deby thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I was wondering what happened with santosh's pregnancy thing? Have I missed something?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sumali thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deby

I was wondering what happened with santosh's pregnancy thing? Have I missed something?

Yes, deby! They were about to take that track forward but suddenly developed cold feet, may be , due to moral or ethical reasons, and dropped the idea midway. So santosh didn't become preganant , instead chandha became pregnant and now our sia too is pregnant.

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
No, you didn't miss anything. Santosh didn't become pregnant - the Cvs chickened out, after preparing the masala!
sumali thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

No, you didn't miss anything. Santosh didn't become pregnant - the Cvs chickened out, after preparing the masala!

Maybe one shot was not enough. 😉
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sumali

Maybe one shot was not enough. 😉

Uma,
Hopefully in most cases, that doesn't happen. 😉
sumali thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

Uma,
Hopefully in most cases, that doesn't happen. 😉

Haha....I know!😃 But the story was supposed to go on that line na?😆
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
My own take on this is

If the creatives went ahead with Santosh's child then the child (girl or boy) and the father along with Santosh would have to disappear from the serial as Ammaji would have spent many episodes hunting them down and then probably killing them. Jogi and she would not have spared them for the loss of face. So it would have meant Santosh leaving the serial.

Not very favorable for the serial. And of course, the moral issue..........Now that is a bit funny because the creatives have no problems about morals on various other issues. As it is Joginder loses no time in hitting Santosh whenever he can.

I am glad that Santosh is still around........a pleasing and good character in this serial.
Edited by groucho - 14 years ago
sumali thumbnail

Originally posted by: groucho

My own take on this is

If the creatives went ahead with Santosh's child then the child (girl or boy) and the father along with Santosh would have to disappear from the serial as Ammaji would have spent many episodes hunting them down and then probably killing them. Jogi and she would not have spared them for the loss of face. So it would have meant Santosh leaving the serial.

Not very favorable for the serial. And of course, the moral issue..........Now that is a bit funny because the creatives have no problems about morals on various other issues. As it is Joginder loses no time in hitting Santosh whenever he can.

I am glad that Santosh is still around........a pleasing and good character in this serial.

No groucho! they would be thinking it is Raghav's child because ammaji forced them to spend a night together. The CVs must have dropped the idea because of the moral and ethical issues the plot will be raising and chickened out due to the fear of public protest.

Yes, u r right. the CVs have no problems showing men beating and stoning women, because they claim that it is a happening thing in the villages but they fail to show the solution. And they are killing the only couple who genuinely love each other through thick and thin. They should show them as a role model for the village people who fear ammaji , and want to come out of her terror rule, especially the ladies in Veerpur.

It is really a grave mistake of the CVs and PH and to a great extent the colors channel to take the show in the negative path. By this, their claim at the beginning of their serials sound bullshit and stupid. At the end of the day, they just want to make money, not to uplift women's position in the society or bring awareness.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well you could be right sumali. I had forgotten that. Oof how some of these CV's minds work----why don't they use it in a positive way.
rechup thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Actually national women's commission opposed that track and the creatives dropped that one.