Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
@elle45

Frankly the way the script has been unfolding it looks like a battalion of writers are involved. My personal view is that it looks like any of the scriptwriters available at that time fills in the blanks which is why there is no continuity or logic.

Some are positive - that is when it looks like NAIDL is going the right way and some just prefer the negativity. The latter seem to be in the majority.

Every new serial starts off with so much gusto and promise but it says very little for the channel that it does not have the staying power to see it through. Nobody is asking them to give up various irrelevant issues introduced into the serial as long as they keep the fundamental issue intact.

NAIDL ,as we have discussed a 100 times ,had the promise but turns out it is just another hot air balloon.
Edited by groucho - 14 years ago
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Groucho,
The scrptwriters are forced to come up with anything, any possible future storyline, as they have little time to come up with really good ideas. Its this ugly battle of the TRPs that causes the downfall of every serial. We've all seen how channels discard long-standing shows in the blink of an eye due to a slight drop in TRPs only. The shows are forced to continuously churn in twist after twist, each more uglier and shocking than the last, in an effort to gain a few more viewers for a few more days.
Its an ugly world of survival of the fittest, where quality work isn't allowed to survive, it's more of quantity and shocking content. That is why negativity is shown so much more, as ppl are continually shocked by what they are seeing, such as stoning a girl 🤢
Sure, every show is entitled to its ups and downs, and if quality work is done, loyal viewers stick through the downs even. Personally, I am less in favour of these 5 days/week shows where quantity is preferred over quality. I rather would like 1 or maybe two episodes/week (1 hour duration) where there is more time for the team to develop a story, more chances for the actors to improve their acting skills, and therefore more quality stuff.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@elle45

Yes, I completely agree with you. Quality is not much in demand these days.

I also agree about the 5 days a week cycle. In any case we see about 10 minutes of the serial as it is.

I am a little more skeptical about the team developing a script as I have not been too impressed with any of the 3 serials I am watching on and off. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

As for the actors, it is my personal opinion that you can immediately spot the naturals from the forced.

A good director should be able to get what he wants out of the actors, I am not sure that is happening in some cases. Still there is that hope that actors can hone their skills if they have the time to do it.

Kudos to you for pointing out so many points...........creatives need to read your posts.
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
😳 Thank you ji! I really enjoy reading your posts as well! 😊 I do hope the creatives are reading our posts. But I highly doubt it, as the track is not going as we would like it to go 😕 I agree about the actors, they all do seem to be giving it their best. And even the team is working hard, at the story, dialogues, set design etc, but I feel that given more time and less pressure by the channel, they might do even better. 😊