Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Before getting morally outraged, I suggest you go and pick up the newspapers and read the reports coming from states like Haryana, Rajasthan and UP. The male-female sex-ratio is skewed and the high incidence of female infanticide so rampant that such practices are quite common. In fact they don't even bother to got through he farce of marriage there. A girl is either and kidnapped or bought and then kept for the use of family. You might also want to watch a movie called "Matrubhumi" starring Tulip Joshi.

That is a noble sentiment there, but why the outrage when these issues are brought to your drawing room? These are facts of life. Such practices are common in the society and the serial makers are only highlighting them in an extremely fictionalized way. You feel outraged, go join an NGO and do something for the society so that such practices can be stopped. Why harass a producer who is only trying to make people aware of what is happening in society.

By gagging the truth-speakers we harm the society, we do not protect it. Get a grip.
bhavika0611 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gangubai1

Before getting morally outraged, I suggest you go and pick up the newspapers and read the reports coming from states like Haryana, Rajasthan and UP. The male-female sex-ratio is skewed and the high incidence of female infanticide so rampant that such practices are quite common. In fact they don't even bother to got through he farce of marriage there. A girl is either and kidnapped or bought and then kept for the use of family. You might also want to watch a movie called "Matrubhumi" starring Tulip Joshi.

That is a noble sentiment there, but why the outrage when these issues are brought to your drawing room? These are facts of life. Such practices are common in the society and the serial makers are only highlighting them in an extremely fictionalized way. You feel outraged, go join an NGO and do something for the society so that such practices can be stopped. Why harass a producer who is only trying to make people aware of what is happening in society.

By gagging the truth-speakers we harm the society, we do not protect it. Get a grip.

Agreed to each and every word of yours.
Then why not to show exactly what happened with a woman after such trauma( I can not term these drama as marriage,). Why the producer has shown one brother gay, one brother not interested in her and one brother is so dumb that he'll wait for his chance.Why not they show what happens in reality, how they use her and illtreat her, and then show her journey for survival, her freedom from this hell.
I bet , they can't , because this truth is so harsh and painful, vulgar and disgusting to show. All trps will lost as in india, in entertainment industry, you compulsory need to show a heroine as pur as ganga otherwise she is not acceptable.
So why not adopt a easy way, to show half reality and half filmy way, what they are doing in this show, all female infantiside issue was real and now turn into a drama, where she will have her revenge in filmy way, with the help of that person who actually humiliate her in worst way and why he'll do that because he'll fall in love with her and feels that what ever she is saying is right.
I do not mind these drama as i believe that we all those visit these forum is mature enough to understand what is going on is all for trps sake but there are thousand women , men who are not educated well enough and children who are not able to understand or derived the correct meaning out of it.Half truth is always dangerous and harmful.
All the reports of social studies that mentioned in newspapers loudly shouts that these actually is having adverese effect on audience.I do not feel that voice of truth will be gaged if we send a message to producer and channel that this is what we think.
This is my personal opinion, I'm not intend to hurt you , but if i did , I'm sorry.
@topicmaker, i guess you do not need any body's support if you feel that what you think is right.You can do this without opening a thread. You can lodge a complaint at www. ibfindia . com I did that.
Edited by -Fragrance-- - 12 years ago
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
@Fragrance I am unable ti understand the point you are trying to make here. Do you want to see the actual trauma of the woman who has to live such a life in the serial or are you protesting that why did the producers show the triple marriage?
496295 thumbnail
Well, I think "Fragrance" has a point. If it was the honest intention of the makers of the serial to drive home an issue so pointedly, then they should've shown this with a no-hold-barred approach, without giving the heroine a chance to "live unscathed" through all this ordeal.

But I disagree that showing such a thing would lead the TRPs to plummet. The audience of this age is more mature than at least five years back.
JFFPaisley thumbnail
Reality is shown in "Documentaries" and dramtasitation inevitably leads to the soft approach to make it palatable.

which is why documentaries are shown on different channels which have different viewership from daily soaps...surely we cannot expect the whole and absolute truth to be shown in plays...it is fiction based on fact...
bhavika0611 thumbnail

Originally posted by: gangubai1

@Fragrance I am unable ti understand the point you are trying to make here. Do you want to see the actual trauma of the woman who has to live such a life in the serial or are you protesting that why did the producers show the triple marriage?

