Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

survi035 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Well i Guess Jhanvi took his circumstances into consideration.
The environment that he was born in and raised in was not exactly the best. She understands what made him to what he is...shes trying to dig in and bring out the good nature that is hiding within him.

well, girls... despite what he has said..todays episode and tomorrows precap need to be taken into consideration. Perhaps what he thinks he should follow (women are lower to men and they should suffer) doesnt really add up to what he ACTUALLY believes (women should be respected and are equal).

I respect your guys opinions and there are probably many others here who feel the same way as you two but personally, im loving the track, the story and characters.

I feel all three sons are not TOO bad. The environment they are bought up in was wrong. Although Surya is alil bit more soft hearted than his brothers.

IM WITH Hesperus and sujji on this one!!!!

Perhaps Surya's confusion (inconsistency in what hes saying and doing) is a part of his journey in finding out who he really is and what he really believes in. Perhaps, the reason why we cannot understand his character and are constantly guessing his next move is because his character is not YET complete.
Edited by survi035 - 12 years ago
Sweet_Krishna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I understand that many of you are seeing the hopeful side of the story but I still cannot get many things straight..
This guy Surya claimed to be hardcore brahmachari who could get defiled by a woman's touch but did not realise that when he snatched and carried away baby durga who incidentally was a female.
He had guts and heart to abet and watch without slight remorse female infanticide. The wails and cries of a baby and her mother could not thaw that demon..
He too was not lagging behind his father in insulting Ammaji by calling her 'budiya' and speaking harshly..
How could one forget that he was responsible for that helpless woman's death who commited suicide by ingesting poison and who was torn between two men when the latter approached for justice to this devil?
He threatens a guy that he will chop his hands off lest his father tries to bully his mother again and lest he fails to protect his mother but on the other hand he has daily watched his mother being tortured,humiliated by Rana and never dared to catch hold of his hands forget cutting off..
Why he stopped his father from making shivlali cleaning floors was utterly due to his regard for clan's izzat .. reputaion and image.He did not want outsiders to discuss it and and make ranas a laughing stock.And suddenly CVs have started showing that overnight he has developed soft corner for his mother.. Jahaanvi's beauty and lovey dovey stares have achieved that thing in one day which his mother's pain,numerous acts of female infanticide and getting an innocent guy (Karan) trapped and killed etc. etc. etc. could not achieve over the years. Ha Ha Ha
One thing is for sure.. This chap Surya turned out be kiddish like Ammaji and Rana had affirmed earlier..He seems to have no principles , no ideologies... he has turned double mindedπŸ˜• out of a sudden..He was shown as a man pucca of his rigid principles,evil they may be.. But it seems it was a wrong potrayal.I admire other two brothers and rana because they are the same in and out.
Hesperus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
@Sweet_Krishna - I totally understand where you come from 😊 And truth to be said, I even get your point 😳

But I guess on this I can't completely agree w/ you 😳 Maybe, it's just me but I have seen slight good sides in Surya even before, you stated one w/ the son-father incident, though this might be shadowed by the woman who committed susiced because of him πŸ˜’

Firstly, I would never say someone's "evil" - in my opinion, there are really rare people "evil". That what makes us considering them as bad are their doings and way of thinking - Surya just had a wrong way of thinking, why he did have it we don't know. We don't even know what was in his past, if he really always watched his mother being tortured only - but in the present, meaning in the show right now I haven't seen Rana torturing or humiliating Shivlali in front of Surya, even once. When he had slapped Shivlali Surya wasn't there, for example. And he might have said (when she was cleaning the floor) that wife is izzat of husband - but did he really mean it? That's another question. Besides, whenever he sees his father w/ Bulbul he send his mom away, what proofs for me that he cares for her and cared even before Jhanvi was there.

I know, Sia's situation was not that bad as Jhanvi's, but still it was really bad - I mean, Raghav faked love w/ her, married her and humiliated her afterwards (when this guy was in Sia's room on their SR, when he dragged her cruelly out of his room etc...) considering to me, this was also a sin done by Raghav who was totally blinded by his mother's love - and it was Sia who opened his eyes and forgive him. It's hard to compare it (especially since RaSia got more time for developing) but Jhanvi's opening Surya's eyes right now, too. And he saved her from being raped - that's the most important aspect in this situation!

