.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

"Can you believe my luck Jhanvi? I mean' He out of all the people in the world had to be the family friend." I whispered into the phone.

"Wait' so he is the son of your mom's best friend?" Jhanvi spoke back, completely shocked.

"Urgh! Yes! Can you believe it?"

"Well' yes. Now I can' now that you have told." And then she giggled.

"Jhanvi! You are not helping. I am hyper-ventilating here.He is currently sitting in my room and I am meant to be making a conversation with him. And all he is doing is just' staring at me angrily. I can see how pissed off he is with the fact that we are family friends."

"Dia!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

"Jhanvi, I am going. Mom is calling. I will give you the full details tomorrow morning in the bus. Bye, take care sweety. Bye!" I quickly disconnected the phone and went and sat down on my bed, as if talking to HIM.

"Dia, I got some snacks for you both. Shaurya, I hope she is not annoying you."

"Mom, we both are not getting married for god's sake. And please, we are having a good time. I am not that bad a friend am I Shaurya?"

"Nope, she is' the perfect friend." Shaurya said, looking right into my eyes. His eyes got me, leaving me dazed.

"Ok then, I will leave you kids alone." Mom smiled and left.

Ok, so you all are probably wondering' What the hell is going on!? So, let me take you back in time and tell you the story of my life.

I am Dia Saghwan, daughter of Dr Raghav Saghwan and Sia Saghwan, and sister of Anjali Saghwan. I have a small little happy family. We love each other a lot' to bits. Now you must be thinking' so what's your story with Shaurya?

First day of high school, I am nervous. We were having our orientation day. My sister and her boyfriend Atul were orienting my group and they paired me up with Shaurya. Since then, we have been good friends. Jhanvi, Anshik, Nikki and Abhi were in our group too. All six of us met, and in one look, we knew we were going to be friends for life. We hung around and shared every tiny little secret with each other.

I didn't realise when I started to develop feelings for that face with greyish-blue eyes and chiselled features. I don't know when I started to find that perfectly toned and fair skinned guy hot and sexy. All of my friends knew, except forhim of course. I don't know why, but I felt that he had some feelings for me too. But I never got my hopes high. We started playing basketball and I would always beat him. He used to call me Basket and I loved it.

Half-way through 10th' we got into a major fight, I don't even remember why we fought and even if I did, I did not want to remember. Jhanvi and Anshik were dating at that time and so were Nikki and Abhi. I sort of felt sad for them, they had to choose between me and him. We didn't speak after that' not even a casual 'Hi' or 'Hello'.

I thought I'd move on' but no' I couldn't. I talked to di about it' she said I was in love. But' love' are you kidding me? Love in high school? Shit man! I talked to Jhanvi and Nikki who said, "There is this Facebook page that says A crush only lasts for as long as 4 months. If it is longer than that, it is love. So' I guess you are in love." I didn't want to believe it at first' but then it sunk in. It was like' no matter how much I tried to hate him' I just couldn't. It was Shaurya we were talking about and yes' I was madly and irrevocably in love with him.

Then I applied for prefects in 11th' well' our whole gang did. Out of 8 boy prefects, 2 were my friends' Abhi and Anshik and 1 was' 1 was the one I loved. Out of the 8 girl prefects, 3 were us; me, Jhanvi and Nikki. Then came the time for the prefects to vote their captains and vice captains and so on. I applied for captains' so did he. And' we both became the captains of 2010-2011, the representatives of our school. I still remember when we were announced captains. The look on his face said it loud and clear, "I hate the thought of you being opposite me in the prefect body!" He didn't even congratulate me and when I did, what did I get as a reply? A rude thanks and then he walked off. It hurt you know, to get that treatment from him.

Our first assembly together, we were going to host it. I still remember clearly, every single word of our conversation. I was sitting in the top quad, all alone. Everyone else was in an extra class of Chemistry, a subject I hated. I looked up to see him walking up to me in that navy blue blazer. He looked so' so handsome in that blazer, the blazer which was only meant to be for the prefects. It sat perfectly on his shoulders and hugged his body. I immediately looked down as I felt my cheek burn hot and go a shade of scarlet red. He came and quietly sat down next to me. The whole quad was empty, it was me' it was him' and it was us' all alone.

