sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
the episode was heart wrenching and i felt so bad for sia but so proud of RaSia.
Yashpal and Dalveer spreads ammaji's word about the assembly of panchayat in the evening.DV listens to the announcement about panchayat meeting and goes to inform MM about ammaji's plotting.santosh goes and tells sia about panchayat meeting.she is frightened about what ammaji is plotting against any of them.the panchayat meets and jogi says that the village's parampara and reethi-riwaaz has been broken because a woman in the kasbah is going to give birth to a girl.he says that ammaji has found about this and thus has brought this to the notice of panchyat at the right moment so that the woman can be punished.
the villagers want to know who the woman is.jogi names sia as the woman.avater brings sia to the panchayat.the villagers question sia about this.sia tells the crowd that she doesn't know what child will be born to her as sex determination is illegal.but she says that the sex of child is immaterial as it has her duty to give birth to the god given child.sia sees ammaji with sadness and disgust.the panch say that the law of village is the same for everybody.the villagers say that she has to undergo an abortion as it is a girl.sia refuses telling them that if their mother's and their wife's parents would have thought like this then they wouldn't be there giving birth to their children.ammaji says that there is no one above law and if the sarpanch is going to break the laws the she is no more fit t be sarpanch.she adds that the laws of the village has been devised by their ancestors and they are not changeable.the crowd starts to become violent and starts stoning sia .avater tries to protect sia only to be taken aside by jogi.

sia runs for her life and her child's life.the mob starts following her in all directions stoning her.MM rings up to raghav , disguises as a villager's voice and tells him about sia's state.raghav is tense and drives fast rushing back.DV asks MM why he is helping sia if he bent upon destroying ammaji and her progeny.MM says that the time has not come for that so he is helping them.sia runs but there come a point where the crowd surrounds and starts pelting stone on her with ammaji and jogi looking on.sia falls down and curls in foetal position to protect her child.Angry raghav reaches there and takes a sword from his car and cuts man in the crowd and tells them that if one of them dare lay a finger on sia he will kill all.he says that if anything happened to his wife and child then he will burn veerpur down.he goes to sia and asks her if she is alright .sia is relieved that raghav is back.he hugs her and tells them that if they want to fight then fight with him.that he will make them remember all the sins that they have all committed till now and the sin they are committing against sia.

PRECAP-raghav tells ammaji he knew now why he was sent away from veerpur that is to kill sia and his child in his absence.he tells them that his daughter will be born and brought up in veerpur among the people of the kasbah and that he will allow no harm to come to them

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sumali thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yes, shreya! really a hear wrenching episode. My stomach really churned and as a mother i could feel Sia's pain and anguish. Raghav's entry was too good and his dialogue delivery was superb.

Ammaji and her good for nothing son Jogi deserve all sorts of punishments possible on earth and should rot in hell. 😑

Feeling sad that we won't be able to see Rasia for long.

Damn the CVs!😑
shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thanks sweets....
what a powerfull performance off raghag (A)....
bittu31 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update sherya ...πŸ‘πŸ‘

I am lost of words to curse VKG & Jogi ...😑😑

I request to Raghav ...Just call jogi ....napunsak in front of whole kasba 😑.

Raghav ..☺️ ..what a entry ...he is such a darling yaar ..πŸ˜‰he was looking like a king with sword in his hand ..😍

But again My heart breaks into pieces when I remember leap πŸ’”

Veer_FFM thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi, i'm veer - new to this section.

i watched the episode today with my family and i shut off after the villagers started throwing stones at sia.

i'm at a loss of words that anybody can be so sick to actually think, write and show this.coz it's NOT reality! and it's shocking that people actually watch all this?! can anybody on this board tell me why he or she watches this? and PLEASE dont tell me you watch this because of the lead couple!!!! *puke*

