Ragini is the new, modern Sunehri...

Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi, guys, I have watched Laado since the beginning...Adi's mother and Gajji's wife was a woman named Sunehri.

For those of you who are new and may not know, Sunehri was portrayed as a haughty, vain, scheming, selfish woman who was Ammaji's favorite daughter-in-law as she was the only one who had ever borne a grandson, pre-leap. Sunehri was a woman with a mind of her own & she ALWAYS stood her ground with Gajji...in fact, he was a certified 'joru ka gulam.' Sunehri was disliked by the other women in the household because of her behavior, but she repented for her past actions and turned a new leaf when Gajji physically abused her & the only people to support her were Sia and the other women in the household (this happened a couple of months before the leap.)

From what I have seen of Ragini, she is vain, defiant of her husband, & confident pretty much like Sunehri was. She is also fast becoming Ammaji's favorite just like Sunehri was. The difference of course is that Ragini is a modern, educated woman, but her personality matches that of her mother-in-law...I am loving her character so far, and truly hope she adds some sizzle to the show. Adi has met his match & then some...πŸ˜‰

What do you guys think?😊
Edited by Nandalala - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mjht_one thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i agree with u yaar...ragini is so the new suneri but for some reason i sometimes feel she is a bit like rangeeli avtar's second wife.....cause rangeeli was like always not nice to avtar but she wld act as a good bahu infront of ammaji
hope u get wat i mean:D
Nandalala thumbnail

Originally posted by: mjht_one

i agree with u yaar...ragini is so the new suneri but for some reason i sometimes feel she is a bit like rangeeli avtar's second wife.....cause rangeeli was like always not nice to avtar but she wld act as a good bahu infront of ammaji
hope u get wat i mean:D

Yep, I get what you meanπŸ˜ƒ.. Yeah, Ragini has shades of Rangeeli...no doubt...especially when she told Adi she does not make chai & if he was going to make some, he should make some for her as well...πŸ˜† Also, her retort when they were sitting together at the puja was awesome...& yes, all this while appearing to be the respectful bahu in front of Ammaji...

& I think Ragini has it easy because Adi does not seem to have a backbone, just like his father....πŸ˜‰
nutmeg7 thumbnail
btw...i have stopped watching laado.....can anyone tell me what happened to sunheri???
anonymous7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sunheri has died............. but her death has not been shown..........
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
an arrogant wife of an equally arrogant husbandπŸ˜†πŸ˜†, Ragini-Aditya chemistry wud b sumthing to watch out for in d show, she's got all d traits of both Sunehri & Rangili πŸ˜›..but i have a feeling dat she wont deliver a male heir to d family as Sunehri did but d couple wud hv a grl childπŸ˜› & all d hell will break loose wen ammaji will refuse to accept her " par-poti " in d name of parampara 😑& aditya wud refuse to stand by her decision & order !! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

i'm eagerly waiting 4 dat day!!
lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Is Ragini having an affair with someone and is there any so called husband-wife relation between Aditya and Ragini?
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sometimes when you start of by hating someone...........it results in love at a later stage...............'hate is akin to love' as they say............so maybe Ragini will make Adi realise that women cannot be downtrodden...........and she really is the perfect person to do that because Ammaji is busy falling over herself keeping Ragini's father happy. But for now both R and A will be going through a oneupmanship act to see who gets the better of the other...........

Sunheri was more obvious given her situation so I personally think that Ragini will be more like Rangeeli but even there......Ragini will do things with much more class as Rangeeli was rather crass in the way she tried to do things.

AlwaysHisJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandalala

Hi, guys, I have watched Laado since the beginning...Adi's mother and Gajji's wife was a woman named Sunehri.

For those of you who are new and may not know, Sunehri was portrayed as a haughty, vain, scheming, selfish woman who was Ammaji's favorite daughter-in-law as she was the only one who had ever borne a grandson, pre-leap. Sunehri was a woman with a mind of her own & she ALWAYS stood her ground with Gajji...in fact, he was a certified 'joru ka gulam.' Sunehri was disliked by the other women in the household because of her behavior, but she repented for her past actions and turned a new leaf when Gajji physically abused her & the only people to support her were Sia and the other women in the household (this happened a couple of months before the leap.)

From what I have seen of Ragini, she is vain, defiant of her husband, & confident pretty much like Sunehri was. She is also fast becoming Ammaji's favorite just like Sunehri was. The difference of course is that Ragini is a modern, educated woman, but her personality matches that of her mother-in-law...I am loving her character so far, and truly hope she adds some sizzle to the show. Adi has met his match & then some...πŸ˜‰

What do you guys think?😊

What happened to sunehri after the leap
Nandalala thumbnail

Originally posted by: lakshmin42

Is Ragini having an affair with someone and is there any so called husband-wife relation between Aditya and Ragini?

Yes, Ragini was involved with someone prior to her impromptu nuptials...& she is hoping to rekindle that relationship....🀒 No, Aditya & Ragini can't stand each other...