"So' hosting assembly tomorrow. You prepared?" he asked.

"Ya, I mean' what's there to be prepared about? I am fine. You prepared?" I didn't look into his eyes, afraid I would get lost in them and look like a freaky teenage girl in love.

"Ya, sort of scared. I dunno, you think I will be fine?"

"Shaurya, how many times have you represented the school in front of people you don't know?"

"Ummm' quite a few times."

"How many did you go badly?"

"Not even once."

"Then why are you scared now? It's the same Shaurya I see here that I saw 5 years back. And it's the people you know, they are our friends, this is our school. So no need to be scared."

He looked at me, smiled (and I almost died at that time) and said, "Thanks Dia. Thanks for the encouragement."

"It's ok!" I looked away, tears had welled up in my eyes.

He abruptly got up and said, "See you tomorrow." His tone turned bitter, it sounded like he did not want to see me!Why was he doing this to me? Why be nice and then rude? Why did he affect me so bad that it hurt so much? Why? He was going to drive me crazy one day' no, not one day, he was driving me crazy right now. And when Jhanvi and Nikki came, I could not hold back my tears. I guess they both said something to Shaurya the next day about making me cry, because he kept on giving me the nastiest looks anyone could ever give to anyone. We hosted the assembly, it was perfect.

Then came the school concert, our prefect dance, a tradition of our school which we wanted to continue. And as expected, we both were paired up. And then we were told that we would be starting off with a romantic dance. I mean, could life get any worse. Actually, I did not mind it. Dancing with him, being in his arms; that only happened in my dreams right? Well, for once, it was real.

After the performance, the stress of our final exams settled in. We were all stressed but we got through them. The farewell was nearing and so we girls went shopping together. Both Jhanvi and Nikki had a date, everyone had a date' except me. Oh well, that's just the way life is.

Then my mom makes the announcement that she just found out that her best friend was here in Sydney. She hadn't met her in years. I was happy for her, really happy. So, she invited their family for dinner. They had a son, my age. I was pumped, I really wanted to meet him. Mom told me he was just as excited as I was. She said we used to be like' best buddies when we were kids. And then they moved when I was 4 years old. I don't remember any of it' except for glimpses of me and this cute little boy fighting over a toy car and running around in the park.

So, I was checking myself in the mirror when I heard a knock on my door. A smile automatically spread across my face and I opened the door. It took a few seconds for me to register the face, for the reality to sink in. Half of my heart was jumping around in joy at the fact that he was my best buddy when I was a kid. The other half, it felt rejected when I looked at his face. He looked angry and the first few words that came out of his mouth were, "What are you doing here?"

"Shaurya, umm' this is my room. This is my mom and dad's home." I tried to be rude, but all the words came out in a polite manner.

"So' you are'" His voice trailed off.

"Ya, I am your childhood best buddy." I completed the sentence for him. He walked in and sat on the bed, as if it was his own. I expected him to say something, but he didn't. He just kept staring at his knees, the expression on his face suggesting he was lost somewhere and his face a myriad of emotions. I quickly dialled Jhanvi's number at that very instance and told her that he was the friend.

And so' here I am' sitting all alone in my room with Shaurya. An awkward silence enveloped us. It was weird, the quietness in the room. Mom called us for dinner and we went downstairs with plastic smiles plastered on our faces. We had dinner and came back upstairs.

"Dia, we all are going for a walk. Do you both want to come along?" Mom asked us.

I looked at Shaurya, who nodded his head in a no at me. "No ma! We are too tired to go for a walk! You guys go!"

So they left us alone in this massive house of ours. His silence was getting to me now. I just couldn't bear not knowing what was going on in his head. And so finally, I broke the silence and said, "Shaurya, what's wrong? Why' why are you so' quite? Why are you not passing any nasty comments to me?"

"So you think I enjoy being nasty to you? You think I love hurting you?"

I was taken aback by this sudden outburst of Shaurya. "I-I am' sorry. I' I really' didn't mean to' to-to hurt you." I hated this, why did these tears come up all the time?

