groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Ideally I hope that the channel and its producers can give me an idea of what was going on their minds when they started this serial. I do not want to address this to the director or the scriptwriters because they are doing what they have been told by the channel to do.

After watching NAIDL for sometime my first thought is thank God I did not see it from the beginning because there is only so much violence that one can take.

What is the message here??- Fighting for the rights of the unborn female child and eradicating the oppression of men over women. I am not even addressing the issue of a village full of bloodthirsty men who beat up on the women faster than a supersonic jet.

Those have been shown at length and continue to be shown. To fight this curse you are fighting not just a village with archaic superstitions and beliefs BUT another Woman whose character is without morals, decency and any form of motherly love unless it is for the male members of her family who are also in cahoots with her in every evil thought or deed (I include Raghav and Avtar in this only for the earlier episodes as they have both not only redeemed themselves but are knights in shining armor against this evil)

So who is fighting this injustice and against whom?

Ammaji a woman,

Who can brainwash almost anyone to do her bidding.

A woman who will go to any lengths to protect the men in her Haveli

A woman who will do anything for a male heir and everything to get rid of a female offspring

A woman who can stand by and gloat at Sia being stoned whilst pregnant

A woman who can terrorize an entire medical system in committing crime upon crime against the very oath they have taken.

Ammaji who hounds her daughters-in-law like dogcatchers catching a stray dog.

A woman who has the gall to suggest her daughter-in-law to have relations first with a stranger (that did not happen thanks to Sheila) and then force her on Raghav just to get a Sangwan heir.

Ammaji is now facing the same daughter-in-law who has (rightly or wrongly) done what Ammaji herself had ordered Santosh to do but because it has been done without the great A's blessings it has become an evil deed. And who is to blame Sia, of course.

The list can go on and on and that is not my intention.

Sia on the other hand, single-handedly in the beginning and now with Raghav's help has been allowed by the channel to show some progress in overcoming the wrongs to the women and did she have an easy time''''..Never

Sia winning the elections (with the police standing by)

The women voting for her (again with the police standing by)

The women going in a group to pray for Sia when she was poisoned. Not to demean their efforts and I am sure their prayers helped. What does this say that God will only answer their prayers for Sia and not one prayer that these poor women must have uttered day in and day out for themselves??

The Women openly praying for Sia ' where were they when Sia was running and screaming for help ' What I saw was a village full of women carrying on with their daily work as if nothing unusual was happening. This was the head of the Panchayat, their choice, who was being chased and NO ONE helped. Again the list goes on.

And here is the PUNCH ' Every time Sia takes one step forward in a positive manner - the story changes to make Sia retreat 10 steps back to show evil still reigns and good will not win out.

There is a dichotomy here in this serial.

The channel may turn around and tell me this is all fictional and whilst I will accept that statement, my answer will be 'then make it into a comedy where the Sangwans and Veerpur go and fight the bad guys'. Don't inject reality even if it is fictionalized into a serial and not expect people to empathize and get influenced.

There are undeveloped minds watching (children), foreign viewers, NRI viewers, rural viewers, they need hope and not to see this negativity. The worst of India is being shown in this serial.

I applaud the NGO's and volunteers who spend their lives in trying to right so many wrongs in areas which have these problems ' what does this serial tell them??? We need to help these wonderful people by elevating their deeds not negating it.

For goodness sake, start correcting the wrongs you have taken so much trouble to show and start giving out some hope. Especially now that you have started a 'creche' in the Sangwan household and children must not be used as a tool for TRP's

With clenched teeth, I have tried to be as diplomatic and politically correct that I can be. This is only about the characters and in no way involves any of the actors.

Members, please feel free to add or correct any factual errors that I may have inadvertently made

Edited by groucho - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Nice post Aditi.

You have mentioned all valid points but I guess it's not in the CVs to think logically. They are only driven by TRPs. SO even if they run a very good track (and they know it) but due to some reason, not able to garner good TRPs – they will kill the track. So you can say I am not very enthusiastic about how either the Channel or the PH works.

Firstly, when the Show started, am sure the idea was different and now the basic flavour of the Show has been diluted greatl, to such an extent, that it is indeed lost. The show was to highlight the issues and problems faced by a backward kasbah (as a representative of similar kasbahs all over the country), and maybe there was also an intention to highlight how these problems may be solved or at least dealt with. The problems are real, but there has been no inkling of any solution attested to it. If the CVs have even made an honest effor, it would show. But no, what they have done all along is to glorigy VKG and make her come up trumps every time, e specially when she has been wrong all the time. And this attitude has actually got the Show.

