THE FUTURE OF INDIAN GIRL CHILD- BRIGHT OR BLEAK??

Padmpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi frnds wat do u feel about d topic? Is d ans 2 above qn is bleak? Do u feel dat in a country steepd with customs n traditions , such as ours d INDIAN GIRL CHILD has no future 2 look forward to?so wat r sum measures u would like 2 sugest 2 overcum such prblm?is na ana is des meri lado' d song sung in past presnt n future too........!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radt thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Future.... that is basically unpredictable but is in our hands!
The way you work towards it is what decides your future!
Most Indians aren't yet aware of the need of the hour ... that is to fight against evils.... women need to become self-reliant!
They are so prone that they will never be able to rise until and unless they are not given a chance to grow!
Women themselves need to wake up for this cause!
But there is a positive ray of hope, for sure!
And... as they say... well begun is half done!
So... is see some positive vibes out there!
Padmpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi dear right said! Its women only who can change outlook. For dat dey need 2 b like sia strng, determind! Den only society wil respect! Dey should know der rights! Wat say?
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: radt

Future.... that is basically unpredictable but is in our hands!

The way you work towards it is what decides your future!
Most Indians aren't yet aware of the need of the hour ... that is to fight against evils.... women need to become self-reliant!
They are so prone that they will never be able to rise until and unless they are not given a chance to grow!
Women themselves need to wake up for this cause!
But there is a positive ray of hope, for sure!
And... as they say... well begun is half done!
So... is see some positive vibes out there!

Some very good points Radha.....................however, in my opinion......it is not as easy as we might like to think................it is still a very male dominated society especially in the rural areas and despite the wonderful work being done by so many dedicated volunteers, NGO's and workers,πŸ‘πŸ‘ the progress has been slower than we would like.

I think in many cases the women believe.............if you can't fight it then join it or bear with it sort of syndrome. That is where educating them is so very important. They must be allowed to understand that rights can be wronged without the worry of getting onto the wrong side of their husbands, fathers, brothers etc............Unfortunately old age practices and rituals are very much alive and well and this will take time.............TV has become a wonderful medium and if used in the proper manner ...........so much can be taught....................HOWEVER, all we see are negativity or no solutions to a good message started...........and that, for me, is the biggest tragedy.

But as you rightly say that..............it has begun and definitely there have been pockets where improvements are visible.

phoo_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ME TO NO NO NO generation has changed and it will change further b coz now there r very few families who think girl child is a boon compared to past .

if it is not so then u me and many others wldnt b here on india forum speaking about this.yes i agree few r there who r not with us but they have to change.changes r common .πŸ˜†

lekin agar galdi badal ni hai to sabhi ghar mein ak SIA ganam dena haiπŸ˜‰.rural areas people r changing b coz i have seen many children joining skools and now taking their degrees and etcπŸ‘

.but fathers brothers husbands entire male cru shld encourage like my raghavπŸ˜‰ .but many male s dnt wanna b happened they always try to push us down this is true i hav seen this many times.but hope is only good medicine .hope fr the bestttttttttttttttttttttttt.πŸ‘πŸΌ
radt thumbnail

Originally posted by: groucho

Didi....................πŸ€— πŸ€—
Some very good points Radha.....................however, in my opinion......it is not as easy as we might like to think...............

Oh! That is true! But there definitely has been an improvement no? or we can say atleast efforts to improve!
it is still a very male dominated society especially in the rural areas and despite the wonderful work being done by so many dedicated volunteers, NGO's and workers,πŸ‘πŸ‘ the progress has been slower than we would like.
That's true!😭
I think in many cases the women believe.............if you can't fight it then join it or bear with it sort of syndrome.
Television seriallistically true! <Maya Sarabhai tone>πŸ˜†
But yes! That is the attitude! U know, even our maid helper .... she refused to send her daughter to school out of the fear of being discoved and beaten up by her good for-nothing son.... (she's a widow) until one day finally he set both of them on fire... She escaped but her daughter died! She finally got to her senses a filed a complaint against him but he fled!
That is where educating them is so very important. They must be allowed to understand that rights can be wronged without the worry of getting onto the wrong side of their husbands, fathers, brothers etc............Unfortunately old age practices and rituals are very much alive and well and this will take time.............
TV has become a wonderful medium and if used in the proper manner ...........so much can be taught....................HOWEVER, all we see are negativity or no solutions to a good message started...........and that, for me, is the biggest tragedy.
U mean BV, dont you?πŸ˜†