"You know when I was coming here Dia, I thought I would be able to enjoy the last month of my stay here with my best buddy. And then it turned out to be you. And' you know what?"

"You' you' your dream of being with your best buddy was broken?"

"No' you were never my best buddy." I looked up, shocked and hurt. "There was always something special about you. You' you are not my best buddy. You are more than that." He came and sat closer to me. I closed my eyes and pinched myself to make myself believe that this was real. "You' I' I have always had this soft corner for you since we met. And I don't know why we fought over that random bullshit. You were meant to be my date on our 10th class farewell. But then, everything went wrong. I never meant to be rude to you."

"Then why were you?"

He got up and stood in front of me. "Because I was angry at myself and I just vented it out on you. I was' so stupid. I know' I am' I am sorry. Will you forgive me?"

And because I did not want to cry in front of him, I got up and hugged him, hiding my face in his collar bone. He hugged me back and held on to me tightly. And then he said the words, the three words I had been longing to listen to since 9th. "I love you Dia. I' I love you."

"I love you too Shaurya." My voice was muffled but I guess he understood.

He gently held me by shoulders and made me look at him. "Do not cry. I cannot see those shitty tears in your eyes. Okay?"

I couldn't help but smile at him. He wiped my tears and then the most unexpected thing happened. He bent down and placed his lips on mine, sending sparks off into the air. He kissed me passionately and I returned it back with the same passion. We broke apart, gasping for air. I looked down, blushing badly. The next thing I knew, he was down on one knee. "Miss Dia Saghwan, will you be my date to the farewell?"

"Yes! Is that a question to ask? Dumbo!"

"Oh' one more thing." He got up and continued, "You better inform Jhanvi and Nikki right now or they will bite your heads off!"

"Inform them about what?" I acted as if I was confused, but I was just having a bit of fun.

"About you know' we both being together as a couple."

"Oh that' ya' I'll tell them." I couldn't control my laugh and burst out in front of him.

"Okay, enough of your pranks alright. Don't be mean to me." Shaurya pouted like a baby and couldn't help but smile at his cuteness. I instantly hugged him.

"You are so cute!"

"Tell me something I don't know!"

"You are so full of yourself!"

"Well, I guess you have to put up with it now! =P"

"I don't mind as far as it is you."

We were having a good time together, spending the time together that we had missed out on in the past few years' well' 2 years. Everyone soon came back from the walk and from the looks on our faces, di understood what was going on. She winked at me and gave Shaurya a smile. After they left, she asked me what was going on.

"Hmm' so' someone's got a boyfriend I think?"

"Huh! What?"

"Ohhh' so now you don't know what I am talking about!"

"I do know what you are talking about. Yup, I and Shaurya are together. Anything wrong with that?"

"Oh no no! Nothing is wrong about that. Everything is just perfect."

I understood at that very moment that my sister was going to annoy the hell out of me by teasing me. And yes, just the thought of it annoyed me.

o0O0o

I sat on my bed, replaying every single word of my conversation in my head. And that is when I realised what he had said. "I thought I would be able to enjoy the last month of my stay here with my best buddy." Last month of my stay' did that mean that he was going to go? But where? It was driving me crazy. My head was spinning and nothing was making sense to me. I decided to call him at that very instance and ask him what he meant.

"Hello! What happened? Why did you call this late in the night? Everything -"

"Shaurya! Everything is fine! Well, not really."

"What happened?" he asked, concerned.

"I just remembered you saying something about your last month here. What' did you mean?" I waited for him to say something, anything' but he didn't. "Shaurya' where are you going?"

"How about we talk about it tomorrow? I am really sleepy and -"

"No Shaurya. We need to talk about this now! Where' where are you going?"

"I' can I tell you about it after the farewell?"

"No, because it will trouble me till then and then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the' the last month of your stay." I felt a lump rise in my throat; tears came back to their favourite spot, my eyes. I was seriously having my doubts if there was salt water running in veins rather than blood.