Sorry, don't take me wrong - I understand what you mean and it's totally okay w/ me πŸ˜‰ And that was just my own opinion 😳
vrashali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I totally agree withHesperus,sujji.survi coz i have same views. i have to say that surya & janvi both are genuine character.
about janvi - rember an episod janvi said to dia " mene pyar nahin kiya par pyaar ko mahasoos kiya hai jab galatfahmiyan [ misunderstandings ] door ho jati hain to pyaar vapas aa jata hai " always she says thatonlysurya is my husband.
about surya - basically surya is a good hearted and kahan likha hai ki bramhachri changa nahi ho sakte afterall they are humanbeing.
again says jaya' s track is very nice and i liki it.
Juna04 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: survi035

Well i Guess Jhanvi took his circumstances into consideration.
The environment that he was born in and raised in was not exactly the best. She understands what made him to what he is...shes trying to dig in and bring out the good nature that is hiding within him.

well, girls... despite what he has said..todays episode and tomorrows precap need to be taken into consideration. Perhaps what he thinks he should follow (women are lower to men and they should suffer) doesnt really add up to what he ACTUALLY believes (women should be respected and are equal).

I respect your guys opinions and there are probably many others here who feel the same way as you two but personally, im loving the track, the story and characters.

I feel all three sons are not TOO bad. The environment they are bought up in was wrong. Although Surya is alil bit more soft hearted than his brothers.

IM WITH Hesperus and sujji on this one!!!!

Perhaps Surya's confusion (inconsistency in what hes saying and doing) is a part of his journey in finding out who he really is and what he really believes in. Perhaps, the reason why we cannot understand his character and are constantly guessing his next move is because his character is not YET complete.

@ bold and underlined...
Totally agree with you Survi035 - People are influenced by the environment they grow into but as they grow up there are other influences good or bad and also experiences that teach them some lessons of life...

What we are seeing right now in the show is the growth in the character of Surya as well as Jhanvi. Human beings are all contradictory at times basically, because our circumstances make us decide on the actions to take and there are times we make good judgement and in certain moments of weakness we falter.

Also the emotions come into play in using sound judgement... this was proven when Surya allowed injustice happen to Jhanvi at the wedding...
Again emotions came into play when Surya was overcome with a type of fear which we saw as a sense of protectiveness or a sense of duty as a husband...

These are all human tendencies... Also it is a soap and one can give artistic licence to these stories as it is only meant to entertain. The writers have to carry every character to the next level in order for the story to move ahead I guess...
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@sayali i agree wid u abt surya & i really think hes hypocrite. and i never liked him 4 this. and quesns u & sum oder raised r genuine & needs 2 ans. i'd stopped watching this crap regualrly after the leap wid sum tracks like cuming back of raajbeer & then i totally lost the lead of this show wen it shifted 2 afternoon slot but i watched all epis on youtube.
and i really started watching it on youtube bcoz of Kapil. but i m not his fan but do like him.
but i was/is also disturbed by the behaviour of surya 2wards women. i can even understand his thinking of "naari narak ka dwar hoti hai" bcoz such ppl who r brahmchari always think one-way & they r conditioned like this but i never heard such brahmchari who insults women like the way surya did & even got ready 2 kill the baby gal!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
and even his behaviour 2wards jhanvi is inhumane. though i agree wid sum1 who wrote abt revenge. i agree revenge makes ppl blind but how cud he let jhanvi 2 b divided btn his bros or didn't he know that wen jhanvi will b sent 2 his bros they spare her & not try 2 force themselves on her??ConfusedConfused
and i agree wid the ppl that yes surya has a bit of respect 4 women though his "andhbhakti" of his father & conditioning did make him do such stuff like asking ppl 2 bow in front of them etc. but why didn't say sumthing 2 his father wen he saw him mistreated his mom!!!or why did he get ready 2kill that baby gal??
and how cud hes so immune abt having keep by his father & insulting shivlali every time!!ConfusedConfusedConfused
and abt raghav he did fake his luv 4 sia as he thot she hurted his mother by making false claims abt his mother but one thing is that he never approved of baby gal killing & never supported his oder bros insult 2wards their wives. and he never came 2know abt his mother's baby gal killing bcoz he was outside 4 his educn 4 whole of his youth & childhood(though i always find it bit strange but CVs never show abt it) though i never approved of the way of insult & humilation of sia's father & her humilation at his house. though later on he was shown realizing his mistakes & even sin of faking luv 4 sia but he has 2 repent & make up 4 a big time. even at that time i always felt they did't show raghav getting proper punishment at the hands of sia but he made up 4 that & had 2 pay v.dearly also(like getting his mother's disapproval of his ways & supporting sia)!!
and though i wud like 2 see surya repenting big time 4 the fraud he did wid jhanvi by letting her get married 2 all 3 of his bros & she was being drugged & forcefully got married 2 oders in front of him!!ConfusedConfused
this ckt is really hypocrite but may b a bit of gudness is there also!! i think CVs r trying 2 make him modern day Parshuram who beheaded his mother on his father's insistence 4 disobeying his father but then he asked his father 2 get his mother alive again!!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by tiny15 - 12 years ago
darshana23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I feel we are still going too far... Today Surya just has argued on fact that even Jhanvi is wife of Param that doesn't give him any rights to disrespect her in this way...He was least bothered about Jhanvi in house till the time, she put certain facts about him...

