Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: anu rulz

frankly chanda's reaction or actions dnt surprise me to the slightest..anybody who has followed the character frm the beginning knows tht she is an extremely emotional woman,easily swayed away by her "loved ones"..this is the woman who had backed out of being a witness for almost the same crime as now at the nth hour due to the fear of ammaji harming her child which itself was absolutely senseless coz ammaji wud NEVER harm a male child she was carrying which was public knowledge at tht time..and if she dint care for how much sia had fought for her marriage to avtar and her rights as avtar's first wife THEN,why on earth wud she stand against her own son for sia's daughter??

Never thought of it like that..........but your analysis is right.............and the fact this is now her darling son who can do no wrong in her eyes........will certainly affect any judgment or affection she might have had.
mjht_one thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i knw guys...i hate chanda rite nw...such a cheap thing she doing...to tell u guys the truth i had a feeling frm the start of the leap that chanda will do something bad to diya...

hopehot thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: groucho

I believe what she did was wrong..........but I guess being a mother her first instinct is to protect her child............regardless of what that child is.................Ammaji's habit of protecting sons has rubbed off onto her.

Avtar, if he knows, will certainly take the right decision but he never seems to be around when all this is happening.......is he the only one who works in this household..

yea she jnows it is wrong
but she's doing what a mother would
bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I think Chanda also reacted that way because...for years she was relegated to the back...living in the servants quarters...not being acknowledged by Ammaji as Avtar's wife, having a souten who ill-treated her and most of all, having her babies ripped from her bosom and killed, all because they were girls.

When she finally gave birth to a boy...it was like, yes! I do exist! Thereafter, she finally got some sort of 'respect' in the household. After suffering so much hatred, she finally had a boy child...and it was no easy task, what with her souten trying to harm her and when she gave birth...things were very chaotic.

So...when keeping all this in mind, I find Chanda's actions completely justified. Besides, she was never shown as a strong character...looking at her character all throughout the show...she was never strong. Avtar, even though he didn't oppose Ammaji...he was still strong and very conscious about right and wrong, case in point how he never consummated his marriage with that Rangeeli (something like that lol)

So yeah, it's wrong...but that is her character. She is a good human being, but weak.
Edited by bewafa - 13 years ago
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bewafa

I think Chanda also reacted that way because...for years she was relegated to the back...living in the servants quarters...not being acknowledged by Ammaji as Avtar's wife, having a souten who ill-treated her and most of all, having her babies ripped from her bosom and killed, all because they were girls.

When she finally gave birth to a boy...it was like, yes! I do exist! Thereafter, she finally got some sort of 'respect' in the household. After suffering so much hatred, she finally had a boy child...and it was no easy task, what with her souten trying to harm her and when she gave birth...things were very chaotic.

So...when keeping all this in mind, I find Chanda's actions completely justified. Besides, she was never shown as a strong character...looking at her character all throughout the show...she was never strong. Avtar, even though he didn't oppose Ammaji...he was still strong and very conscious about right and wrong, case in point how he never consummated his marriage with that Rangeeli (something like that lol)

So yeah, it's wrong...but that is her character. She is a good human being, but weak.

Very valid points............however, her manner and attitude towards Dia was not very characteristic of her .............she was always as meek as a mouse but I guess, when your son's life is at stake even the meek become tigresses...................

She did in the past even as the cost of her unborn child do the 'right thing' about Gajendar if I remember correctly .............so it is a contradiction of her character expecting Dia to do the opposite...............I would have had more respect for the CV's if they had shown her begging for her son's life to Dia and cut out the nasty attitude.
bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yeah...but thing is, she is still weak in character. Her son is the only thing she has that makes her worthwhile.

And the reason she's not begging Dia is I think because Dia is her bhatiji...and they have that hierarchy system ingrained ever so deeply within them

And like you said...it's the tigress in her...but sadly, due to her weak character, that tigress has come out in a not-so-great avatar. lol