elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Anyone who's watched NAIDL even a few times would have heard that line at the beginning:

"Is serial duara Hum aurton ke khilaaf honay walay atyachaaron ka purzor virodh karte hain"
meaning: Via this serial, we strongly protest ill-treatment/crimes done against women
It has been at least a year and a half since the show launched. I would like to know how many times has the serial shown us any positive step. Anything by which we can say YES, This is how a woman should be treated. This is Right! Finally the oppressed woman has won.
The show is about to jump 20 years soon. Let's take a tally of all tracks in which good won and all tracks where evil won. I will start and you guys continue.
If there are more plots in Good won, it means the show was successful in getting the message across and really the CVs showed that they are against the oppression of women.
If there are more in Evil won, it means that the show isn't doing much to improve the state of oppressed women or raise awareness about it.
Ok, here goes:
Plots in which:
Good Won: 1. Sia winning elections
2. Amba saved from death (When Joginder wanted to shoot her)
3. Jhoomer was saved from getting raped (from the Vohra person)
4. Sunheri sent her husband to jail on charges of marital rape.
5. Yashpal losing out to the women who hurt his eyes.
6. The episode the women Veerpur saved someone by throwing chilli powder or something on the men.
7. Santosh stands up for her rights
Evil Won: 1. Joginder is still running around, happy and free. No punishment for his actions.
2. Gajinder was never prosecuted for killing Gunja
3. Jhoomer- Dheeraj love story failed due to Ammaji's terror.
4. Jhoomer died and the killer is running around scot-free
5. Ammaji is still against a girl-child being born.
6. Both daughters of the village (Amba and Jhoomer) were doomed. (After one and a half year, the title still holds true, Na Aana is des Lado)
7. No good came out of Sia becoming sarpanch
8. Gunja murdered
9. Yashpal freed (who knows when her was freed
10. Sheila's husband back in the fold of the family (yet to know of his evil intentions)
11 Santosh hunted down like a common criminal and brought back.
12. Out of fear Santosh's own family let her down and refused to give her protection.
13. Ammaji threatens Chanda (the one witness to Gunja's murder) regarding Gajinder testimony using Chanda's unborn child as the sword of Damocles over her head and Chanda retracts.
14. Gunja's boyfriend bought over by Ammaji (money can buy anything)
15. Sia's stoning instigated by Ammaji and Jogi. A pregnant woman!!! how much more evil can there be than that???????
Please add more to each category. Let's see if this show is promoting positivity and change, or negativity and oppression.
Edited by elle45 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bittu31 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ elle : They are making fun of disclaimer every time in each of their serial start from BV to Laddo
what positive ur are asking 😲😲 ..ab tak kuch hua hai kya

Sia ke sarpanch banane ke baad kya change aaya hai veerpur maine ..πŸ˜• I would have loved if she was able to save DJ ..

In case of Gaji being punished for rape ...but soon he will be free ..as suddenly High court come into picture ..😑

They are evil admires only .....

after leap ..who will be surviving VKG , Jogi , Gaji , yashpal , Dalbir , dv , vora ...and who will have to die Raghav πŸ˜•

In santosh case ...They could have shown that Medical science has solution for such problems(impotency ) but no they showed that she slept with her EX Boy Friend ..😑..By this they could have spread awareness ....but nope they don't want it naa ..

social message I get from this serial is that :

JO GALAT HO RAHA HAI USKO HONE DO ...DON"T POKE UR NOSE IN MIDDLE TO CORRECT IT ...IF U DO SO THEN UR CONDITION WILL BE LIKE SIA & RAGHAV ..