He has not accepted even yet that she is his wife alone and other brothers dont have any rights on her... He has still not gone and argued with Rana on point that girl killing shouldn't happen or he shouldn't trouble Ammaji... That point is yet to come...

He has still not reached to point, where he will agree that forced marriage happened with Jhanvi is wrong and he is also equally responsible for whatever insult she has gone through... And if he really wants to repent he has to support Jhanvi big time from getting humiliated again and again from this fiasco of 3 marriages... His better punishment would be he deciding to get Jhanvi free from all 3 marriages and make her return back to Ammaji...

He is still in denial mode to some extent about soft corner he is developing for Jhanvi... Whatever his words about wife should get respect in house was outcome of how Rana was behaving with his wife and how Param behaved as well... Prior Jhanvi making him realize, he was only son in family who acknowledge that how his mother getting humiliated and saved her too...

Edited by darshana23 - 12 years ago
survi035 thumbnail
Darshana the points you have made are going a bit tooo far!

All we were trying to say was EVEN what he did soo far is ALOT for Surya. I mean defending the girl he hates and taking her hand and bringing her back home was overwhelming for me.

The actions you have pointed out will take a few months. Hes getting there slowly...
survi035 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tiny15

@sayali i agree wid u abt surya & i really think hes hypocrite. and i never liked him 4 this. and quesns u & sum oder raised r genuine & needs 2 ans. i'd stopped watching this crap regualrly after the leap wid sum tracks like cuming back of raajbeer & then i totally lost the lead of this show wen it shifted 2 afternoon slot but i watched all epis on youtube.

and i really started watching it on youtube bcoz of Kapil. but i m not his fan but do like him.
but i was/is also disturbed by the behaviour of surya 2wards women. i can even understand his thinking of "naari narak ka dwar hoti hai" bcoz such ppl who r brahmchari always think one-way & they r conditioned like this but i never heard such brahmchari who insults women like the way surya did & even got ready 2 kill the baby gal!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
and even his behaviour 2wards jhanvi is inhumane. though i agree wid sum1 who wrote abt revenge. i agree revenge makes ppl blind but how cud he let jhanvi 2 b divided btn his bros or didn't he know that wen jhanvi will b sent 2 his bros they spare her & not try 2 force themselves on her??πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
and i agree wid the ppl that yes surya has a bit of respect 4 women though his "andhbhakti" of his father & conditioning did make him do such stuff like asking ppl 2 bow in front of them etc. but why didn't say sumthing 2 his father wen he saw him mistreated his mom!!!or why did he get ready 2kill that baby gal??
and how cud hes so immune abt having keep by his father & insulting shivlali every time!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
and abt raghav he did fake his luv 4 sia as he thot she hurted his mother by making false claims abt his mother but one thing is that he never approved of baby gal killing & never supported his oder bros insult 2wards their wives. and he never came 2know abt his mother's baby gal killing bcoz he was outside 4 his educn 4 whole of his youth & childhood(though i always find it bit strange but CVs never show abt it) though i never approved of the way of insult & humilation of sia's father & her humilation at his house. though later on he was shown realizing his mistakes & even sin of faking luv 4 sia but he has 2 repent & make up 4 a big time. even at that time i always felt they did't show raghav getting proper punishment at the hands of sia but he made up 4 that & had 2 pay v.dearly also(like getting his mother's disapproval of his ways & supporting sia)!!
and though i wud like 2 see surya repenting big time 4 the fraud he did wid jhanvi by letting her get married 2 all 3 of his bros & she was being drugged & forcefully got married 2 oders in front of him!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
this ckt is really hypocrite but may b a bit of gudness is there also!! i think CVs r trying 2 make him modern day Parshuram who beheaded his mother on his father's insistence 4 disobeying his father but then he asked his father 2 get his mother alive again!!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

