PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Tanisha tells Ammaji that despite being a woman, Ammaji has earned a lot of respect in the family as well as the society. She asks Ammaji why then the women of the house are not treated with respect and why the birth of Dia is frowned upon.

Joginder interrupts her with a scream. He screams at her for talking to Ammaji disrespectfully. He says that till date no one has dared to open their mouth and question Ammaji. He points a finger at her upbringing and yells out for Adi. At hearing Joginder's screams, everyone assembles in the hall. Adi comes in too and without even finding what exactly happened, he starts screaming at her. He says that not even the members of the house have the permission to open their mouth in front of Ammaji, how then can Tanisha, an outsider, dare to do so? Tanisha is shocked at Adi's attitude. He continues that she must learn to respect elders and he orders her to apologize to Ammaji for talking to her disrespectfully. A tearful Tanisha turns to Ammaji with folded hands and asks for forgiveness. Ammaji forgives her and advices her to concentrate on the wedding and not involve herself in all these. Ammaji smirks at the fact that Adi sided her and admonished Tanisha for misbehaving with Ammaji.

Dia and Jhanvi are back from lunch to discover that their dance CD is missing. Jhanvi recollects Shaurya playing a CD and assumes that he is the culprit. The two go to confront him and he hands them a CD.

When they start rehearsing, they find out that, that is not their CD. Shaurya comes and stands at the doorway, amused. The instructor enters in just then and says that she had taken the dance CD with her. Jhanvi and Dia are embarrassed and Jhanvi apologizes to Shaurya and they shake hands. Shaurya advices Jhanvi to get her eyes checked and asks Dia get to her brains checked. He comes towards Dia and stretches out his hand. Dia gets pissed off at his attitude and says that on realizing that he wasn't the culprit, they were ashamed at themselves for wrongly accusing him of theft but after seeing his attitude, she is not sorry at all!

Santosh and Chanda take a tearful Tanisha inside the room and they try to pacify her. Tanisha says that in the short period that she has stayed in the house, she has realized how unjustly the women of the house are treated. She feels bad at Adi's behaviour and the way he screamed at her in front of everybody. She says that in all the years she has known him; he has never treated her that way. Santosh and Chanda advice her to forget whatever happened and they console her by saying that she would anyway return to America in a few days. Tanisha is worried as to what the future has in store for her.

PRECAP- Ammaji sees Dia coming home late from college and questions her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

phoo_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
๐Ÿค—thanx fr the update ๐Ÿค—
sumali thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update.

Though I have stopped watching it after the leap, read your updates and catch the episodes sometimes. I thought ki, Tanisha will turn into sia, fighting for the women's rights in the haveli, but she disappointed me big time, meekly accepting her fate.

Nothing has changed in laado except the costumes. The same atrocity towards women, discrimination between boy and girl child, ammaji's smirk and jogi's scowl.

How I miss, the real tigress Sia and her tiger hubby. ๐Ÿ˜”

Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
if i dint knw better,i wud say tanisha is the new sia in the making..poor girl..stuck in this wierdo family wid a spineless wimp..atleast sia had raghav..
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumali

Thanks for the update.

Though I have stopped watching it after the leap, read your updates and catch the episodes sometimes. I thought ki, Tanisha will turn into sia, fighting for the women's rights in the haveli, but she disappointed me big time, meekly accepting her fate.

Nothing has changed in laado except the costumes. The same atrocity towards women, discrimination between boy and girl child, ammaji's smirk and jogi's scowl.

You are welcome ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I dont know ๐Ÿ˜• and I really dont care if things change or not in NAIDL, I dont mean to sound rude, but I have accepted the fact that at the end of the day, its a soap and even if things actually change in Laado, its not going to change the society. Even if nothing changes in the soap, my life is not going to change, I'll continue doing what I do and I'll continue to believe what I beleive in.
I like the soap, most of the times its fun, except for some lousy scenes. In those lousy scenes, I just admire the actors' skill at acting and move on.
I, for one, have never been fond of Sia. No offense intended; although I knew that what she stood for is right, I dislike her, maybe its because of the actor. Maybe if some one else had done the role, I may have liked Sia better. So, yes, I feel sorry for you guys that your favourite is no longer a part of the soap, but as the saying goes, one's loss is another's gain.
Let's hope, for your sake, that both of them come together in another soap ๐Ÿ˜Š
But even strictly speaking only about the character, there could have been a lot more that she could have done. She did nothing in the two years except blow a lot of hot air. It somehow wouldn't be fair to say that she did nothing because the CVs din't give her an opportunity to do something. Afterall, Sia is a part of the CVs creation!
But as its not good to talk ill about dead people, I'll let bygones be bygones!
Coming to Tanisha, I wouldn't say what she did is wrong. Atleast she din't behave like those "mahaan" souls who obstinately keep saying whatever they think is right and exit the scene with an arrogance saying that "maine kuch galat nahi kaha aur main maafi nahi maagoongi!" Some may say its self respect, but if self respect is given so much importance, we would be left with no relations! At some point in our lives, even some of us would have let go of our pride and apologized even if we werent at fault just to maintain peace.
Edited by laado_007 - 13 years ago
sumali thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@ Laado! I know, you are one of those, who love the soap after the leap, and an ardent fan of amba. Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinions, so I don't feel bad after reading your comments.

