Veerpur to New Delhi-article

PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

The time leap on "Na Aana Is Des… Laado" will see new characters along with the old in a brand new setting

Popular television serial Na Aana Is Des… Laado on Colors is soon set to take an 18-year time leap! Come December 21, and the lead pair of Raghav and Sia will bid adieu to the show. Two new faces (their grown-up twin daughters) will carry forward their legacy and the story.

After Bhanu Pratap is partly successful in wiping out Ammaji's family — Raghav succumbs to his attacks and Sia passes away at childbirth – Ammaji moves to the posh Greater Kailash in Delhi. The twist in the tale lies in the separation of the sisters at birth. Raghav asks his mother to promise him that she would raise his daughter in a non-violent atmosphere, and so she does.

One daughter is raised by her, and the second daughter is raised by Amba, Ammaji's disowned daughter who had earlier appeared in the show as a dacoit. The sisters were separated during the chase.

Amba has too moved to the city and now works as a wedding planner while raising a daughter, and, much to the viewers' shock, Ammaji will be seen playing granny to her grand-daughter and will bring her up under strict scrutiny. The role of the twins would be played by newcomers Simran Kaur and Vaishnavi Dhanraj.

"To carry forward Raghav and Sia's story is a huge responsibility. We are very excited to be a part of the show and only hope the audience like and accept us as much as they loved their characters," quips a lively Vaishnavi.

The character of Vaishnavi is of a strong and carefree girl who is pampered and loved by Amba, while Simran, who grows up under the strict regime of Ammaji, turns out to be a naive and introvert girl, scared of Ammaji as she is discriminated against, being the only girl child in the house.

Ashvini Yardi, head of programming, Colors, says, "The strength of Na Anna is Des ...Laado has always been its strong female characters, their triumphs and struggles in a rural context.

As the show is on the verge of completing 500 episodes, we wanted to strengthen our connect with our loyal viewers by adding new affable characters to the already strong pack of Ammaji and Amba in a modern social context that will excite and entertain them more."

Speaking about turning grandmother, Meghna Malik, who essays the character of Ammaji, says she is content with the way the show and her character are shaping up.

"I have been part of this show for two years now and it has been amazing to see the way the show has been received. I am excited that I will raise Raghav's daughter and I realise that it is something my character has stood against, but here she is just a mother who is trying to keep the promise she gave to her dying son."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bittu31 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Why viewers will shocked for Ammaji playing granny to Rasia kid ...when she is continuously torturing her ...and raising her with discrimination ...😡.Just because she let her live but have made her life worst then death ...

I would have been surprised if she would have raised her ..like she raised her grand son ..😃 with love & care and would have surely followed laddo to see Ammaji's changed roop .. 😆

lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article.
It would have been good to see if both were brought up Amba. Both of them would be strong as Sia
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ha ha ha ... Greater Kailash!
Wedding Planner?
Aur kya chahiye ... to turn it into a comedy circus with all tragic consequences.
bittu31 thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

Ha ha ha ... Greater Kailash!

Wedding Planner?
Aur kya chahiye ... to turn it into a comedy circus with all tragic consequences.

Yaa ...most funniest news it is 😆...I really wish I should also get accomodation in Greater Kailash! and be a wedding planner ...as it don't require any exprience ..😉😆
poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: bittu31

Yaa ...most funniest news it is 😆...I really wish I should also get accomodation in Greater Kailash! and be a wedding planner ...as it don't require any exprience ..😉😆

Bittu, I am in splits everytime I think about it.
How original!
bittu31 thumbnail
U know My heart still wants its just a bad dream ..I will wake up and again will see my most favorite onscreen couple ...😕... But no Bad things in Laddo is never a dream ...😡..
This is first time I have attached to a serial like this but now I am cursing myself why the hell I have done that ..😕
poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: bittu31

U know My heart still wants its just a bad dream ..I will wake up and again will see my most favorite onscreen couple ...😕... But no Bad things in Laddo is never a dream ...😡..
This is first time I have attached to a serial like this but now I am cursing myself why the hell I have done that ..😕

Same here. Lekin kya karein We made the mistake.
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It may sound weird and even unbelievable but I kind of feel bad at Sia's death.I agree that I wanted the actress to exit the soap,but I somehow dint want Sia to die in childbirth.As Bittu said,it would have been so much better had Sia died due to BP's bullets.Seeing a woman die in childbirth somehow freaks me out.

I have seen the first three episodes of Laado and I was just wondering,how would it have been if Sia were not just a character but a real person and on the day she had gone to Ammaji with Chanda's dead infant in her arms to fight for justice, had she been told that this women is your future mother-in-law,you would die in childbirth after giving birth to twin girls and that one of your twins will be brought up by this woman and the other by your sister-in-law who happens to be a dacoit?!
No,I'm not even going to try putting any emoticons because I dont think these emoticons are sufficient to express what I'm feeling now!

As Poet said,Sia's life has just been wasted.Why was Sia made the protognist of the story?To kill her in childbirth?She got married to Raghav and settled down in a village.For what?She stayed out of the havelli without food and shelter to fight for the women of Veerpur and succeded in becoming a sarpanch.For what?!And the saddest part is that she chose her daughters' lives over hers because she felt that if her daughters were born and brought up in Veerpur,they'll be able to change the history of Veerpur even if she wouldnt be there to see it.All for what?The daughters arnt even going to stay in Veerpur,let alone bring about a change in Veerpur!

Frankly speaking,I have never seen a soap in which the protognist is meted out with this kind of treatment!

Trust the CVs to show a pathetic track and as if that is not enough,they'll have their equally pathetic tittle song playing in the background!.Although I like the song,I dislike the lyrics of the song.The song gets onto my nerves everytime I hear it😡

I,for one,am very happy to be born as woman and an Indian woman at that,and if I'm ever given a choice,I shall definately choose to be a woman and better still,an Indian woman, even in my next birth!
Thankyou very much🤢😡
bittu31 thumbnail
Harsha .

That's what was our question .....This serial is just a big disappointment for me ...I can't tell u I am cursing myself why the hell I choose this to watch ...My busy profession doesn't allow me to watch each & every serial ..I just watch 1 at a time ...😕

There was no need of leap ...what has changed in veerpur and in Ammaji ..
20 saal tak sab chup rahege ...ghar wale bhi aur dhuman bhi ..but now sab ko yaad aayega ki Ammaji se badla lena hai yaa phir unko Badalna hai ..😕

I would have considered it changed when Ammaji would have not ordered to Raghav that leave the girl and come ..but she is the same ..all sacrifices made by sia in vain ..

It would have been better if they would have shown birth of girls in veer pur and Amba getting back status of daughter of Sanghwan house by Jogi .. and most important thing PACHAYATAP of Jogi 😆whole serial ended probably if we beleive article ..he will also die but never saw he regretting his deeds ...and I will hate from core if he remains alive ...😡