At bold. I LOVED RAGHAV. His acting skills and character development was a highlight of the show. BUT when u compare Raghav to Surya and say that there were certain things that Raghav did not approve but Surya seems to be fine with it. I will like to point out that Surya WOULD never have approved his house maid or anyone who is a women to be taken to a man who wants to rape her. AS he said, he will kill a guy if he so much thinks of doing such things to a women. ALTHOUGH RAGHAV WAS VERY UNHAPPY AND ANNOYED WITH AMMAJI WHEN JHOMAR WAS SENT TO VOHRA, HE DID NOT EXACTLY STOP JHOMAR FROM GOING. RAGHAV KNEW VERY WELL WHERE AMMAJI WAS SENDING JHOMAR AND WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, YET EVEN THOUGH HE FELT BAD HE DIDNT EXACTLY STOP IT. He only went and saved Jhomar from Vohra when Ammaji also wanted to save her (Sheila told Ammaji that Jhomar is her daughter and a part of the family not a servant). He therefore, did not go against Ammaji at that point, where as Surya would have...

Furthermore, when his chachi was being hit by DHarmaveer infront of the whole village, to a point where her clothes were ripped from many areas. Raghav was very very upset and not in support of what was happening YET did not do anything, he walked off angry!

I do not think, Surya will have approved of his chachi or mother to be humiliated like this...

So that is why, im saying that SOme characters like Raghav and Surya develop as the show proceeds. Jhanvi has seen potential in Surya and wants to bring the goodness out in him. Her thinking is that IF AMMAJI CAN CHANGE, WHY NOT SURYA (hes not even half as bad as her).
Edited by survi035 - 12 years ago
aska123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Surya is not hypocrite. He was a blind follower of his father. But now he is changing slowly.
Also at the time of baby killing , initially he said Ammaji , but when Ammaji make a fun of him , he disrespect her. Ya to support baby killing is not good at all. But as I said he was a blind follower of his father. Also he does not like women But every men has a soft corner towards his mother , may be a man is very bad but even then he loves his mother.

😊 In case of jhanvi , he hate her a lot , he marry to him because he wanted to break her "GHAMAND" . For him it was not a marriage. SO he allowed her to get married to her brothers.
His father always forced him to do marry. he was never willing to marry.

Initially he send her to his brothers
reason:
1. He does not consider jhanvi his wife.
2. He wanted to humiliate her.
3. He has not interest in jhanvi or in any women.

He is a good person , he is not an evil - Because neither he drink nor he looks towards women for wrong desires.

In case of a keep , may be he was young at that time , and could not oppose his father act.
But also he did not like his father's keep.

Jhanvi has changed his mind up to some extent.
He want jhanvi and param pair, but donot want a rape situation.

After ointment incident he start liking Jhanvi. Its natural.
A person who had never touch a women , can feel it.
Jhanvi is his wife. Even if he is BRAHMCHARI , he can't change this fact.

Also He is only husband.
Because he was first to do marry , other two marriages can be considered only when first has a divorce.
Because law does not allow polygamy. If surya give jhanvi divorce , only then kuldeep wedding will be considered otherwise not. same with param marriage.