But as you rightly say that..............it has begun and definitely there have been pockets where improvements are visible.
πŸ‘

Word Count: 1

groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Radha, as far as TV is concerned it is almost in all the serials barring the outright comedies.........
Colors specifically have shown nothing but negativity..............I realize a TV show cannot change the world overnight but for the masses, this is a medium larger than life and in their houses, huts, chawls whatever everyday...........so positivity would eventually sink into some of the households.

Of course there are improvements and No I don't mean the serials when I say that women are still taking things lying down..............it is still happening sadly and the progress is much too slow for my liking...............so hats off to all those who are working for the betterment of these people.
radt thumbnail

Radha, as far as TV is concerned it is almost in all the serials barring the outright comedies.........
Colors specifically have shown nothing but negativity..............I realize a TV show cannot change the world overnight but for the masses, this is a medium larger than life and in their houses, huts, chawls whatever everyday...........so positivity would eventually sink into some of the households.

Of course there are improvements and No I don't mean the serials when I say that women are still taking things lying down..............it is still happening sadly and the progress is much too slow for my liking...............so hats off to all those who are working for the betterment of these people.

Awww... I agree no less with you Dina!
But atleast there's a realization of problems!
As u very aptky said, thanks to the efforts of some!
But i am sure.... this wud speed up as soon as more and more ppl stand up fr the cause n becum aware!πŸ˜ƒ
radt thumbnail

Awww... I agree no less with you Dina!
But atleast there's a realization of problems!
As u very aptky said, thanks to the efforts of some!
But i am sure.... this wud speed up as soon as more and more ppl stand up fr the cause n becum aware!πŸ˜ƒ
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice post πŸ‘πŸΌ
But I dont think the future is bleak, I feel its improving! Infact, as far as urban India is concerned, women are stronger than men, though ofcourse, our society still remains to be a male dominated society.
It is true though, that topics such as these are somewhat subjective. It all depends on how and in what kind of circumstances one has been born and brought in.
I was fortunately born and brought up in a family that strictly feels both males and females are equal. I have a weird feeling that women are more preferred than males in my family πŸ˜†
My aunt, my dad's younger bro's wife, gave birth to a boy, and you know what? My aunt was so heart broken that she refused to even look at the baby because she wanted a daughter and NOT a sonπŸ˜•πŸ˜†
Even otherwise, females are preferred by even the male members of the family- there is a general agreement that daughters are more obidient than sonsπŸ˜†
I'm my parents' one and only daughter, I have no siblings. My father is the head of the family and no one has ever asked him why he doesn't have a son. Frankly speaking, I dont think I would have been brought up any differently had I been a boy!
I did my schooling in an all girls school and then I did my BE in mechanical engineering πŸ˜† I'm the only girl in the classπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
But trust me, guys friends are any day better than girl friendsπŸ˜† Atleast they dont bitch about you behind your back and they are far more helpful than girlsπŸ˜ƒ
I have many friends too, who happen to be the only daughtersπŸ˜ƒ
And the biggest advantage of being a woman is that you dont have to study to earn, unlike the boys! You can do what YOU want to doπŸ‘
So as I have already stated; I'm very happy and proud to be a woman and an INDIAN woman at that πŸ˜ƒ and if given a choice, I'll choose to be an INDIAN WOMAN even in my next birth πŸ˜ƒβ­οΈ