Poll

How many of you can support me?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
chandu28 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello All,

Things have gone so far. I am going to file a case against the makers of this sick serial. What the bloody hell are they thinking. First it was social evil, then female infanticide and now some kind of a draupadi story. It cannot get more uglier than this.

I am going to file a petition to ban this serial. How many of you want to support me on this???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darshana23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Its nice thought... But believe me, there is much much more delivered on television world, where you will filing complain against each producer...

But if u watch episode carefully, they smartly put disclaimer on every scene which could cause trouble for them. There is always tag line saying "Those scenes are just for entertainment purpose and channel/PH doesnt promote such things"...

what else can be said??
survi035 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Im sorry to hear that your this disturbed by such practice and it is quite harsh.
Im actually a fan of the track as its very interesting, however despite my own thought, i wish you all the best and i hope you can see beyond the facts shown on the show and actually be able to understand what they are trying to get across to us.

Hang in there for a few more weeks, it will get better. Ps Its not that bad, shes not going to be sexually tortured because only one out of the three sons are interested in her. So its not actually that disgusting and plus their are better things coming up, like Jhanvi's come back and social change in the village :)
Edited by survi035 - 12 years ago
Snehabr thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I said No for the question, not because I support the draupadi track or something... The producers are not promoting that one should be married thrice and I don't think they are saying these things are right!! Its best that we watch this as entertainment! As someone has mentioned they clearly put a disclaimer that these things are fictional...
Not to compare other shows or other countries... there are shows which talks about vampires and other supernatural stuff (aahat) doesn't mean that vampires and other things exist and we should start following and go look for it!! Its just entertainment.
P.S: I love vampires and secretly want to find them (jokes apart) 😉
survi035 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Snehabr

I said No for the question, not because I support the draupadi track or something... The producers are not promoting that one should be married thrice and I don't think they are saying these things are right!! Its best that we watch this as entertainment! As someone has mentioned they clearly put a disclaimer that these things are fictional...

Not to compare other shows or other countries... there are shows which talks about vampires and other supernatural stuff (aahat) doesn't mean that vampires and other things exist and we should start following and go look for it!! Its just entertainment.
P.S: I love vampires and secretly want to find them (jokes apart) 😉

AHAH i just couldnt help but comment on this particular post.
WHY? because i think it answered the question or poll, the best. And also because of the last line.
Im glad im not the only vampire seeker. I remember just today, while watching breaking dawn, i said to my friend "why arent their vampires and werewolves in real life"!! why o why do they have to show us things which simply do not exist LOL!!! so sad!
496295 thumbnail
Get a life.

In case you didn't notice, the makers of the show are PROTESTING against the practices displayed, not PROMOTING them.

Go back and simply flip channels.
mjht_one thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
no way yaar
what they r showing happens in real life...nd anyway its just a show if u dn't like this track then dn't watch it
JFFPaisley thumbnail
I have also cast my vote as "No" and as the other voters i feel an explanation is due.

Firstly, watching the serial is not mandatory...if the serial is offensive the channel can be changed.

Secondly, "female infanticide" is sick only because it is a reality...this serial DOES NOT promote it in fact it is against it...it also very clearly says so in the verbal disclaimer when it starts "hum auroton ke khilaf hone wale ahtyahchar...".

As regards the current track...that is also not an advertisement for "Support Revival of Days of Mahabharat Marital Practices" and the viewers are expected to comprehend the track as such, despite its revolting nature (although i do often find it interesting how we accept Yuddhishtra, Arjun, Bhim, Nakula and Sahadev as joint husbands for Draupadi, yet find it morally objectionable for a woman to have 3 husbands on a daily soaps).

