Peeved by 'generation leap' TOI

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago
Peeved by 'generation leap'

Every TV serial producer worth his salt has used a 'generation leap' to maintain the TRPs of long-running soaps. But this extremely convenient device may not necessarily be popular among all the actors of the serial. On the contrary, the sudden aging of their characters leaves a bad taste in the mouth for many in the original cast. One such actor is Harish Verma, who plays Avatar in Na Aana Iss Des Laado. What irks the young actor is that he has to play a character which is a whole generation older to the young breed. "This socalled younger generation has actors who are actually either my age or just a year younger to me! While it is an exciting challenge as an actor to enact such a role, it becomes a bit tedious over time," Harish says. We understand your plight Harish, but considering the fact that the show has given you national recognition, you shouldn't complain. As they say, you win some, you lose some!

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Daily/skins/TOINEW/navigator.asp?Daily=TOIM&showST=true&login=default&pub=TOI
Edited by chalhov - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for sharing!
But I don't see why Harish is cribbing. If he din't want to play the oldie role, he should have quit the soap like many of his co actors. Why is he still sticking around?
Sorry, din't mean to sound rude and Avtar is one of my favourites, but I find his "complaint" baseless!
.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for article
Agree with u Harsha she should not complain if he didnt wish to play an oldie he would have quit the show
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
well, i really cant c y Harish is saying so 😕 !! he's one of d best characters of d show , besides he's got a huge national recognition for his role 😃 !! cummon Mr. Harish, everything in lyf cums wid a price tag, so no use of complaining 😊. & den, u r so gud at doing ur role, so y complain ?? 😉
hopehot thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks.. i tottally agree with u guys
mjht_one thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thanx for the article

i m completely agree with u guyz...i dn't get y he's complaining
and his character of avtar is really good and i think that his look in naidl suits him more than the one before the leap
also even in the shw he does not seem old to me
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@ nikita :
u r ryt dear, even i dont feel awkward to c him as d father of a grown up son ( which i used to on seeing ronit roy as d father of sons & daughters in his previous soaps 🤢 ) !! 😃