TOI: Khalsa boys used to follow me-Natasha

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Khalsa boys used to follow me: Natasha Sharma

Arpita Nath, TNN | Jul 8, 2011, 12.00am IST

Natasha Sharma, who played Sia in "Na Aana Iss Desh Lado" before it took a generation leap, is a spunky girl. And she says she learnt it all in Delhi, where you have no choice but to be street smart. "And this especially applies when you come to Delhi University," says this Miranda Housegraduate, who gets talking about her fondest Delhi University memories.

"I was a BA Journalism student from Miranda House and passed out in 2007. And my favourite hangouts while in college used to be the Kamla Nagar market. Whenever we used to get free time after classes, we used to head to Kamla Nagar to chill there as there were many eating joints."

And if you're from Miranda, it's blasphemous not to remember Tom Unlce's Maggi, isn't it? "Yes! Tom Uncle was another joint that was really famous with Miranda and Khalsa people. In fact, I think, students from many colleges used to come there. I used to love the Maggi and banta. It was a killer combo. I remember we used to sit there for hours."

Talking of Miranda, how can Khalsa College be far behind? Laughs Natasha, "Khalsa's right opposite Miranda, and you know guys used to wait for me to come out after college. And that time I used to commute through the Metro, so there used to be so many cars that used to follow me every single day." Sounds like a stalking problem! How did she manage? "You know how Delhi girls are, na? We're used to all this nonsense. Since my school days I have been used to this. But I was happy being in a girl's college, and was not interested in the boys. In fact, I was always apprehensive about DU boys." Now that's a serious allegation! "Delhi ke ladke bohut tez hote hai," Natasha laughs, adding, "And in my family we are three sisters, and I never felt the need to go out and spend time with anyone else. Also I had this very nice group of four friends since school days, and I was happy going out with them. My sisters and my friends – that's all that I ever needed."

Any teachers she was fond of? "Umm... all were nice. I don't want to take anyone's name in particular since all of them were nice," she says. Well, seems diplomacy is another trait that Dilliwallahs don't need to learn, eh?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
passed out in 2007..followed by Khalsa boys, umm..not bad !! 😉
DEBALINA1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail