Natasha's atma avatar! - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Why did you choose to do a ghost's role in Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli?

The role was no doubt different as different can be. As an actor, I think I need to play a variety of roles. I want to enjoy acting and what can be more fun than playing a ghost! The atma in the show comes back to the haveli with a motive. I have shot for the promo for now and am looking forward to a fulfilling experience with Rajshris. I have heard it is a cool place to work and I can't wait to get started.

What is it like working with Karan V Grover and Suhasi Dhavi?

I have met Suhasi and shot the promo with her. She is very sweet and friendly. Though I haven't met Karan yet, I have heard he is a gentleman. I am eager to shoot with the cast and get to know all of them better.

What will be most challenging about playing a ghost?

The most challenging aspect about playing a ghost will definitely be the fact that one can't relate to it. There have been numerous ghosts in serials and films so we will try to show our version of a spirit. Having never seen a spirit it would certainly be a challenge for me to play such a role with conviction. I am going to try to make it not so gory but scary. Rest, of course will depend on the brief and the graph of the character. Watch out for the mysterious ghost in the haveli!
What kind of ghost experiences or ghost stories have you heard? Which horror film scared you?

I have heard many ghost stories but never had any ghost experiences. While shooting you hear stuff like someone saw something move in a certain building or off hand a person would narrate how such-n-such building is haunted. I don't know how true these stories are as there is no verification. I have heard that there are certain shows on television wherein people go checkout haunted locations and dish out scary stories about the landmark. It makes for a spooky watch for sure but again who knows if it is true. I have seen and enjoyed many horror films – Paranormal Activity being one of them.

How did it feel to leave Na Aana Is Des Meri Laado?

It was really tough to leave the show. I was so attached to it. Laado was my baby and when I left I had to give my baby to someone else. But I guess the show must go on and it has continued well. I had a lovely time working on the show and I have fond memories of it. I too have moved on and so have they.

Tell us about your most cherished experiences from the show?

I have loads from working together on a scene, to watching the scene work its magic with the audiences, from sharing makeup rooms with cast, befriending them, chatting and being a family. Laado was very special to me. I miss them a lot.

Are you in touch with anyone in that show - Aditya, Meghna?

Oh yes I am in touch with most of the actors from Laado be it Aditya Redij, who is now doing a new show Preeto. I saw his first episode and felt he looked really good and acted well. The character of an Air force pilot is cool. I wish him the best. I am also in touch with Meghna - Ammaji who is a wonderful, wonderful person.

Have you seen Laado after the leap and recent Bhanupratap re-entry?

No. I never used to get time to watch the show when I was acting in it and now when I am out of it, I hardly get time to watch it. I haven't caught any episode of the show. But I am sure they are doing a great job.

What did you do in your break?

Well I enjoyed my free time the most. I met friends and family and spent quality time with all of them. I hardly used to get time to meet them when I was shooting Laado. I also write Hindi poetry, so I indulged in that for a while and rest of the time I read a lot and caught up on the movies. I am currently reading a lovely engrossing book called Rebirth by Janhvi Barua which is about this woman going through turmoil in life. I enjoy reading fiction a lot.

Who are your friends in the industry?

I don't have many friends as I am not that out-going or social. I am an introvert and would rather go out with friends or call them over to my house than party. I am friendly with Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande, Nandish and Rashmi Desai and Aditya. I also have a gang of friends from school and college.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Natashas-atma-avatar&aid=3069

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Padmpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for article. Its realy nice. I hv even startd watching yaha ghar ghar kheli just for her
DEBALINA1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
lovely inter view , love her a lots. wish she has all the success in life & her nu so give her more popularity

LUV U NATASHA... ❤️U...