Surya---the epitome of hypocrisy?

496295 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I could not resist laughing out loud today when Surya was giving his dad the Big Word about "not treating the woman like a clay doll" and stuff...I mean HELLO? YOU'RE---you and your ilk are the ones that dragged her into this mess.

And what were you thinking when you smilingly, smirking-y allowed her to get hitched her to your brothers when she was struggling and screaming for help?!! Where was all your machismo then? And what exactly did you mean when you smugly told her she could, hold your breath--------"Sleep with my brothers and have their babies"?? Did you think she'd happily consent to be a wifey to all three of you then? Ain?😆

Anybody impressed by his 'macho action' and Sunny Paa-ji style lectures today? I know i was NOT.🥱

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

survi035 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
LOL actually his past words DID in fact replay in my mind aswell. Esp the Brothers + babies one. What he was saying and doing today was alil inconsistent with what he has done, watched and said in the past.

HOWEVER...
He is human and i think this sort of thing happens. Inconsistency in how people behave and what they say, does occur.

Surya was VERY VERY angry at Jhanvi when he watched her suffer on the wedding night. He was soo angry that even his own values were shut down. But with time, he realised that what has happened was not right (even though he has never said this...we can all see it when Surya gets uncomfortable with Jhanvi's presence as her presence reminds him off the past).

BUT now that he has calmed down he can see what a disaster the whole three weddings has caused. Now hes standing up for Jhanvi (for her rights) because he is no longer blinded with Anger!

And somewhere deep in him, he feels that as Jhanvi's husband it was his duty to protect Jhanvi. He may not say this to his father but that definitely is one of the reasons for him to jump at Param.
Edited by survi035 - 12 years ago
496295 thumbnail
Okay, so as per you, Surya did NOT object to Jhanvi's triple-marrigae because he was angry with her. But what if, instead of getting married, Jhanvi would've been raped? Would he still allow that just 'coz he was ANGRY then?? Really, anger is no excuse to let atrocities happen before you.

Another thing I wonder about is---why did he not object when he heard his father spell out the "Five days per brother" plan?(this was after his anger had long calmed down). Strange, he's fine with sending Jhanvi to his brothers, yet goes shaking with chivalrous rage when they actually try to DO it. So does he assume Jhanvi would agree to the union every time he lets Jhanvi go for a suhaag raat with Param? Twice.
Edited by sayali_babes - 12 years ago
survi035 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well, from what i see..

I guess he did think that Jhanvi would give in..
Prior to todays epi, he had this fact in his mind: "i do not want any relation with Jhanvi and will let Jhanvi have affairs with my bros". I guess he did not expect Jhanvi to be soo much against it. This is the only explanation.

But than I do remember Jhanvi telling him how shes managed to save her self but doesnt know how long she can keep it up. Surya did not actually do anything that time either to save Jhanvi. So yes u do have a point.

But in defense to this last point. Surya never thought (according to todays epi) Param would force himself on to Jhanvi.
darshana23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
There is great difference between an tragedy happening with ur enemy and tragedy happening to ur loved ones... Its human tendency that whenever something bad happens to person we hate most, natural feelings will come "It happened for good" or one would be less bothered about that... not even you feel sympethizing about whatever happened...

But when that same incident happens to person you love or at least you don't hate sympathy goes over there... Even if we leave Jhanvi's case, Rana humilated Ammaji and his own wife too... but which case left Surya getting angry on his father??? Disrespect of his mother, right!! Why he would be bothered about Ammaji; as per him she is nothing but biggest enemy...

Same is going for Jhanvi's case... He didnt feel anything bad about her or bad things happening to her... Till the time she made him realize continuously that she is his wife and what are moral duty of husband...

And abt his lecture for respecting woman, those words are not for Jhanvi alone...

496295 thumbnail
^^ In that case, what happened today doesn't do anything to uplift him, does it?
rani-lucki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i think he is slightly changing towards jhanvi :-)
i think he has always respected women to an extend but he has seen them lower to men
Sweet_Krishna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sayali_babes

^^ In that case, what happened today doesn't do anything to uplift him, does it?

I totally agree with you Sayali.. Actually whatever is happening in this serial is totally ridiculous and unrealistic..
Surya is a big time male chauvinist.Right from the beginning.. women should not speak louder or should not speak at all, should follow their husbands, they are objects which represent a clan's izzat and maryada...should be confined to the four walls silently accepting everything..like the way his mother and grandma did."naari narak ka dwaar hai"😡 these were the golden words of Surya. What the hell? I think CVs lost it completely by suddenly showing him considerate towards his mother and Jahaanvi they are in rush to start their love story..😆 His brahmacharya went for a toss so easily and quickly😆😆. AND THOSE WHO ARE REAL HANUMAN BHAKTS AND FOLLOW BRAHMACHARYA LIKE HIM CONSIDER EACH WOMAN AS THEIR MOTHER,THE WAY LORD HANUMAN DOES..THEY DONOT SAY "NAARI NARAK KA DWAAR HAI"BULLSHIT!!!!
Jahaanvi too is a hypocrite.. How can she forget what that Surya did and forgive easily? If her marriage to param and kuldeep is a sham then her marriage with Surya too is a farce and sham.
She had consented and made up her mind to marry Kuldeep.She herself did not accept her marriage with Surya.Now suddenly she has a change of heart for him who said all those nasty words to her on her first day after marriage..She now accepts him only as her husband and the other two are not her husbands 😆😆 How idiotic.. If you consider mantras and pheras then all three are your husbands BUT if you got to know you were tricked then none of them is your husband..But she has been shown as an ideal woman out to clean that rana gutter🤢 . If she were a real woman and would have some self respect she should have rejected all the three and left with Ammaji when the latter got the police. But she herself chose to remain there so she should have fulfilled her duties towards Param.Is she baised towards Surya😡 ?
She is out to sudhaarofy people there then why not Param stands a chance..😲
If you want to clean the gutter then be prepared to get dirty..
I am not against any kind of love story..I find all the three sons of Rana equally evil..And all are victims of male chauvinism.. Then why single out Surya? This love is baseless.. And if Jahaanvi means revenge then she should exact revenge from whole rana family and come out of it without any attachment with anyone.. At the end of this NIADL story we could have digested a repentent Surya and forgiving Jahaanvi. But she would need to dissolve her last three marriages and marry Surya again.What is being shown now is not moral from her POV too..
I had been watching this serial right from the beginning and I am frustated with utter nonsense shown now so I have written this large mail to vent out my frustation and disappointment😭
These are my views and I mean no offense to any one😊
Hesperus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Well, everyone's own opinion 😆 I wouldn't agree w/ that, because - yeah, it's true that Surya did all this out of seeking revenge from Jhanvi, therefore he let her being married to her brothers. And please, I know revenge or anger doesn't excuse this sin - that's our point of view, but Surya things different than we do. And besides, at that stage of life, Jhanvi herself didn't accept the marriage in the first place (when the ghar-pravesh was being done) and neither did Surya. After marriage, Jhanvi irritated him by stating he's her only husband etc...and it looks like he's believing it, too, now.

Him stating that women have no value - well, just look at his family which is pretty much messed up. Children just learn what their parents teach them, in this case it was his father (I doubt Shivlali could've done much) and if your father has this women-have-no-rights attitude and you're living in a village where no women is respected properly, how do you guys expect the children to come out?

To the one question "why Surya" - I think that's pretty much obvious, at least it is to me. Compared to other men in VP, Surya still has a little glint of differenciating b/w right and wrong - just a bit, but still he has. Maybe, he doesn't believe in women and their strength/rights, but to some point he does respect them a bit. Seeing this, he really is a confusing character, because at one stage he says "women are the way to hell" and the other he states "your mom gave you birth, if you can't stand up for her..."

As I'm seeing the whole scenario, Surya has never been really bad but gray shaded and highly influenced by his father, whom he loves a lot. But now, Jhanvi's changing him, she's opening his eyes so that he's able to make clear differences b/w right and wrong.

And I can totally understand that Jhanvi's forgiving him, because no matter if he dragged her into this situation (what he didn't do directly, but Rana) now he saved her from being raped - he saved her purity, which is the most important thing to a woman or should be. She's totally shaken and frightened, therefore it's just natural and totally understandable that she sees Surya as her saviour - what he indeed is. Dunno, where's the problem in forgiving?

Because, and this I said in the Ammaji thread (you opened, I think), that if a person's willing to change or/and does change - the person has every right to. If Surya changes (unkowingly for himself or willingly) and stands up for Jhanvi, proving that he's really changed and that he'll support her as his wife - I don't see why he can't be forgiven or accepted? I know, he isn't changed totally, but saving Jhanvi and slapping his own brother for her - this was a huge step towards change. And I really liked the lecture he gave his father, because it emphasized his doings.

So, I'm enjoying his developement 😉
rahuldravidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Well one thing cannot be denied and ie Surya always had a soft corner for his mother... this has been seen even before he got married to Janvi... i agree that he was shown to be hating women... and didn't flinch once when he saw Janvi being forced to marry his brothers... but there are times we are blinded by wrong things and Surya happens to be a victim of such things... from birth he has lived at a place where women are never respected and treated as a doormat... also one thing cannot be forgotten and ie Rana is following those wrong doings which were once imposed by Ammaji... although Janvi is a nice girl... agreed Ammaji has changed now but Janvi also like Surya hails from a family where women were never respected and were tortured... likewise both Surya-Janvi are sailing on the same boat...

But only difference here is Janvi since she was brought up by Amba... her upbringing was better... and for Surya the case was different... his upbringing again went for a toss... now Janvi after getting to know all the wrong doings of Ammaji... which were more worse... she sees in Surya some hidden goodness ... which when comes to a big force ... he can be the biggest weapon Janvi can use against Rana... also Janvi has been put into a place where there are womanisers around... but she's surprised to see among them is a guy who is scared to have an attachment in women... and remains aloof... Surya never looked at Janvi with dirty eyes... this is what made Janvi fall for Surya... she has already known and seen so much evil be it by Rana or Ammaji... she sees Surya is a better human being... and she accepts the fact that being her husband... she needs to reform him... she needs to change his way of thinking...

When it comes to Surya... he's a brahmachari because of his aged beliefs that women are the reason for the downfall in a man's life... but when Surya-Janvi stay under a roof... here's when Surya begins to realise that women are not actually evil as he thinks... and Janvi's lecture on women did affect him positively... and her request of protecting her saw the light today as he got the feeling of protecting her honour as he's her husband... and this is something he told his father too once that when a wife is insulted... husband feels the insult more... agreed he didn't bother when Janvi was forcibly married off... but that time his hatred took the place of his morals... also the fact that he didn't consider Janvi as his wife took the better off him... slowly he has realised that what happened with Janvi was wrong... and that's basically the reason why he avoided crossing paths with her because it always reminded him of the way he tortured her...
Edited by sujji0609 - 12 years ago