Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

usmrasul thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
it comes to the ultimate i had in mind and couldnt dare to write for a long time...Ammaji was a grand villain, a super scary, super nasty, super merciless one...for years after year loyal viewers hated her to the core and now she is slowly to be shown as an woman whos fighting for the justice and blah blah...having a change of heart, having to repent...it doesnt go, it doesnt click, its not rationale and specially for previous non-viewers of the show like me, its not fun...speaking for myself, i still feel that .she is still a villain just with lesser power...if power is given to her, she will be and might be quite similar again...perhaps not to girls, but boys this time, who knows...and its way more bearable that way...and if she really changed or at least trying to , she has tp prove way harder then just fighitng her proud game with rana
496295 thumbnail

Originally posted by: darshana23

well for me, if Ammaji surrenders herself without changing condition in Veerpur in her regret is really not of that worth. She should fight for that change. Coz Rana is following her ideology only...

however leaving village before years for personal issues and after returning claiming that its urs only... I dont agree with it...

Is she what you call, "repentant"?
496295 thumbnail

Originally posted by: usmrasul

it comes to the ultimate i had in mind and couldnt dare to write for a long time...Ammaji was a grand villain, a super scary, super nasty, super merciless one...for years after year loyal viewers hated her to the core and now she is slowly to be shown as an woman whos fighting for the justice and blah blah...having a change of heart, having to repent...it doesnt go, it doesnt click, its not rationale and specially for previous non-viewers of the show like me, its not fun...speaking for myself, i still feel that .she is still a villain just with lesser power...if power is given to her, she will be and might be quite similar again...perhaps not to girls, but boys this time, who knows...and its way more bearable that way...and if she really changed or at least trying to , she has tp prove way harder then just fighitng her proud game with rana

Agreed. Nicely put.
Hesperus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I didn't read any of the others comment on this - just yours and wanted to write my opinion 😉

I've been watching this serial from the very beginning and I understand completely, what you want to say w/ your post. And I even agree w/ most of it. Ammaji did a lot of things we don't consider as humanly, anymore. And she gave us enough reasons for this. Let the villagers aside to whom she did injustice - just look into her own family. According to me she did greates sins and injustices to her family.

This no-baby-girl-in-Veerpur tradition she started w/ her own daughter Amba, whom she left in a life of poverty so that Amba became a dacoit. She killed 2 daughters of Chanda and to Santosh she did injustice by mostly not even accepting her as a human being. But Sia got the most to suffer - Starting w/ Raghav's fake love-story and the whole drama afterwards. Yet, Sia was the one who never gave up, she stood always for her believes and for those villagers and their women - but Ammaji won mostly. Why? Because Ammaji had the power and didn't feaer to use it. And there had been so many times when the villagers firstly believed in what Sia did, but then again turned their backs on her and supported Ammaji. There's a line Sia once said to Raghav: "I have nothing against Ammaji, I'm not her enemy. I'm just against her way of thinking."

So, here comes w/ what I don't agree. You said Ammaji is the devil - she's evil. I say, no. In my opinion there's no human really evil, it's just their way of thinking making them do evil things. Same w/ Ammaji. Now, I know that's no excuse for their doings and by God, I'm not justifying Ammaji! I never liked her much and I won't like her much, I guess. But one has also to admit that Ammaji loved her family - she fought against Sia, but when Raghav was kidnapped she consoled her - just an example.

And I don't think we can blame everything on Ammaji. Sure, Ammaji did all this sins, she started those bloodshed traditions. But why didn't ever someone stop her? Taking Avtar - he didn't even try to stop Ammaji, when Ammaji found out about his second daughter and wanted to get her killed. What did he do? Stop Chanda from approaching the baby! Even Raghav, who supported everything his mother did, in the beginning. And the villagers, who are now so strict against Ammaji - how many times did they have to change something in Veerpur? How many times did Sia give them chances to stand up for themselves? And what did they do? Mostly turning her back on Sia and starting their Ammaji-pooja 🤢 Just somewhere before BP entered, the women in this village got some senses and supported Sia by winning the elections against Ammaji.

Now, I agree totally when you say Ammaji did all the sins - she did and she's mainly to be blamed, but she wasn't all alone.

Coming to why the family fgiave her, I think there are several reasons. I think, the main reason why they are so happy w/ Ammaji's change is that Ammaji saved Durga - and that's what made us viewers happy, as well. We or at least I don't see Ammaji as the heroine or a God, I'm just glad that she saved the girl and proved w/ that that she changed - at least it was her first stept to this. Avtar, Santosh and Chanda jsut have a good heart - they have seen Ammaji's bad sides, but also her good sides before. And if RaSia were alive, they would've forgiven Ammaji, too. Because, apart from changing Veerpur, Sia's greatest dream was to change Ammaji and make her realise her mistakes.

You put it out correctly, Ammaji can't undo her sins and injustices. It's just not possible. But if someone wants to prayshit, shouldn't she get a chance? Being angry w/ Ammaji, disown her ideally - this wouldn't bring the dead ones back as well, would it? And in my opinion the greatest punishment Ammaji could get was this realisation (I'm sure after what Jhanvi said, she'll regret everything even more) She'll have to live w/ the burden of her sins and wrong doings, w/ the cries of mothers craving for their daughters in her ears, w/ the memories of Amba and Sia who always said one day you'll regret everything. She won't be able to live in peace.

