groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Today Raghav's acting rose several notches above anyone in NAIDL. For me this episode was a one-man show…… everything and everyone else was incidental. Even Ammaji (herself a good actor) and all the other good actors were no match for Raghav's performance today.

The rage and anger towards those who harmed Sia was wonderful to watch. It was controlled, impactful and powerful with absolutely no over-acting.

Regardless of what the channel's plans are and if they are indeed going ahead with the leap maybe they are doing Raghav (Aditya) a favor – he deserves to be in the industry with the real players.

Well done!!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Groucho, your post has encouraged me to watch today's episode 😊 I'd stopped watching the show.

Will comment more once I've seen it.
groucho thumbnail
@ elle45

Hi, while you watch yesterday's episode (mind you the evaluation was mine alone) you could also give me your take on Avatar and Chanda who for me add virtually no value to this serial except as ,rarely seen, supporting actors who are more negative in their inaction than positive.

Avatar - a kind and gentle character but one that is either confused or at a loss most of the time.

Chanda - sweet character - again pretty ineffective, always about to cry, or wears a pathetic look adding nothing to the storyline .Her one chance of glory (Gunja) and the creatives blew it for her. Is she there to prove a point about the difference in treatment to a woman who is about to have a son versus Sia??

I do not wish them to lose their jobs in the serial but imagine what we will be left with after the leap???

sumali thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Yes groucho! I also find why they still keep Avtar and chandha in the serial wherein they have practically nothing to do , except giving a helpless and about to cry expression all the time.

May be , Are they the ppl who will be future foster parents of little Rasia? If they bring up Choti Rasia, she too will end up like them. I would prefer , Santosh to bring her up, constantly reminding her how her parents fought against the atrocities of ammaji and against the superstitious beliefs of veerpur.

Though I WILL stop watching the serial before the leap obviously, I am just telling my opinion that Santosh will be the best mother to Choti Rasia in the absence of Sia and Raghav.
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Uma,
I feel sad for the child who will be forced to become an orphan, curtsy the Oscar-winning brainwave of the CVs.
Groucho,
Adi was really very good. Would be superfluous trying to explain. But I am impressed.
elle45 thumbnail

Groucho:

I decided to read the written updates before watching the episode, and it totally put me off. Finally I gathered the courage to watch the past two episodes.... and I must saw I completely agree with you! Aditya was outstanding👏👏👏 It was a completely emotional, powerful scene and he gave it his best! He completely overshadowed Ammaji and all the other actors I really do wish the best for him (and all the other actors who leave the show). I hope he gets a good, important lead role in another great serial.

As for Chanda and Avatar, what to say about them?

I really liked Avatar in the beginning of the show. From the time when there was no Raghav even. I liked how he was genuinely in love with his wife, and really felt sad at the loss of their daughter. I loved the fact that he was so kind and gentle despite being raised amongst wolves. Infact, I considered him being good even more surprising than Raghav being good. Raghav was sent out of the country and that's where he learnt to distinguish good from evil. Avatar managed that while living in the haveli, with a cruel dad, an evil aunt and fiendish brothers . However, I think SC made him too mellow, he can't stand up for his rights, he caved in when his daughters were being murdered, he caved in when Ammaji made him marry Rangeeli, he didn't do much when his dad took over the haveli, and he never really stood up for Jhoomer either, like a brother should. All in all, he's turned out to be a disappointment. Esp so when in yesterdays episode, Sia was being stoned and he only made a minimal attempt to protect her, giving in easily to pressure.

Chanda, I've never liked. Personally, I always preferred everyone to Chanda, even Sunheri. Her character has added nothing to the serial since day one. Fine, she's been the subject of a few storylines, but even then her actions have just been a disappointment. Again, she's like Avataar. They both quietly watch while injustice is being done. Ammaji killing her kids, her husband marrying another woman, the Gunja murder.
I agree with you 100%. Chanda had once chance at redemption and she blew it.

The husband-wife compliment each other, they are both useless to the show, and have done nothing so far to improve their conditions or bring about a change. In fact, what little they have done has been more damaging then helpful. I feel sorry for the actors who have to play characters with such little substance. Sumali is right, Santosh, or even Sunheri would be a preferable option to raise Little Rasia rather than A/C.

groucho thumbnail
@elle45

Your response was greatly valued. Every point you have elaborated on is spot on.
I did not see this serial from the beginning so some of the incidents mentioned are new to me. (e.g. Ammaji killing her kids).

I did not know.......... Is there no end to Ammaji's madness??

I guess I should be addressing this to the creatives. Like they care anyway. Thank you once again.

elle45 thumbnail
Groucho, maybe I framed it wrong.
When I said Ammaji killing her kids, I meant the part of the show right at the beginning where they told us that Ammaji had already forced Chanda to have 3 abortions in the past, obviously all 3 were female fetuses. Then Chanda developed some courage and actually dared to give birth to the fourth child, also a girl. This was the first episode of the show I think. But as always, Ammaji had the child killed. Sia and her doctor father discovered the dying child and thus began the journey of Sia.
The starting was so good, it compelled me to watch further. But I'm disappointed that 1 and a half years later, and more in the serial, the show is still where it was, the mindset of Ammaji and the villagers is the same, and there is no hope of the change that the serial promised us on day one.
groucho thumbnail
elle45,

No issues as in some circles killing of a fetus is the same as killing a child and as you mentioned she did have the 4th child killed.

The story gets more and more tedious and revengeful. It is now really a Sia vs Ammaji serial. They should rename it.

Sia, at least, gives us some hope but Ammaji's character and the storyline will never let that happen and I am a bit fed up of watching misery after a hard day at work. I am informed if Raghav is being shown otherwise I just read the update.

I just noticed that we both joined within approx 3 weeks of each other but I was not really an avid watcher till I saw one episode which I enjoyed. Now I find it hard to even remember what that was. Pity!!
elle45 thumbnail

Groucho: 😊

I think its legally considered that killing a healthy fetus is equivalent to killing a living human. Keeping that in mind, just think that every man in Veerpur, plus Ammaji, are guilty of many many murders. Yet they consider themselves as heroes. I wonder why the police of Veerpur is silent in this matter? They can't really be unaware of the fact. It's not a secret in Veerpur. And the police would have to be blind to see that there are only little boys in Veerpur and not little girls. Anyway, what's the use of crying over that, there's been no improvement since the show started.
Anyway, even I noticed we joined IF pretty close to each other. However, I really joined for another show I watch regularly. That forum is extremely active, with many members and posts daily, in-depth discussions on the episodes, characters, fun threads etc. I came to Laado forums expecting the same, and was sad to see such a great show with a comparitively much less active forum. I joined this forum so I could discuss NAIDL in depth, have more posts, enjoy. But then the news of the leap came and suddenly I dont want to Now no one discussed the storyline, predicts the future tracks, have fun. Everyone on this forum is depressed.
NAIDL has always been special to me, as I saw it right from the good old days where an unmarried Sia fought for women empowerment with Ammaji, how she fell in love with Raghav, how she attempted to bring about change. At that time, the disclaimer actually seemed 100% true. Then Sia got married, lost her will to fight, and Ammaji won. After that I became a less avid viewer.
Maybe the CVs are trying to bring back those early days? They can't have them with Sia, so why not her daughter? It'll probably just be like a rerun of the old episodes.
For now, I'll still hang on to the tiny thread of hope that the CVs change their mind at the last minute. 😊