Laado Deserves a much better TRP

JuhiR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi All,

I don't know what you all think. But I think Laado deserves a much better TRP than 1.0. It is a great story with a wonderful cast. What I like about it is that it is shot at different locations (Rana's house, village scenes, Ammaji's house, Rai's office etc.), and it has a huge cast. Most serials do not have such big cast and settings and I don't enjoy cliched saas-bahu stories.

I think if Colors give it at least 10 pm slot to show new episodes, and do the repeat telecasts the following day, TRPs would increase definitely to 1.5 or 1.8 at least.

Plus the PH needs to give more importance to younger caste now and let Ammaji lead from behind. We know it is her story, I love Ammaji, and Meghna Malik does a fantastic job, so she is absolutely needed for the story. But to draw more viewers they need to give more importance to JaYa, Shadia, Karan-Tanisha, Aditya-Ragini etc.

Chautala-Santosh is not that interesting to me, but it is needed to bring diversity in the show.

Your comments and views will be appreciated.
Edited by JuhiRockz - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

usmrasul thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i wasactually scared of your title because it felt like you will be saying 'it deserves less' lolz

ok, now coming to your post, agree with it, specially on it getting a better timeslot, i dnt think Laado's concept is suit for midday relaxing slo...on the other hand, late night slot is nt empty either..

also agree with Ammaji should be idelined for few epis, she is given so much importance that everytime some crisis happens, i start to take for granted that Ammaji will solve it so the plot holds no other taste...and to be honest, personally, am here more to see jaya than Ammaji

about the storyline, yes it improved for past two weeks but for so long it had been ego clash between Ammaji and rana and each other getting revenge on each other that i dont know if something new, refreshing will come in future or it will go this way only

-bonbon- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I totally agree with you! I heard that before Laado was moved its TRP was a rocking 2.9 (at the night slot after Uttaran). So why did ColorsTv make this stupid decision to move the show to an afternoon slot? The worst thing is that in the TRPs they do not count how many people are watching the repeat of the show. Since the repeats come at night, which is when most people watch show and it gets maximum views, it is not counted. Also, since the time slot has been changed to the afternoon, I am not able to watch the show and I do not watch the repeat telecast at night because they do not show the precap. Therefore I am watching the show online. Online views do not count towards the TRPs either. This is why I strongly believed that Laado should once again be returned to its night slot and the original episode (not the repeat) should be telecasted at this time. Otherwise ColorsTv will be in the misunderstanding that nobody watches Laado however, people are busy during the day, usually not at home, and in the evening they come home and watch TV. They come home and watch the Laado repeat and this is probably when the show gets it maximum views however, as I mentioned earlier, if the repeat telecast is not counted in the TRPs, then the TRPs are not reliable or accurate. Colors, move Laado back to its night slot!
JuhiR thumbnail

Originally posted by: usmrasul

i wasactually scared of your title because it felt like you will be saying 'it deserves less' lolz

Thanks for drawing my attention to the title. It could be really confusing. I edited it.

Also thanks for your comments. Yes, I agree with you. I hope they can come up with a better and refreshing story. That is how they can draw more viewers. I like their village set up, and feudal lifestyle, so even if they make a new storyline, it should be centered in Veerpur.

But I agree it is too tiring to watch Rana and Ammaji's endless vengeance games.
JuhiR thumbnail

Originally posted by: heeyyy

Colors, move Laado back to its night slot!

Completely agree with you. They should show the new episodes during the night slots, and repeat telecasts during day. I will try to find out if we can send feedback to Colors through their website. Let's hope Laado comes up with a good storyline and Colors starts promoting it. It is one of their oldest shows and they should try to continue to preserve it.