In support of the concept, i would like to refer to a similar situation with regard to Pakistani plays. There is a practice among a certain ethnic group in Pakistan (often denied and refuted) of getting girls married to boys that are virtually little kids...or to get them married to the Quran...This is a highly ostracized and unacceptable practice...but it happens in the rural areas...and it just doesn't happen for entertainment or on a whim...it happens for the purpose of retaining the property within the family...if the girl doesn't get married the property doesn't leave the family...so they make sure that the girl either gets married to a very young boy or to the holy book so that the girl continues to stay in the family home her entire life and voila the property stays in the family.

There have been several Pakistani plays that have shown this and brought this to light. Not to promote this practice but to illustrate, how wrong and ridiculously neolithic this practice is.

Whether people realize it or not but for the masses, not for people like you and me, who have access to forums, but for those millions, who have access to only that one TV in their village, plays hold serious sway. And plays with a message do make a difference.

Sorry for the long message.

Bhaashan over.

Apologies if anyone has been offended.

Ps. With regard to the practice mentioned in this post, "ridiculously neolithic practices" exist in every culture and no offense is meant and none should be taken. Additionally, no culture or country should be judged on the basis of the practices that exist, otherwise Lado itself would be a charge sheet on cultural crimes :)
Juna04 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Everyone here has expressed most of the reasons for my voting no to the above poll so dont need to repeat them again.

JFFPaisley thank you for the Bhashan as you have made us aware of another type of evil practice that exists in the world around us.

I feel that shows like LAADO that present the social evils in the most realistic manner but also do it with the intention of giving solutions to the problems is needed in the world today.

Now how Jhanvi is going to bring the change may not be realistic in todays world as the writers use creative licence to make it entertaining for the viewers as well...
But it will definitely inspire some viewers of the show to do something about it.
Edited by Juna04 - 12 years ago
survi035 thumbnail

Originally posted by: JFFPaisley

I have also cast my vote as "No" and as the other voters i feel an explanation is due.

Firstly, watching the serial is not mandatory...if the serial is offensive the channel can be changed.

Secondly, "female infanticide" is sick only because it is a reality...this serial DOES NOT promote it in fact it is against it...it also very clearly says so in the verbal disclaimer when it starts "hum auroton ke khilaf hone wale ahtyahchar...".

As regards the current track...that is also not an advertisement for "Support Revival of Days of Mahabharat Marital Practices" and the viewers are expected to comprehend the track as such, despite its revolting nature (although i do often find it interesting how we accept Yuddhishtra, Arjun, Bhim, Nakula and Sahadev as joint husbands for Draupadi, yet find it morally objectionable for a woman to have 3 husbands on a daily soaps).

In support of the concept, i would like to refer to a similar situation with regard to Pakistani plays. There is a practice among a certain ethnic group in Pakistan (often denied and refuted) of getting girls married to boys that are virtually little kids...or to get them married to the Quran...This is a highly ostracized and unacceptable practice...but it happens in the rural areas...and it just doesn't happen for entertainment or on a whim...it happens for the purpose of retaining the property within the family...if the girl doesn't get married the property doesn't leave the family...so they make sure that the girl either gets married to a very young boy or to the holy book so that the girl continues to stay in the family home her entire life and voila the property stays in the family.

There have been several Pakistani plays that have shown this and brought this to light. Not to promote this practice but to illustrate, how wrong and ridiculously neolithic this practice is.

Whether people realize it or not but for the masses, not for people like you and me, who have access to forums, but for those millions, who have access to only that one TV in their village, plays hold serious sway. And plays with a message do make a difference.

Sorry for the long message.

Bhaashan over.

Apologies if anyone has been offended.

Ps. With regard to the practice mentioned in this post, "ridiculously neolithic practices" exist in every culture and no offense is meant and none should be taken. Additionally, no culture or country should be judged on the basis of the practices that exist, otherwise Lado itself would be a charge sheet on cultural crimes :)

PHD answer! perfect, i don't think I could ever have answered the question in such detail and with such success! Thankyou, i think this POST above, should really be put on the forum content. So everyone can have a read!!!!

Excellent! and I agree with practically every sentence!