The only thing she can do, is to stop history from repeating by Rana's hands. She can change Veerpur and its paramparas she herself created, make baby-girls live there - that'll do at least a bit justice to those who didn't got this chance of a life.

Maybe, Ammaji can't be forgiven, her sins can't be undone - but if she's ready to do prayshit from heart - who are we to not give her this chance?
496295 thumbnail
^^ Agreed with MOST of what you've written, however, to point out one thing here:

Raghav and Avtar were unable to go against Ammaji because they were trapped psychologically in her awe and fear, pretty much like the rest of the village...we've to remember that family//community tyrants rule because its the people who LET them rule. It's the invisible, inexplicable conditioning that they are under, because of which they cannot go against the tyrant, howsoever much they might try. 😊

Secondly,YES, Ammaji might deserve a chance at the "Prayaschit" she's aiming for. BUT---but, is she TRULY repentant???? What does her body language before the villagers that other day tell you? She's totally---like, ENTIRELY oblivious of the crimes and ordeals she's inflicted on the villagers...much less feel even a pang of remorse. It was that much-talked about scene in that episode hat totally had me on the boil.
Hesperus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sayali_babes

^^ Agreed with MOST of what you've written, however, to point out one thing here:

Raghav and Avtar were unable to go against Ammaji because they were trapped psychologically in her awe and fear, pretty much like the rest of the village...we've to remember that family//community tyrants rule because its the people who LET them rule. It's the invisible, inexplicable conditioning that they are under, because of which they cannot go against the tyrant, howsoever much they might try. 😊

Secondly,YES, Ammaji might deserve a chance at the "Prayaschit" she's aiming for. BUT---but, is she TRULY repentant???? What does her body language before the villagers that other day tell you? She's totally---like, ENTIRELY oblivious of the crimes and ordeals she's inflicted on the villagers...much less feel even a pang of remorse. It was that much-talked about scene in that episode hat totally had me on the boil.

Okay 😆

Well, on that I think they could've at least tried to do something against her 😉 But I agree when you say that they were kind of "blinded" to that time. Though, that doesn't count for the village - for me not. I mean Sia tried to open their eyes so many times, to give them a chance to change. As an example, when RaSia left the house (it was before BP, Shaurya's dad, entered, due the time of elections) no one, really not a single villager was ready to let them live under their roof

Sorry, I didn't watch the epi w/ the villagers due to lack of time (stupid exams), just read the WU therefore I didn't know how exactly Ammaji reacted 😳 But I'm pretty sure she's repentant towards her family - when she apologised to Chanda, saying: "By apologising to you I can't give you back your daughters, but just seek your forgiveness." for me, this was the sign that she was repentant to her family.
And after yesterday's epi she'll surely think about what Jhanvi said and will once again overthink her past actions and attitude. Maybe after that she'll be repentan to the villagers, as well.

By the way, someone above stated that she might turn to her old self when she get power again, just maybe hate boys this time. Sorry, but that I doubt highly 😉 I've seen a lot faces of Ammaji but never one like that. This time she's truly changed or at least at the edge of change and will really do a prayshit. I'm not saying everyone should forgive her, but they should give her a chance for her prayshit 😊

Though, I like your thread and I can totally understand your thoughts and doubts 😊
mjht_one thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
guyz i knw what ammaji did was bad but she actually has been by fav character ever since i guess its cause of her dialogues
and i know she has done alot of bad things but i personally feel that rana has done worse m srry but in ammaj's veerpur she never sold brides, nd she defenately did not get someone married to 3 people...

nd i m not sure if you guyz know but in haryana this use to happen in real life ...like in old times and maybe even now who knows but when ever a baby girl was born she was drowned in boliing milk...so sad...:(
496295 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mjht_one

guyz i knw what ammaji did was bad but she actually has been by fav character ever since i guess its cause of her dialogues
and i know she has done alot of bad things but i personally feel that rana has done worse m srry but in ammaj's veerpur she never sold brides, nd she defenately did not get someone married to 3 people...

nd i m not sure if you guyz know but in haryana this use to happen in real life ...like in old times and maybe even now who knows but when ever a baby girl was born she was drowned in boliing milk...so sad...:(

I respect your opinion on Ammaji, but do you think what she did was "Bad" and not "Evil"?😲🥱

I know what happens in states like Punjab and Haryana, and there they even kill people for same-caste love. And in any case, the sins done by Ammaji are not just against women----she also had killed scores of people for other purposes, and even illegally snatched land from many folks...Ammaji might have done some good deeds, but they really pale in comparison to her sins.🥱

mjht_one thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sayali_babes

I respect your opinion on Ammaji, but do you think what she did was "Bad" and not "Evil"?😲🥱

I know what happens in states like Punjab and Haryana, and there they even kill people for same-caste love. And in any case, the sins done by Ammaji are not just against women----she also had killed scores of people for other purposes, and even illegally snatched land from many folks...Ammaji might have done some good deeds, but they really pale in comparison to her sins.🥱

i guess everyone has different opinions...
for me rana is worse then ammaji
nd now ammaji is trying hard to improve and i think she should be given a chance and also she has suffered a lot as well for her sins
aska123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ammaji has changed because her son become against her.

If it did not happened ,she never changed her attitude.

Jhanvi and Dia are good daughters like her mother