Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Padmpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: sumali

Yes, Priya! Beaches, boat ride in mandovi river, shopping in flea market, we enjoyed all. Btw, you are from Goa?

ya dear n wat abt u?
sumali thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Padmpriya

ya dear n wat abt u?

I am a tamilian, but have lived all over India. Right now, I live in Gurgaon.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I am a tamilian, but have lived all over India. Right now, I live in Gurgaon.

I absolutely loved our 7 year stint in Chennai...although it was many years ago...lovely people, great city...awful weather but it was worth tolerating because we made friends that we cherish and are in touch with even today...
sumali thumbnail
Yes, Aditi! The only minus point in chennai is its horrible weather. Otherwise , it is a nice city with good educational institutions, good hospitals, reasonable cost of living, and more important thing is, the culture is still alive. Have you heard about the music festival in december? Almost all the areas have sabhas, you can hop from one sabha to another , listening to concerts by eminent carnatic singers, carnatic music buffs all over the world plan their visit to chennai during that time, so that they can listen to great music to their hearts content and the weather is just lovely at that time. πŸ˜ƒ
Padmpriya thumbnail
Gurgao is place wer rasia came na sumali di? How nice its fr u?
sumali thumbnail

Gurgao is place wer rasia came na sumali di? How nice its fr u?

Yes, Rasia visited one of the malls here, in gurgaon.

We love it here, it is very close to Delhi airport, just half an hour. The city is full of malls, sky scrapers, just like an international city. Sometimes, when I see outside from my 14th floor apartment, I feel like I am living in a foreign country.

But every city has its own +s and -s. Gurgaon has too. I have lived in almost all parts of India, except northeastern. Whereever I have lived, I have always made lot of friends. But , I find, in Gurgaon, people are not that friendly. Many of them are a little snobbish and are very class conscious.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Yes, Rasia visited one of the malls here, in gurgaon.

We love it here, it is very close to Delhi airport, just half an hour. The city is full of malls, sky scrapers, just like an international city. Sometimes, when I see outside from my 14th floor apartment, I feel like I am living in a foreign country.

But every city has its own +s and -s. Gurgaon has too. I have lived in almost all parts of India, except northeastern. Whereever I have lived, I have always made lot of friends. But , I find, in Gurgaon, people are not that friendly. Many of them are a little snobbish and are very class conscious.

True enough about Gurgaon...my daughter and son-in-law live in Gurgaon and for the moment so does my son...he hates it!!!!!!!!! and they love it...but that is probably because they have moved from Mumbai where getting to work and back took them 5 hrs whereas here it takes them 15-20 minutes...so more time spent at home but certainly lacking in cultural events and full of malls...we spend one month with them every year in the winter and just love sitting on their terrace and watching the world go by from their 10th floor.

RaSia came to the Ambience Mall...ask meπŸ˜‰
sumali thumbnail
Thats right Aditi! This is one of the reasons we love gurgaon. My husband's office is just 5 mins drive from home. And almost all the malls have multiplexes, so you can plan a movie anytime. no prior reservations, no buying tickets in black .

So, though I love gurgaon for its comforts, it is not a safe city like , say, mumbai or chennai.

Yeah, rasia came to Ambience Mall. Though , I know abt it , I didn't go to see them, as I thought I am past that age to go gaga over celebrities. 😳

Padmpriya thumbnail
Ya nice frndz! N nyone frm u visitd then tel me how dey luk like d same?n wat else dey did?
sumali thumbnail

Ya nice frndz! N nyone frm u visitd then tel me how dey luk like d same?n wat else dey did?

Priya! It seems, you haven't still gotten over them! 😊