Jhanvi, Diya's Raas Leela! - Article

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Jhanvi, Diya's Raas Leela!
Jhanvi and Diya, the twin sisters in Na Aana Is Des Laado, are very excited about the special sequence they performed on the show.

The gorgeous girls performed Raas Leela dressed as two mythological figures and left no stone unturned in presenting the dance as authentically as possible. Even at the cost of donning heavy jewellery and heavier outfits!

For trained Bharatanatyam dancer, Vaishnavi Dhanraj aka Jhanvi, it was a treat to play Krishna. However, she wore blue jumpsuits and aped masculine body language! "It was very important to get the look right as Lord Krishna is a beloved deity. As we had forgotten to put a peacock feather on the mukut, we had to include an entire scene to explain that. But all said and done, it definitely was the best experience of my life," admits Vaishnavi.

As for petite Simran Kaur aka Diya, playing Radha was no less task as dancing with Krishna's elaborate costume gave her bruises all over the body. "It was an overwhelming experience for me. I had not practiced at all for the scene because of continuous shoots. But I got the steps right at one go. I am not a classical dancer, yet it turned out beautiful."