I know, it is a soap and a fictional story, and it is not going to affect our lives in any ways, whether it shows positivity or negativity. But , the message they boast as if they are doing a service to the society, is what irking me. We, educated people take this as a soap, and whatever they are showing is a crap, and the story and actors change anytime according to trp and channel's whims and fancies , but from an uneducated, rural woman's perspective, to which this particular soap is targetted at, will perceive the end of sia as the plight of woman who fights for equal rights. So , if u want to survive , shut your mouth, obey the elders and never stop to think what is right and what is wrong.

Yes, I agree, in real life, just to maintain peace, we have asked for forgiveness, letting go of our pride even if we are not fault. But, I would think just not twice, but hundred times, before agreeing for the marriage with a guy , like Aditya. A true marriage will not last long, if there is no mutual respect for each other and each other's ideals. Love alone will not help. I would defintely choose to walk out instead of jumping into bottomless pit .

What is hard to digest is, a girl, who is born and brought up in USA behaving like this .
Edited by sumali - 13 years ago
Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I've been sporadically watching the show post leap. I think Tanisha is very confused. On the one hand, she loves Adi but on the other, she has (as the cv have characterized) her so-called "American" ideals & thoughts which clearly clash w/all things Ammaji. As somebody who lives in America & is broadminded, it is difficult to digest that Tanisha will marry Adi & more importantly, into his family... in fact, one does not have to be or have lived abroad to understand how close-minded and orthodox this clan is...I am not sure what the CVs want to show here...Tanisha is not going to be able to change anything, other than to eventually leave Ammaji's house, with or without Adi.

What I did like in the last few episodes is Diya's confidence, when it comes to Shaurya. She really reminded me of Sia, particularly during her initial interactions w/Raghav. Diya has the same fiestiness as her mother & it is showing in little sparks here & there now....Again, Diya & Shaurya's love story will have many a stumbling block, the main being Ammaji & Bhanupratap (if indeed he's Shaurya's dad.)

Of course, the main question that remains for me is how any of these characters are going to prevent female infanticide and promote women's rights which is basically what this show is supposed to be about...I guess the CVs have permanent amnesia about this....๐Ÿ˜•
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandalala

I've been sporadically watching the show post leap. I think Tanisha is very confused. On the one hand, she loves Adi but on the other, she has (as the cv have characterized) her so-called "American" ideals & thoughts which clearly clash w/all things Ammaji. As somebody who lives in America & is broadminded, it is difficult to digest that Tanisha will marry Adi & more importantly, into his family... in fact, one does not have to be or have lived abroad to understand how close-minded and orthodox this clan is...I am not sure what the CVs want to show here...Tanisha is not going to be able to change anything, other than to eventually leave Ammaji's house, with or without Adi.

What I did like in the last few episodes is Diya's confidence, when it comes to Shaurya. She really reminded me of Sia, particularly during her initial interactions w/Raghav. Diya has the same fiestiness as her mother & it is showing in little sparks here & there now....Again, Diya & Shaurya's love story will have many a stumbling block, the main being Ammaji & Bhanupratap (if indeed he's Shaurya's dad.)

Of course, the main question that remains for me is how any of these characters are going to prevent female infanticide and promote women's rights which is basically what this show is supposed to be about...I guess the CVs have permanent amnesia about this....๐Ÿ˜•

Bold - This is a malady that is rampant amongst the CV's of TV channels๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† and your last paragraph is a question that I fear that will never be answered or shown in this serial unless Bhanu Pratap drives them back to Veerpur๐Ÿ˜‰
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sumali

Thanks for the update.

Hey Uma, I think most of us who used to watch the Show pre leap miss Raghav, Sia and the old facade and everything. Even missing Gaji and his 'wah bhai wah' dialogues and his comic timings. Now, most people tell me, that it's like a new story altogether, which I don't mind. The only unfortunate thing is that they have a new story with some old timers thrown in, here and there, and not being used properly. Of course barring VKG. The CVs will ensure that she gets the lion's share of their affection and adoration๐Ÿ˜†, so much so that they have introduced a whole lot of new characters so that they can play the merry-go-around motion with them and not concentrate on one or two particular characters.
Thank goodness they did not adhere to such foolhardiness to the Show pre-Leap, at least not to this extent.
Hope I don't offend anyone in turn and am sure the new members will take this in the right spirit.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

Hey Uma, I think most of us who used to watch the Show pre leap miss Raghav, Sia and the old facade and everything. Even missing Gaji and his 'wah bhai wah' dialogues and his comic timings. Now, most people tell me, that it's like a new story altogether, which I don't mind. The only unfortunate thing is that they have a new story with some old timers thrown in, here and there, and not being used properly. Of course barring VKG. The CVs will ensure that she gets the lion's share of their affection and adoration๐Ÿ˜†, so much so that they have introduced a whole lot of new characters so that they can play the merry-go-around motion with them and not concentrate on one or two particular characters.
Thank goodness they did not adhere to such foolhardiness to the Show pre-Leap, at least not to this extent.
Hope I don't offend anyone in turn and am sure the new members will take this in the right spirit.

Poet -BOLD That is about one of the only things that is still there and last I watched Gaji was trying to speak in Hinglish............pretty well done by him I must admit..............I am not so sure that VKG is getting the lion's share of affection except for Jogi and a few others. The women remain opposed to her.............but the rest is as you say....................new characters.........can't remember who is who sometimes........but that is my fault because I do not watch regularly..........

Sia and Raghav's other daughter is the tigress in making Jhanvi............if this serial is to achieve anything I think they should focus on her.