"But'" He gave up and decided to tell me. "Actually, mom and dad have decided to move to India. I am going with them in January." I didn't say anything, because I knew that if I did, he would get to know that I was crying. "Dia' see' I told you' well actually I didn't' but that's the reason why I didn't want to tell you. I know you are crying on the other end."

"No I am not. Who told you I am crying?"

"I can see your face in your massive mirror!"

"What!?"

"Ya' turn around." I did as he asked me to and once I did, I saw him standing in my room. He had climbed through the window?

"Shaurya! Are you crazy? What if mom, dad or di come in! I will be screwed. And' you climbed up that pipe to get into my room?" I tried to keep my voice levels down as much as I could.

"Ya, but they won't come in if you would talk quietly. And no, I am a vampire who just flew into your room like that dude in that book' what's his name' Edward. Ya, him."

"Edward never flew into the room, he always jumped in silently." I argued like a baby.

"Ya, whatever. I didn't come here to argue on that." The salt water started to creep back to my eyes as I realised what he was talking about. "Basket, can you please not cry? You know I hate to see you cry. And' can we just forget that I am going to go after one month so we can enjoy our time together?"

I nodded' because I did not have the strength to speak. He cupped my face in his hands and made me look in his eyes. "Please! Pretty please!"

"Shaurya' no offence but' you just sounded like a girl right now!" I said, a smile creeping on my face.

"Ya, I did it on purpose' you know' to make you smile."

"Ohhh' I see!" I looked away because' ya' I was blushing. (I know I sound like a love-struck girl' and I am one) "By the way, don't you have to go home?"

"Hmm' well' I could go home a little late! Mom and dad are fast asleep. And I am going to climb the pipe anyways."

"Ya, but I think you should go."

"Actually, I don't think you want me here. I'll go!" Idiot, Dia. And now he is pissed! You moron!

"No! I want you to stay here. I just don't want you to be in trouble."

"So you want me to stay here! Basket, you're such a naughty girl!"

"Shaurya you' Urgh! Don't worry. You're not even worth it! I mean, I tell you to go - you get angry. I tell you to stay - you talk random crap!"

"Okay, okay! I am sorry. No more of this crap, just spending time together. =D Happy?"

"Maybe'"

"Maybe' huh!?" Shaurya walked towards me, and I backed into the wall.

"You know Shaurya, I need to get a drink. I - " But before I could say anything else, I bumped into the wall. I tried to escape, but he put both his hands on either sides of me, locking me in that position. "Shaurya'" I became speechless as I looked ighting over a toy car and runnialways left me in a daze! I looked away' his scent was driving me crazy. I thanked Shaurya's mom for calling at that moment, it was' umm' a little too' I don't know how to explain it. His proximity was just' making me loose control.

"Hello'' Ummm, I am out on a walk mom'' No, I just needed some fresh air. You know, I was getting bored at home'' Fine, fine. I'll be back in 10 minutes''' Mom! I am 18 now. I am not a baby. Nothing is going to happen to me. I am just fine!''' Okay, I'll see you soon." He kept the phone down and looked at me. I grinned at him, I loved to see him annoyed. "You' you just wait. I will get you back!"

"What did I do? I didn't tell aunty to call you =P. But' I was hoping she would."

"And god listens to women again. Oh well, I will see you tomorrow."

"It's Sunday tomorrow. And anyways, we don't go to school anymore. You know, final exams have finished."

"Ya, but no one's stopping me from climbing that pipe and entering this room."

I stared at him disbelief. He was going to come here every night? Oh well, I don't care. As far as we get to spend time together. "Hmm' that's right. Alright then, see you tomorrow." This time, he stared at me in disbelief. "What? Go! Or you will be in trouble?"

"You are so weird. I was expecting you to say, 'Shaurya, are you crazy? You are going to be here every night?' But you didn't. Oh well, you are weird."

"You don't have to come here every night if you don't want to." I acted to be sad, just to annoy him' again.

"Basket, it's not working on me now! I know you are not upset. And I am going now! Good-night! Bye!"

"Wait! You have no manners Mr. Shaurya Singh. Is that how you wish good-night to your girlfriend?"

"What do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow at me, while I rolled my eyes.