The protagonist has struggled against odds to provide some semblace, but as you rightly said, one step taken by Sia in the positive direction hs always been accompanied with ten steps backward. There have been no respite at all.

And talking of violence, there is too much of it. And it's especially funny, when before the violent part, the disclaimer starts rolling.

The main problem with CH and PH are that they think we are fools. But, they probably don't want to realise that we watch mainly because of RaSia. This is no protest post, but I know what I am gonna do once the Leap happens.

And now I want it to happen for a few reasons.

The story has been distorted badly

Want Adi and Natasha to be out of the trash. Am sure there are lots of insecurities involved; but they will be able to get and do good work. Only that we will miss our RaSia forever.

It will relese us from all the negativities and violence that we are subject to, at the end of a hard day's work.

groucho thumbnail
poet

I agree and after the leap it may go for a six at least with the loyal viewers of this show.

But the CH may hope that with the leap it will look like a different serial and that will attract new viewers. What a tragedy that will be if it happens.

It is not just the negativity I am against, that is a given fact, but I am also against the magnifying of cruelty and using women as the bait.

I give up - nothing more to say but to keep commenting till I stop watching.
poetic thumbnail
Yes Aditi and that's how the whole thing is being operated upon.
I also feel that the CH and PH feels that with a new brood they will probably have a fresh look. But see look is not only important if there is no substance in it.
With a 20-yr leap, the Show will be based in 2030 and what will it show? That the rate of regression hs gone up by leaps and bounds.
Indirect message - Do't think of any improvement.
groucho thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

Yes Aditi and that's how the whole thing is being operated upon.

I also feel that the CH and PH feels that with a new brood they will probably have a fresh look. But see look is not only important if there is no substance in it.
With a 20-yr leap, the Show will be based in 2030 and what will it show? That the rate of regression hs gone up by leaps and bounds.
Indirect message - Do't think of any improvement.

😉 A Star Trek version of NAIDL, everything will be virtual and they will have to leap around the place because in space you float around anyway. Maybe whilst regressing the doors of the spacecraft will open and they will disappear into infinity.😃 Now isn't that a thought???😛
poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: groucho

😉 A Star Trek version of NAIDL, everything will be virtual and they will have to leap around the place because in space you float around anyway. Maybe whilst regressing the doors of the spacecraft will open and they will disappear into infinity.😃 Now isn't that a thought???😛

😆
At leats it has improved our sense of sarcasm and humour, if not anything else. 😳
bittu31 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice post Aditi ...
Uptill now they have correctly highligted the problems in rural areas of India .but when it comes to provide solution for that problem ..they are most useless people .... Intentionally or unintentionally I don't know they are spreading message that ....woman are only for being tortured and if they raise voice against injustice on them they are b**** ...
Now in current track .they are planning to show santosh regereting her ONS ...why it is needed ..😕 ...what about Jogi ..did he ever regeret his deeds ....it was Ammaji who instigates santosh to sleep with other men ..
They want to tell that in 2030 also india will be same ..there will be no progress .as Ammaji will never change ....I am not getting reason they are going to show that will not let Ammaji to kill Little Rasia's ..
I am going to stick to my decision of not watching after leap ....as I am very much concern about my health ...and don't want myself to be BP patient ...
poetic thumbnail
Bittu, in 2030
The Little RaSias would ahve grown up 😆 but I would die if I continue watching.
Hence ... ta ta bye bye
groucho thumbnail

Originally posted by: bittu31

Nice post Aditi ...

Uptill now they have correctly highligted the problems in rural areas of India .but when it comes to provide solution for that problem ..they are most useless people .... Intentionally or unintentionally I don't know they are spreading message that ....woman are only for being tortured and if they raise voice against injustice on them they are b**** ...
Now in current track .they are planning to show santosh regereting her ONS ...why it is needed ..😕 ...what about Jogi ..did he ever regeret his deeds ....it was Ammaji who instigates santosh to sleep with other men ..
They want to tell that in 2030 also india will be same ..there will be no progress .as Ammaji will never change ....I am not getting reason they are going to show that will not let Ammaji to kill Little Rasia's ..
I am going to stick to my decision of not watching after leap ....as I am very much concern about my health ...and don't want myself to be BP patient ...

This is my point Bittu, what kind of message is this??
Not just regressive for women also for our country to say that 20 years from now the world's largest Democracy will show no progress. Does the channel not know there are people from all over the world watching this lunacy. Oh my blood just boils😡