elle45 thumbnail
Bittu, you're right. They make fun of the disclaimer in every show which has a disclaimer. I dont watch Balika Vadhu but I don't think it has really shown that child marriage is wrong. What I see in the ads are a happily married Anandi and Jagya, everyone happy with their marriage. If ppl see the show won't they think that if they marry their kids young, then after the few hiccups everything will be fine? Same in NAIDL, judging from the way things are progressing, people will think that if having a baby girl causes so much problem, why not end it before it's born?
Even I thought of that when Jhoomer died. I thought, if this poor girl had to die without seeing any happiness in her life, then she was better off not being born only. 😲 I hated the CVs for making me think like that! 😑
Such shows think that just because they put up a disclaimer stating they are against female oppression, they can SHOW all sorts of attyachar against women. The attyachar will attract viewers, TRPs will rise, and the CVs will be safe as they have put up a disclaimer stating they are against it while actually enjoying the profits. 😑
Till now, for 1 and a half year, we have seen 3 daughters (one is upcoming πŸ˜†). Lets analyze their fate:
1. Jhoomer: She was saved from death by her mother but was forced to live as a servant all her life. She was given to a man, Vohra, to keep as his mistress 🀒 It was revealed she's SC's daughter and was saved but was still not accepted by her father. And not really by Ammaji either. She dared to fall in love, but they could not marry, and ultimately she was killed in the process.
2. Amba: Her mother gave her away as soon as she was born, and asked that the baby be killed. Though she didn't die, she was brought up by dacoits, had no normal life, became a most wanted criminal and was always on the run from police. When she came back for revenge, her elder brothers refused to accept her, tried to kill her, and even her mother, sent her away again (though Ammaji could have fought with Jogi/Gaji to keep her daughter with her).
3. Little RaSia: Although she's not born yet, she's already unwanted by her grandmother and uncles. People are already planning her murder. Once she's born, she will quickly lose her parents and become an orphan, will forever be an unwanted child, and no doubt will suffer much throughout her life.
So, all 3 "Laados" are ill-fated. When I started watching the show, it was so I could see how they will show that girl child is accepted. Instead, none of the daughters were. What mockery of the Disclaimer! 😑 Looking at the above, the only message getting across is "If you dare to Come to this Des Laado, see what Anjaam you will have!"
Bittu, I'm going to add your points to my initial list of "Evil Won", if you don't mind.
shilpa_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The disclaimer is a ploy to intrigue us enough to watch the serial..well...all of us fell for it ........when in reality the channel is propagating the evil... be it infanticide, sexual harassment, idiotic society norms ......I wonder if they want the rate female infanticide in the present society to increase and also the teach people the different ways to harass girls/women and also Thwart any effort from the us, women, raising our voices against it by showing it is futile.....nothing good will ever come out of it ... On short...in SC words "JIJI jaise kehathi waise hi karo....."😑
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi Elle,

Just put in my comments in green if it is of any help. I am sure we are missing out on many points still.

Anyone who's watched NAIDL even a few times would have heard that line at the beginning:

"Is serial duara Hum aurton ke khilaaf honay walay atyachaaron ka purzor virodh karte hain"

meaning: Via this serial, we strongly protest ill-treatment/crimes done against women

It has been at least a year and a half since the show launched. I would like to know how many times has the serial shown us any positive step. Anything by which we can say YES, This is how a woman should be treated. This is Right! Finally the oppressed woman has won.

The show is about to jump 20 years soon. Let's take a tally of all tracks in which good won and all tracks where evil won. I will start and you guys continue.

If there are more plots in Good won, it means the show was successful in getting the message across and really the CVs showed that they are against the oppression of women.

If there are more in Evil won, it means that the show isn't doing much to improve the state of oppressed women or raise awareness about it.

Ok, here goes:

Plots in which:

Good Won: 1. Sia winning elections

2. Amba saved from death (When Joginder wanted to shoot her)

3. Jhoomer was saved from getting raped (from the Vohra person)

4. Sunheri sent her husband to jail on charges of marital rape.

5 Yashpal losing out to the women who hurt his eyes.

6 I can't remember the episode but I think the women of Veerpur saved someone by throwing chilli powder or something on the men.

7. Santosh stands up for her rights ( I like that girl's character)

Evil Won: 1. Joginder is still running around, happy and free. No punishment for his actions.