"Gosh, you are just dumb!" I walked up to him, stood on my tippy-toes and gave him a peck on his cheek. "Good-night!" I turned around to walk back to my bed, but he held my hand.

"Gosh, you just don't know how to wish good-nightproperly' do you?" He turned me around, bent down and kissed me. "That's how you kiss your boyfriend good-night Miss Dia Saghwan!"

I slightly pushed him back playfully and looked down. "Go or you will be in trouble. Bye!" I knew he was smirking. I looked up and yup' he was smirking. "What? Don't give me that look. Just go!"

"Bye! See ya tomorrow." And he left.

I watched him climb down the pipe like a pro, and suddenly I had the urge to ask him that exactly how many girls' windows he had climbed. But I left it for some other time. I saw him walk back to his home, my heart sinking again. Just when I thought life was starting to get on track, it comes and slaps me right in the face. I didn't want this month to come to an end, I didn't want to face that day when he would go. I looked up at the sky. "Why? Why are you doing this? Can't you stop him from going away from me? Please! Don't take him away from me, please! I am begging you!" A lone tear escaped my eye, but I wiped it away because Shaurya didn't like tears in my eyes. I slept' waiting for tomorrow to come, but never end.

o0O0o

It became our daily routine, he would climb up my window at 11 in the night and leave' well' pretty late. We wanted to make as many memories as possible with each other in this month as we could. It was 2 days before the farewell, we both were sitting on my bed, discussing our plans for the it.

"Shaurya! Oh my god! We didn't book a car as yet for us to go in together! Oh crap!" I said, a tone of urgency in my voice.

"Oh well, I guess we just have to go in my car."

"But everyone will come in a BMW or Mercedes with their partner. And will be in a normal car. =("

"What matters more to you? Being with me or the car?"

"Being with you of course. Is that a question to ask?"

"No, it just sounded like' you care more about cars than being with me!"

"No' it's nothing like that. It's just' don't worry. When you are with me, nothing matters. =) We'll still be the sexiest couple around' right? ;)" He just smiled. I don't know why, but I felt like there was something going on his head. He' was not being his normal self. And right now' he was smiling to himself. "Shaurya, why are you smiling?"

"Huh? Um' just like that. I felt like smiling, so I am smiling.=D"

"Ok!" But' there was something fishy. I waited for him to tell me himself.

o0O0o

It was the day and I was excited. I got ready at the parlour. Shaurya was meant to pick me up from here. I anxiously waited for him. Jhanvi and Nikki had already left. They had insisted on staying, but I told them to go. I looked for Shaurya's car, but it was nowhere in sight. Where was he? Just then, I saw a black shiny Limousine pull up and he stepped out from it, wearing a black Tuxedo.

Shaurya's POV

Yes, it was her special day. I am sitting in this car, all set to surprise her. I want to make it special for her. I want to make the best day her life. As the car pulls up, I see her staring at it. I step out of it and stare at the most beautiful women standing in front of me. Her straight hair had been curled and tied up in a loose bun.

She hardly had any make-up on, still she glowed. Her jet-black eyes stared at me, surprised. She wore red high heels, making her the same height as me. And the best part, she was wearing a red dress that fit her slender body perfectly. And it wasn't just any red, it was the 'sauce waala' red, my favourite colour.

She looked stunning' no' even that word was under-estimating her beauty. I walked up to her, she still looked too shocked to react.

I kept my hand in front of him and said, "Shall we?" But instead of taking my hand, she hugged me. Wasn't she worried about her dress getting spoiled?

Dia's POV

"I love you Shaurya! You are the best." But before he could say anything, I continued, "And please don't say, 'Tell me something I don't know'."

"I love you too!" He held me by my shoulders. "Let's go. We are getting late!"

"Okay." We sat in the car and drove to the venue. Reality was still sinking in, I was still a tad bit shocked at the surprise he had given. So, that's what he had been smiling about the other day. I looked at him, he was looking hot in that tuxedo. "Shaurya! How many girls do you plan to kill with your looks today?"

"Oh I dunno' quite a few." And then he smiled, flashing his cute dimples. "Did I kill you already?"

"Do you want me to die?"

