for your polite and patient reply! Its refreshing NOT to have my head bitten off IF I happen to disagree!
As for Ammaji=I guess we will agree to disagree!
I used to watch this very regularly but stopped once the leap happened+Maryada was FAR better in its treatment of feminist issues,than Laddo
I live in a small-no TINY-village in Haryana-and I see a lot more Anandis here and NO Ammajis in this STRICTLY patriarchal society-so she is not even truly representative of women in rural Haryana.
But thank you for your response-its been a pleasure!

PS= OH! And about your user ID, I'm too old & too cynical to believe that ANY pop star is a Goddess-a diva? YES!

Hahahaha thank you for your kind reply too! Nice to meet you, by the way 😊 Well, I can't judge it because you are the one living there, me not, so you should be knowing better than me. But as you say in STRICTLY patriarchal society there can surely be NO Ammaji, AS FAR AS any powerful sarpanch dies early and his widow-left stubborn wife takes the post by force 😆

And to PS: Yeah hahaha I am just huge little monster of hers (if you know she calls her fans so) ⭐️
567043 thumbnail

Hahahaha thank you for your kind reply too! Nice to meet you, by the way 😊 Well, I can't judge it because you are the one living there, me not, so you should be knowing better than me. But as you say in STRICTLY patriarchal society there can surely be NO Ammaji, AS FAR AS any powerful sarpanch dies early and his widow-left stubborn wife takes the post by force 😆

And to PS: Yeah hahaha I am just huge little monster of hers (if you know she calls her fans so) ⭐️

Please to meet you too,Monster!! (I'm NOT being rude! It IS what you called yourself or what your diva calls her acolytes! If you missed out on Maryada,do catch it online if you can.
Well our little village has just taken a HUGE step towards women empowerment-they elected a woman sarpanch--defeated the sitting MALE sarpanch! There is ALWAYS a silver lining!!
567043 thumbnail

Originally posted by: EstrellaNijam

but yes, you are right. No show can be compared to Laado. and comparing BV with Laado, no way. Sorry for my mistake. If any other show can be compared to Laado, then it would be the most fortunate show that they have achieved that high level to be compared with Laado. and BV certainty do not fall into that category. Sorry again for any inconvinience.

Right! We can agree to disagree! NO inconvenience at all,please.

@ goddessisgaga=I owe you an apology for wrongly attributing an EN remark to you.My apologies to both of you!
goddessisgaga thumbnail
@ znursingh
I haven't watched it but I just know that it has ended lately 2-3 months ago and there's some girl Uttara or, sorry if I'm wrong.
Hahahaha that's no bother. It's a compliment to us to be called so 😃
You don't need to apologize from me at all. @ EstrellaNijam did a great explanation of comparing other shows and I quite agree with her.
Oh and I'm really glad for your elections. I think it's gonna be fabulous 👏 Badhai ho aap log ki nayi sarpanch ko. What's her name? I just wondered. How old is she? Did you vote for her too? Is she beautiful? Is she kind? Sorry, if I'm gone too private; CURIOSITY IS MY DISEASE 😡
567043 thumbnail

@ znursingh

I haven't watched it but I just know that it has ended lately 2-3 months ago and there's some girl Uttara or, sorry if I'm wrong.
Hahahaha that's no bother. It's a compliment to us to be called so 😃
You don't need to apologize from me at all. @ EstrellaNijam did a great explanation of comparing other shows and I quite agree with her.
Oh and I'm really glad for your elections. I think it's gonna be fabulous 👏 Badhai ho aap log ki nayi sarpanch ko. What's her name? I just wondered. How old is she? Did you vote for her too? Is she beautiful? Is she kind? Sorry, if I'm gone too private; CURIOSITY IS MY DISEASE 😡

I'm a lecturer-its my JOB to answer questions!! Our tribe considers curiosity as VERY healthy!! OF COURSE,I voted for her!
Her name is Ramdei,she is around 40 years-beaten black and blue by a drunken husband.She got all similarly affected women together-they stormed the local village desi booze shop and beat the holy c**p out of all the drunks at the adda(including her husband!-They wield a mean lathi in these parts!!),went to the cops & had the shop shut down(belonged to the sarpanch's younger brother!)local elections were round the corner and the rest is history & the men are MOST sober!!
She is strong and her beauty lies in that-conventionally perhaps not but she is SO kind & SO available and like all women great at multi tasking!

PS=Uttra was a woman in Maryada-do see it if its available