Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

496295 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@ Tiny15: I totally echo whatever you have said.

@ All the others: Okay, I get your points, that he's started to see the other side of the coin because of Jhanvi. But don't you all think that it's happening a tad too fast?

For example, he's a devoted, hard-core Brahmachari who'd jump in a ditch a hundred times before even THINKING of getting near a woman in that light. He was shown to have been going crazy sprinkling Ganga-water on himself and his room because Jhanvi had touched/stepped there!! How did all that disappear magically without even leaving a trace?

I know most of us would've overlooked this point because of the demand for a fast-forward love story between, ah-hem, "JaYa" *rolling eyes*, but it's indeed comical how the CVs just overturned one vital aspect of his character just for the sake of meeting passionate scenes-hungry juntaa! 😆

In a proper portrayal, he'd have probably been drowning in mercuric guilt for just allowing Jhanvi to touch him or even THINKING of lifting her! 🤣

Laado used to be such a nice and sensible show, sad it had to fall into the Honey-Trap of "Raw-maaance".😒
aska123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ syali

If CV does not show it fast , param will get a chance ..He is not going to be slow
496295 thumbnail
^^ Then the Creatives could've taken a different route. They could've kept it solely as a revenge drama, and not a love track. They could've shown Jhanvi getting all "down and dirty" with all three of them, if you get what I mean. Sleep with Param and gradually make him her slave, and use her sexuality to manipulate him to turn against Surya and his father, at the same time, make Surya believe she only taken him for her husband by being lovey dovey with him.

As Krishna said earlier, you cannot clean a gutter without dirtying your hand first. What they're showing is utterly ridiculous and unrealistic. They should've shown Jhanvi desperate for revenge and raring to wreck the Rana Network from within by enslaving his vulnerable sons in her snare, using whichever means. That would've been painful yet gritting to watch. Atleast it could've lived up to the theme of Laado, showcasing the ugly warts of life as it has till now.
Hesperus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sayali_babes

^^ Then the Creatives could've taken a different route. They could've kept it solely as a revenge drama, and not a love track. They could've shown Jhanvi getting all "down and dirty" with all three of them, if you get what I mean. Sleep with Param and gradually make him her slave, and use her sexuality to manipulate him to turn against Surya and his father, at the same time, make Surya believe she only taken him for her husband by being lovey dovey with him.

As Krishna said earlier, you cannot clean a gutter without dirtying your hand first. What they're showing is utterly ridiculous and unrealistic. They should've shown Jhanvi desperate for revenge and raring to wreck the Rana Network from within by enslaving his vulnerable sons in her snare, using whichever means. That would've been painful yet gritting to watch. Atleast it could've lived up to the theme of Laado, showcasing the ugly warts of life as it has till now.

@bold: Uhm, but this would've totally crapped up Jhanvi's character. Surely, she wants revenge, but seriously, there's no need to "sell" your body for it. I mean, every woman has her izzat and so does Jhanvi. Revenge shouldn't birng one as far as to lose their ideals and morals. Jhanvi was always the fighter which could do anything for her family, but surely not someone who could sacrifice her purity just to gain revenge 😲

I read your posts again, and I can understand what you mean. Surya's change is indeed sudden and, yes, the lifting part that day wasn't really neccessary - it was odd. Though, on that day Jhanvi played her game w/ him, I think.

Oh, and for me it looks like she's already breaking Rana's strength. Surya's changing and he's his father's "strongest weapon", yet, if he really changes he might turn against Rana. There's a rift b/w Param and Surya now, so the bros are breaking apart, too. Willingly or not - she's breaking Rana's power w/o getting so low and using her "physical power".
496295 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hesperus

@bold: Uhm, but this would've totally crapped up Jhanvi's character. Surely, she wants revenge, but seriously, there's no need to "sell" your body for it. I mean, every woman has her izzat and so does Jhanvi. Revenge shouldn't birng one as far as to lose their ideals and morals. Jhanvi was always the fighter which could do anything for her family, but surely not someone who could sacrifice her purity just to gain revenge 😲

I read your posts again, and I can understand what you mean. Surya's change is indeed sudden and, yes, the lifting part that day wasn't really neccessary - it was odd. Though, on that day Jhanvi played her game w/ him, I think.

Oh, and for me it looks like she's already breaking Rana's strength. Surya's changing and he's his father's "strongest weapon", yet, if he really changes he might turn against Rana. There's a rift b/w Param and Surya now, so the bros are breaking apart, too. Willingly or not - she's breaking Rana's power w/o getting so low and using her "physical power".

I know, I was responding to the member who pointed out that Param won't wait for Surya to take his time changing, and would find some way to get at her.😆

By the way, if she wanted revenge without "dirtying" herself, she should've sided with Ammaji and handed over the whole dinghy to the Police that day. That would've been the ideal and also realistic thing to do then---but then,we would be missing out on the "Drrramatic love-ishhtorie" 😆 😉

THAT is what is making his so unrealistic right now. Make up your mind, woman. If you want to run away unscathed, hand them to the police. You want to play changing games, then you gotta INVOLVE yourself in it...even at the cost of putting your everything on the stake-hold. Sink wherever you have to...that's what an ideal revenge drama is..and no, I don't think it would've "messed up" her character..everything's fair in War...especially when you're going to uproot something from within. Sorry, I've been reading too many crime-thrillers here.😉😛

@ Blue: Precisely one of the vital points of this debate, Laado is losing its charm, it's turning into a Damsel-and-Knight story, and I don't really like it.😡
Edited by sayali_babes - 12 years ago
Hesperus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I don't mind the love-story 🤣 😆

But yes, every normal woman would've done what you've written - handed the case over to the police. Yet, we're here watching a daily show, and since when did those shows do realistic things? 😒 I'm always amazed at how woman in most indian serials make up their minds to fight instead do it the easy way 😆

Everything's allowed in war - right. And nonetheless, I can't get comfortable w/ the mere thought! 😳 Maybe, it's just me, but it wouldn't be Jhanvi if she did something like this 🤔

You know, am kinda missing the old Jhanvi who used to do Karate w/ her mom 😭 She was different and strong (physical), but now she remembers me of those typical crying-girls. Yeah, it's the shock, right now, and that's okay - I'm referring to the time before marriage w/ this 😔

Maybe, the CVs will show some inner-conflict of Surya? 'cause, I'm not minding his "change" at all, even if it was sudden. The lifting part was odd, yes, but I liked him saving Jhanvi due to whatever reason he might've had - but please, he shouldn't turn all lovey-dovey and soft towards her 😆
496295 thumbnail
Lovey-dovey is precisely what's taking my piss!😒😭

Oh, oh---this is sooo NOT our "determined" Suryadev! Where has all his heat--"prataap" gone?
Edited by sayali_babes - 12 years ago
rani-lucki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
we need some anger, passion, power etc
i don't want everything to be lovi dovi so soon :-)
aska123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ syali

heat gone with marriage. He is not as much determined as you think.

If he is so , he would not have done marriage under his father pressure.

Sometimes he surrender against his own wish.

Also this is a daily show which is for entertain peoples , don't expect much realism.

After all he is also a human being.

Who says a BRAHMCHARI can't change . If Vishvamitr can change why not surya.

It is the demand of story and public too
496295 thumbnail
Well, he was shown to change almost *abruptly*, overnight and without a grimace. That's just , *just absurd*, nothing to do with entertainment.