"No! Because I'd die without you." He knew just the thing to say to make me blush, didn't he! "Let's go, we're here."

We got down from our car and walked hand in hand towards the hall. As soon as we walked into the hall, a spotlight fell on us. I looked at Shaurya questioningly, but even he had no idea.

"The most beautiful and happening couple of our school, Shaurya and Dia." Were they serious? We haven't even been together for that long. And then, the speaker continued to clear my doubts. "We know you have been together officially for only a few weeks, but' it's been too obvious. Even though you never talked, you would steal glances at each other. And when you did talk, it was like' the clash of the titans. Isn't that where love starts' with fights? And then' you have been great captains. So guys, to the couple of this year' Shaurya and Dia."

Our friends came and Anishk said, "Liked it? You guys so totally deserved it!" We both raised an eyebrow at them. "What? Seriously, you deserved it. Who else would?"

"You and Jhanvi? Nikki and Abhi?" I said.

"We have already gotten our awards. We are cutest couple of the year and Jhanvi and Anishk got the award of the couple that fights the most." Nikki said.

"Oh!"

"And you guys' you are the most happening couple of the year." Jhanvi winked at me, while I just rolled my eyes.

We enjoyed the rest of the evening, dancing, singing, eating, drinking (not alcohol), laughing, crying a bit (only us girls) about not knowing if we'd see each other again and yes' a few of us romancing as well. We all were practically high on coke, and it did become a bit difficult for us to get home.

o0O0o

"Hi Mom!" It was 12:30 in the night as I entered the home, laughing and giggling as if I was drunk.

"Dia, you had alcohol?" Dad asked, shocked to see me in such a state.

"No, I just had a bit too much of coke dad. I am high on it.=D"

Dad looked at Shaurya, who had become normal by now. "Thank you for dropping her home."

"It's ok uncle. Dia is my'" I raised my eyebrow at him. "' she is a very good friend of mine. So of course it's my duty to bring her home safe and sound. So, no need to thank. Anyways, I will take your leave. Bye. See you' on Friday Dia!"

"Friday?" Mom asked.

"Oh, we all are going to watch a movie and then just a little lunch together." I said. "We just decided today at the farwell, I know I have to tell you. Umm' I am feeling a bit dizzy. I think I am gonna go and sleep now! Night night everyone. Bye Shaurya."

"Bye Basket. Bye uncle, bye aunty." And he left. Well, "I am feeling dizzy" was just a little lie. In reality, I just wanted to get changed quickly because, of course, Shaurya was going to climb up that pipe into my room in an hour.

I sighed and sat on my bed. Good times, how I wish that they would never end! How I wish he wouldn't go! How I wish school never had to end and we all would never have to separate! How I wish' The wish list just doesn't end, does it?

o0O0o

The next 2 weeks passed away like a lightening strike. I had told mom and dad about our relationship the next day. Luckily, they didn't have any problems with it. Right now, I am sitting in our car next to him' we are driving to the airport. I haven't been able to utter a word ever since we sat in the car. I was silently crying last night after he had left and right now, I was crying inside. The car came to a halt and he got down to get the luggage out. Our Friendz were coming to see him off too.

"Dia, you and your mom should get down from the car. I have to go park it." Dad said. I nodded in agreement and got down, only to be faced by Shaurya.

"You're not going to talk to me?" I looked anywhere but at him, so that he couldn't see the tears in my eyes. "Fair enough." And he walked inside the airport.

Jhanvi put a hand on my shoulder and said, "Dia, let's go inside. Everyone's already gone."

"I don't know if I will be able to bid good-bye to him." I choked on my tears.

"You need to toughen up! It won't work out otherwise."

"It's not working out anyways."

"So, you don't want to see him off?" And there we go. Even she was pissed of at me now. "Fine, stay out here." And she walked off.

I dragged my body inside the airport. It's not that I didn't have the strength to see him, I was afraid I will cry in front of him and ruin his mood before the long journey. But it's not like I was helping right now, he was pissed off. So, I walked into the airport. He and his family had already checked-in. He was standing with all our friends, laughing and chatting; the laugh not even reaching his eyes. Our eyes met and he excused himself from everyone. He walked towards me and my heart sank as I saw tears brimming in his eyes. He didn't say anything, not even word. All he did was put his arms around me and engulf me in a bear hug. We stayed like that for what seemed like an eternity.