2. Gajinder was never prosecuted for killing Gunja

3. Jhoomer- Dheeraj love story failed due to Ammaji's terror.

4. Jhoomer died and the killer is running around scot-free

5. Ammaji is still against a girl-child being born.

6. Both daughters of the village (Amba and Jhoomer) were doomed. (After one and a half year, the title still holds true, Na Aana is des Lado)

7. No good came out of Sia becoming sarpanch

8. Gunja murdered

9. Yashpal freed (who knows when her was freed)

10. Sheila's husband back in the fold of the family (yet to know of his evil intentions)

11 Santosh hunted down like a common criminal and brought back.

12. Out of fear Santosh's own family let her down and refused to give her protection.

13. Ammaji threatens Chanda (the one witness to Gunja's murder) regarding Gajinder testimony using Chanda's unborn child as the sword of Damocles over her head and Chanda retracts.

14. Gunja's boyfriend bought over by Ammaji (money can buy anything)

15. Sia's stoning instigated by Ammaji and Jogi. A pregnant woman!!! how much more evil can there be than that???????

Edited by groucho - 14 years ago
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
u know there shud be a disclaimer ABOVE the disclaimer which states tht "this disclaimer is a work of fiction and has no link to any reality"
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
anu rulz

Actually that is not a bad suggestion. It would at least work for many of the viewers.
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anu rulz

u know there shud be a disclaimer ABOVE the disclaimer which states tht "this disclaimer is a work of fiction and has no link to any reality"

and any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental and unintentional😑🀣
Edited by laado_007 - 14 years ago
bittu31 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: elle45

Bittu, I'm going to add your points to my initial list of "Evil Won", if you don't mind.

Yaa sure u can .. C.v's ki band bajane ke liye I am always ready ..πŸ˜†

In Amba's case ...Ammaji not even tried .0001% to make Jogi & Gaji understand that she is ur sister ..and u can't do this to her ...

I have reason for that ...Amba asked Ammaji to make sia sarpanch in upcoming election...And as we all know Ammaji's her kursi prem ...so then also she choose satta only .... not her daughter .... VKG kahi ki ..😑

I really loved ur naming ...LITTLE RASIA ...so cute ... Rasia naam aate hi sab kitna cute ho jata hai ..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

elle45 thumbnail
@Anu and Laado:
Loved loved loved ur disclaimer FOR the disclaimer 🀣. If they merge it with the original, it will be an actual representation of the show πŸ˜† Wish we could suggest it to the Colors channel!
@Shilpa:
Agree with you 100% , the show seems to be promoting the opposite of what it seemed to be preaching. Seeing such ill-treatment of females and female infanticide.... with no reprecussions for the evil people. Ppl will think that if its so easy to kill, rape, abuse women, and never get caught, then why not do it? 🀒
IF they had shown that such negative people were put in jail, made to suffer for their actions, then the general public would have realised that female abuse is wrong. I'm very disappointed the show turned out like this
@ groucho:
Thanks for the additional points. I'm going to add them to my list... all credit goes to you though 😊 I really want the CVs and channel and everyone interested to see them all together. If they see as a cumulative that the show is more negative than positive, MAYBE they will take steps to rectify that.
And really, Sia was stoned by Ammaji and Joginder, while pregnant? That's sick! 🀒 I wasn't aware of that!..... My God, its the worst thing that they could have shown! And Sia did nothing against it? No protest, no form of revenge. No correction of Ammaji and Joginder? Instead, she's still living with such ppl, and Raghav is letting her live there? I'll be very disappointed with Rasia if they are aware A/J did this to them, and they have forgiven them.... Shame on them in that case 😑
@ Bittu:
Thank you ji for the little Rasia compliment! I was even thinking that it might be a nice name for the girl. But the thing is.... I want little Rasia to remain little, not grow up so fast I really wanted to see Sia and Raghav as loving parents of their little baby, so sad that the CVs don't consider our wishes important. 😭
One qs.... I know VKG refers to Ammaji, but what does it stand for? Veerpur ki Gundi? 🀣