Meghna loves Ammaji --indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Meghna Mallik loves Ammaji
The graceful actress who created waves with her performance as the strong matriarch Ammaji in Naa Aana Is Desh Main Laado on Colors, Meghna Mallik is reveling in the double role she portrays in the show currently. Here is the talented woman talking about enjoying her double role, shooting with Salman, and her love for dance.
by Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media
Showing 1 of 7 images Previous Next

How tough is to shoot for the dual role of Ammaji and Anjali?
It is very tough to play a double role in television as we have to keep changing back and forth for scenes of the twins together. But the current track, thankfully has only one Ammaji and I will be seen in the get-up of Ammaji only. At present, there is a double role in the show but both have the same look. The different look of Anjali was revealed for a brief time during her introduction. So let's see when the two Ammajis come face to face.
Whose idea was to introduce the track of Ammaji's lookalike Anjali?
The credit goes to the story teller, who thought of introducing of this new track. Obviously this idea was quite interesting as it made the audiences watch the show and kept them hooked to the show. It was great that Anjali's track was introduced.
What is the past story of Anjali and why is she playing Ammaji?
There is a reason behind her acting as Ammaji and she is doing this to save her little daughter Mausam. She has taken up the role of playing Ammaji before the world as a compromise. She doesn't want to do it but is forced to. The character of Anjali is completely different from Ammaji and being an actor, for me it has been really interesting to play Anjali's role.
What do you like most about Ammaji?
For me, Ammaji is the most beautiful character ever produced on Indian television. This role gives tough competition to all male and female leads which are currently on TV. It is complex and has a larger than life feel. While staying in character, I have played different shades which I feel are the highlight of doing a role like Ammaji.
How was your working experience with Salman Khan?
It was nice and interesting but at the same time, I was surprised to see his dedication towards work as he came really late for the shoot. His dedication really inspires to be a hardworking actor. He is very humorous in nature and it was nice to see him as Ammaji's bodyguard. I was amazed to know that even he has seen my show on television. He truly appreciated Ammaji and he told me that even his parents love our show and its presentation.
What shows do you like to watch on television?
I am not into fiction shows but whenever I get time to surf on television, I watch Kaun Banega Crorepati as I love the concept. It is nice to see Mr. Bachchan who is my favourite host. I would love to be part of this show.
Apart from acting, what are you most passionate about?
I love music and dance though I am not a trained dancer but I love dancing. My best experience of dancing was when I did a tango dance on Daarrling at Zee Gold Awards. It was awesome.
Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks a lot for the article!!!! Meghna is really sweet
604055 thumbnail
Love both ammaji and meghna! She's a good actor! Even her eyes do speak!!
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thanx a lot 4 sharing dis article🤗 !! meghna is my favorite actress & i really luv her as ammaji !! 🤗
.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Yaa meghna rocks as ammaji and i dont think anyone else would be able to potray the role of ammaji as good as 0eghna