Edited by Veer_FFM - 14 years ago
sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
uma,bittu- it was so heart breaking to see the GFNs jogi and ammaji inciting the villagers into all this.i am proud of sia to have stood her ground.Raghav has really changed and turned out a beautiful human being is all i want to say about him . are the cv's blind,deaf and all ?cant they see what beautiful chemistry and on screen presence they have ..what else proof do they want to do away with the leap.😑

Veer- welcome to the forums.i understand yesterday's episode was revolting and horrifying.it was really horrid to be shown on national television .but i dont agree with your statement that this does not happen in india.i am associated with an NGO.i do know where it happens.i can give u lot of examples.we in modern india want to turn a blind eye to lot of situations as it does not happen to us.In reality all this happens to us not to the extent of stoning but on a lesser scale.lot of people are still not happy when a girl child is born to them even though they are educated.i do agree the stoning hurt our sensibilities and i am in no way supporting the way it was portrayed on national television.sadly this gory act of female abuse and infanticide exists in india which lots of us have not seen.as u are new to the forums u probably have not realised the mature bond ,love and the incredible relationship RaSia share on the soap.we all here love their chemistry (adi and nats have done a fab job)and they may not be the only reason we watch but they are one of the main reasons we watch it

Edited by sang_hari - 14 years ago
adinats07 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Veer - Welcome to the forum....... I only watch this serial for Aditya and NAtasha.... They are the best in that stupid serial.

shilpa_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
😭😭😭....nothing else to write...😭

CV's ...U guys are not worthy for all the gaali's in the world...
Edited by shilpa_11 - 14 years ago
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ sang_hari

I agree that women are battered and beaten in several parts of India.

However,I feel as responsible viewers we should make up our minds about whether we treat this as totally fictional and view it as such or think of all the people watching (children included) and ask ourselves is there any touch of reality in this serial and if so,where is the message of hope as all we do is see negativity, rape, stoning, cruelty to women, murder, suicide and above all infanticide in this horrific manner????

To see a pregnant woman get stoned by an ugly crowd.........OMG.. I was positively sickened. It may happen in areas (hopefully isolated cases) but to magnify it in this serial?? I just don't know anymore.

What is this serial saying........
For the Men......continue what you are doing as long as you have someone like the character of Jogi or Ammaji behind you and
For the Women.........Well this is your lot in life so bear with it regardless of who you are(in this case Ammaji's bahu).

Not every woman has a Raghav to fight for her so what will other women do in such cases????? I too, cheered when Raghav came onto the screen at the right time before I realised that we are giving out so many wrong signals. Where are all the other Raghavs to come from for these poor poor women in the same plight as Sia.

Where are we going with this is what I would like to know. BTW I last saw stoning in Jesus of Nazareth so for me it was awful even if one were to look at it as fictional.
I find it very hard to find excuses for this particular episode
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hey guys..thanx shreya for update..it really sounds heart-wrenching even for sum1 like me who dint even watch it..i agree wid groucho abt what the creatives are trying to prove wid this..earlier also the SC whipping episode was too much to digest..maybe coz am a total urban girl who has absolutely no guts to stomach sumthng like the stoning or whipping and stuff tht is supposed to happen in the rural areas..
@veer: welcome to the forum..if this was the first episode u saw of NAIDL,am really sorry for ur luck to catch hold of this particular one..female infanticide is a reality,i totally second tht..and as a doctor i cn recount tales of educated families behaving in worse manners..its not restricted to uneducated or rural populations..in fact its worse wid the so-called modern families..and during the sonography one hears the funniest of excuses for trying to pry the gender of the baby frm the doc..like "shopping"..and i have seen mothers refusing to feed their female newborns,granmothers cursing the child in the middle of the maternity ward,even a woman who refused to push during labour when she heard abt it being a girl..and this happened in PUNE,a city which is reputed to be a haven of culture and education..the situation is pathetic..and tht is the main reason y i still follow this show..also,this is probably the ONLY show which manages to put in tiny ounces of positivity compared to others where evil is glorified to no end..couple other shows on the same channel fall in the same category..