"I'll miss you Basket! I dunno' I dunno what I'll do without you."

"Well' look at the positive side. I won't be there to disturb your studies."

He broke away from the hug and looked at me in utter shock. "You think you disturb my studies? You are my life Basket, you give me the courage to keep going on! And' and you are saying that' that you won't be there to disturb me? You know how tough life will be without you?"

"I' I didn't mean that. I was just trying to joke around and trying to cheer you up."

"You what would cheer me up? I just want you to look in my eyes and smile. And please, smile genuinely."

"I want you too smile too. And I want it to reach your eyes." He smiled and yes' it did reach his eyes. I automatically smiled seeing him happy. I don't know what took over me, but I stood on my tippy-toes and kissed him. I didn't care if mom, dad, di, all our friends, his family and everyone at the airport was watching. All I cared about at that very moment was to be with him. I was here in his arms' but it wasn't going to last for too long. I heard his dad call out for him, "Shaurya, it's time for us to go!"

We broke apart, I smiled at him and said, "Go, or you'll miss your flight. I'll' miss you heaps. But thank god for technology. We can talk everyday' you know' video chat. And' if we can't do that, we can at least write emails. I mean - "

He cut me off. "Basket, I am going. Stop trying to convince yourself that I am not. Just' " He turned away from me, and walked off. I watched his retreating figure, a pain in my heart rising. I ran back to the car, crying all the way.

o0O0o

Shaurya's POV

Why did I do that? Why did I turn away from her and not even bid her good-bye? Urgh! I am such an idiot. We are walking towards Gate No. 32 to board our flight. Suddenly, mom stopped abruptly. I asked her what was wrong.

"Go! Go back to her. You can't live without her, and she' she was crumbling when you left." Mom said.

"What? What are you talking about?" I looked at them, confused.

"Do you think we are idiots? We can read your face Shaurya, we are not blind. You love her, just go back to her. She needs you and you need her right now!"

"But how will I? All my luggage has been checked-in and'' I can't go outside. I' I have already gone through all the clearances and'"

"Shaurya, you want to go. If your love is true, they will let you go back! Trust me son, just go! And about your luggage, we'll send it back. Ok?" Dad said.

"Are you sure dad?"

"We both are sure. Now run before she leaves!"

I hugged both of them and ran out of the airport. And yes, the authorities did let me go out that way. I made calls while running, telling Aniskh to stop Dia somehow till I got there, but not letting her know I was coming back. I ran into lord knows how many people and searched through how many cars, till I found her' standing there by her car' crying' the tears not stopping. I walked up to her, stood right behind and whispered, "Don't cry Basket! I am back, and I am not going!"

Dia's POV

I slowly turned around to see him standing there, smiling. I poked him, just to make sure he won't disappear and that he was not just a figment of my imagination.

"Ow! Why'd you poke me for?"

"To make sure you were real!" He laughed at my childishness. "How did you get back? Don't you have to go? Shaurya, I don't want you to choose me over uncle and aunty. I don't want them to think that they are loosing their son because of me. You-"

"Basket! Shhh!" He kept a finger on my lip. "You speak too much! They sent me back!"

"They what?" I looked at him, startled.

"They - sent - me - back - to - you."

"But' how'"

"Shhh!!! You can't do anything about it. I guess you have to spend the rest of your life with me now! It was destined to happen!"

"Then I guess I love the destiny for writing such pretty chapters of my life."

o0O0o

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wowieee πŸ‘!!!!!!!!!!!! excellent OS & a perfect ending πŸ‘..well done πŸ‘!! keep it up !! πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thts so sweet of u
neharaniii thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Woww πŸ˜›
Just awsum...nice yr...keep writing moreπŸ‘πŸ‘
Thanks all but u all should praise my sis for writing this!!!
604055 thumbnail
Ur sis wrote this? Its sooo beautiful!! luvd every bit of it!! luv ur OS!