TOI: Indulgence gets me into trouble

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
BODY B A S I C
Indulgence gets me into trouble

... confesses Aman Verma.The actor shares his fitness mantras with BT

MY EXERCISE REGIME

I prefer an hour of body pump or body combat training three to four times a week.It helps me focus on every part of my body whilst exercising.If my schedule keeps me away from the gym,I wear my cap and head out for a very,very tiring brisk walk which takes minimum up to an hour.Alternatively,post my shoots anytime of the day or night,I jog for about half-an-hour to 45 minutes whilst the driver drives through the traffic.

MY DIET

I live off cold coffee,again home-made,about five to six glasses a day.It is my Achilles heel.Basically,I stay away from oil,rice,chocolate and sweets.I eat a normal,mostly homecooked,Indian staple meal of roti,vegetable and daal for lunch and dinner.Other than that for breakfast and evening snack it is toast and eggs.

MY PROBLEM AREAS

Slight indulgence gets me into trouble as my fat starts collecting on the love handles and waist.And that is why I keep up to the brisk walk or jogging schedule to keep it at bay.

MY STRENGTHS

Fortunately throughout my lifetime I have had no injury.Since I have been into sports,I have strong legs.I have played lawn tennis,been a horse rider and quite a swimmer.Obviously this helps as my frame is extremely strong on the lower body.For me persistence and consistency always supersedes.

As told to Debarati S Sen

CELEB IDOL MALE

I am a huge admirer of Jean-Claude Van Damme for his body and physique.He has been thoroughly committed to martial art giving his body all the strength.In India the person in the same league is Akshay Kumar.

CELEB IDOL FEMALE

In the Indian film fraternity I like how Bipasha Basu has constantly worked-out and evolved herself.Globally,Heidi Klum has a well-toned body even after being a mother of four kids.Salute her dedication.

RARING TO GO: Aman Verma

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]