, I was echoing your sentiments only, i just stretched it bit more.I want to see actual trauma, Am I?.That depends on the mood, but as mentioned in above post, documentaries are far better as it is made by the right people and right cause.
I'm protesting the tripple marrige( do you still consider this as marrige?),hmmm,I guess word protest is harsh but i'm trying to send a message. I know no body cares for my views and opinion but i need to express myself. This is a open forum and every one is free to have their opinion.
When you are saying male-female ratio is skewing, that leads into another big problem.The problem is selling and purchasing of a girl for marriage purposes.This bad practise is quickly spreading its wings.Girls are kidnapped and sold like a piece of furniture in the market. like dowry issue , this practise is growing in our society.
I find whole marriage drama is illlogical, simply copied from "matrubhoomi" But this is against the law and punishable crime. instead if they have shown a girl in love with someone else is being purchased by rana, for his son for marriage purpose and jhanvi is helping her, then i would find it more appealing.
Matrubhoomi was 2 hours movie, hence they needed high voltage drama, to create impact and highlight the issue. And was having 'A' certificate. This is a daily show, viewing by all age audience,the producer of the show has actually used this to tickle the viewers sentiments by creating drama, instead of adressing actual issue. So yes i do object the intention of the producer.
I hope i made my self clear to you.
survi035 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yes you are right, every one has a right to a voice and indian forums is
a place where ur views are respected. But you asked everyone what they thought and looking at the poll, i think its clear that people like the show the way it is going.

Its a sad world out there, i do see your point but this show is trying to just give us a broad feel of what is going on while at the same time trying to keep its viewers entertained so it meets the necessary TRps. Which i think is fair enough.

I love the whole triple marriage as i don't see it as too much trouble for Jhanvi. She seems to be only married to one anyway. Its entertaining! and in future she will make changes.. :)

Doco's are probably more detailed and thats what you should get a hold of, if you want detail. There are also alot of online sources.
Edited by survi035 - 12 years ago
496295 thumbnail
@ Frangarnce: But then, no show would have any such thing as a rape, extra-marital affair or anything like that. Even, *ahem*, the Suhaagraath scenes that teenage females drool over, would be censored and nobody would touch or get intimate in romantic stories. Because all that would require an "A" certificate then. Just imagine! 🤣
bhavika0611 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sayali_babes

@ Frangarnce: But then, no show would have any such thing as a rape, extra-marital affair or anything like that. Even, *ahem*, the Suhaagraath scenes that teenage females drool over, would be censored and nobody would touch or get intimate in romantic stories. Because all that would require an "A" certificate then. Just imagine! 🤣

Really do you think so? 😲😆, Then we have to see all those flowers or birds kissing.ROFL and all broken glasses and rampage... *coughing*.😆
Edited by -Fragrance-- - 12 years ago
bhavika0611 thumbnail

Originally posted by: survi035

Yes you are right, every one has a right to a voice and indian forums is
a place where ur views are respected. But you asked everyone what they thought and looking at the poll, i think its clear that people like the show the way it is going.

Its a sad world out there, i do see your point but this show is trying to just give us a broad feel of what is going on while at the same time trying to keep its viewers entertained so it meets the necessary TRps. Which i think is fair enough.

I love the whole triple marriage as i don't see it as too much trouble for Jhanvi. She seems to be only married to one anyway. Its entertaining! and in future she will make changes.. :)

Doco's are probably more detailed and thats what you should get a hold of, if you want detail. There are also alot of online sources.

Sweet heart, i didn't asked anyone what they think?😕 i haven't open this thread, infact i believe that these wasn't needed and i told same thing to the topicmaker.😳 But when i saw this thread, i couldn't help myself.😛