elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Heyy, I think I missed a few episodes in the show and I can't understand a few things. Please help 😊
1. When Rangeeli ran off with the jewellery and money, didn't Ammaji ever try to catch her, find her, kill her? I don't remember anything happening, but Ammaji is not the type to let such things go easily πŸ˜•
2. I thought Yashpal was in jail for Gunja's murder? When and how was he released?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Elle gppd questions. Apparently these questions are still unanswered.
We all thought that VKG would hunt her down. In fact, it seems she is the only female who has been able to escape from her clutches. But I don't remember VKG making any attempts either to locate her. After all, she was the bahu of the haveli.
As for Yashpal, he did go to the jail for Gunja's murder, after Gunja was reportedly coming on him. What a joke! But woh Paltoo Kutta returned hale and hearty, jail mein plastic surgery bhi ho gaya and someone donated an eye too.
Ab aur kya bolu?
elle45 thumbnail
πŸ˜† Thanks poetic, and here I was, confused, that I had missed something πŸ˜†
Now that you mention it, you're right! Yashpal isn't wearing his eye patch anymore. Who donated an eye to him? 🀣
If you won't mind answering another question.... this is a serious one:
I thought that having more than one wife at a time is illegal? But here Avtaar got married to Rangeeli while still being married to Chanda? Is that allowed? Are both wives then considered legal?
This same thing was happening when Ammaji was getting Raghav married again, while Sia was still his wife. Plus this also happened in the show Balika Vadhu where Jagya was married to another girl while Anandi was still his wife.
There have also been shows in the past where the the hero dies, and his wife remarries. Then miraculously, the hero returns, well and alive. In that case the girl is married to two guys.
I'm actually confused by this one πŸ˜• Is there no clause that you must get a divorce first then remarry? What is the status of wife no.1 if her hubby remarries?
winifred1 thumbnail
just wanted to ask a couple of questions my self, Where is Avtar second wife gone? also Santosh story line about getting pregant what happened to that.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
elle45

I think remarriage with wives alive is allowed by law on Colors channel. No one questions it.

BV, NAIDL and now Uttaran are all pro 2nd wivesπŸ‘πŸΌ. Who knows what is happening in the other serials.

We know what happens to wife no.2 in NAIDL - its straight down the hall for Kitchen duty!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully the Panchayat took a call in BV and in U it may not happen.
Edited by groucho - 14 years ago
poetic thumbnail
Thanks groucho for saving me from answering that question about 2nd wives.
Seems like all these guys need 2nd chances to become successful.
Yuck!
elle45 thumbnail
Thanks for the answer Groucho. I don't know why Colors is so pro-remarriage. Actually, it's not only Colors, on another show which I watch, a guy is getting married to another girl as his own wife is unable to bear him children. And no one cares about the law there as well.
Even in Uttaran, the guy's thinking of getting married again, without first even giving a thought to divorce his first wife! And there are more examples. As we discussed in another thread, people consider that TV portrays reality. And when the TV serials show remarriage without any legal consequences, it just gives a message to the masses that "Yes, having 2 wives is possible and acceptable" 😑
@ Winifred:
About Rangeeli: If you read the first 2 posts in this thread, you'll get your answer.
And about Santosh's pregnancy: She never got pregnant. That track was discarded by the CVs, Thank God πŸ˜†
Edited by elle45 - 14 years ago
poetic thumbnail
I swear Elle that the only good thing that the CVs did is not showing Santosh pregnant. That would have been too much to bar as everybody would have thought that it's Raghav's child. Yuck!
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Poetic,

I doubt if the CV's can be given credit for that.
I think the Women's Commission or some other body stepped in and that forced the hand of the CV's.
sumali thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

I swear Elle that the only good thing that the CVs did is not showing Santosh pregnant. That would have been too much to bar as everybody would have thought that it's Raghav's child. Yuck!

Yes, That would have been the worst and yucky track of Laado of all. 😲