I enjoy challenging work--Aman

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Aman: I enjoy challenging work
Kavita Awaasthi /Hill Road Media

Talented actor Aman Verma has done all kinds of roles and is currently seen in a moustache playing the villainous Bhanu Pratap in Colors' Naa Aana Iss Des Meri Laado. He loves to wear many hats so Aman is also juggling a hosting assignment on television while awaiting the release of two of his movies. Over to Aman for details.
Showing 1 of 7 images
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
What do you enjoy most about playing the role of the villainous Bhanupratap in Colors' Naa Aana Iss Des Meri Laado?
I wouldn't call him a villain as Bhanu Pratap is a grayish character. He has his reasons for being vindictive. He can be a subtle and strong at the same time. I enjoy playing this role as it brought about a huge change in the storyline and pushed it forward. Bhanupratap made life a living hell for Ammaji and her family. Bhanu Pratap is also quite stylish which is fun, while playing a role. I have worked hard on the role, the look and the Haryanvi accent. These details add to the character and perhaps even make it unforgettable.
You returned post the leap on the show. What can we expect from Bhanupratap now?
In television, trps are the name of the game and characters are killed or brought back according to them. I was told that I would be back after the leap but when and how was a mystery. As the role was a popular one, it was brought back albeit a bit later after the leap in the show instead of immediately. This time Bhanupratap is a rich and sophisticated person who is wants his revenge from Ammaji, for injustice she did to his sister. He is in a more vicious avatar and a new look.
How is it having a real moustache as you never had one before?
Well I have never had a moustache yet it was fine to grow one. I enjoyed the process of having a moustache once I got used to it. I did try few fake ones while locking the look for the show but fake wigs or moustaches hinder an actor's performance as it gets in the way. So I felt it would be appropriate and helpful to me as well as the role to have a real moustache than a fake way. I am glad people like it and have commented on my handlebar moustache.
How is it working with Meghna Malik? What do you like most about her acting and personality?
Meghna is a lovely and talented actress. She gets into the skin of her character of Ammaji and once her make up is off, she is totally herself. It is amazing to see the transformation in her pre makeup and post it. I don't have many scenes with her but whenever we have had confrontation scenes it has been challenging to work with her. To work with a talented actor always helps a scene. People have told me that they look forward to takkar between these two characters.
Tell us about your new stand up comedy show?
Well I am not doing stand up comedy but hosting the show. It is called Lo Kar Lo Baat and airs on BIG Magic in UP and Bihar. The show is on the lines of Jay Leno show. I am enjoying hosting it as it is different from acting and gives me an outlet to be myself.
What genre do you enjoy more ? drama or comedy?
I enjoy work that is challenging and puts me on the map. Whatever I choose, I ensure to give it my hundred percent. I want my work to talk for me. I feel I can handle any and everything and I frankly don't want to choose between any genre. Be it drama, comedy, hosting chat shows or stage shows, each come with a challenge and I am glad I can take them on with confidence.
What are your future movies projects?
I have two Hindi films ready for release. One is Gandhi Se Hitler and the other one is You Are My Jaan. After my last Punjabi film did well I hope these too also get appreciation from the audiences.
Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

604055 thumbnail
Thanks for the article..I lyk bhanupratap's character..he's a caring father..his style really suits him..he luks good in hat
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thanx 4 d article .. BP is a very strong & well-sketched character in d show..& Aman Verma is a very gud actor as well, perfect 4 d role of BP !! 😃