Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
How about the septic tank they showed in SLumdog Millionaire?
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: groucho

@elle45

I don't know how many people actually liked the character of Ammaji. She has always been ruthless and a woman without morals.

What I admired was Meghna's acting which cannot be disputed.

I think it will be a major mistake in the script if the fact that Ammaji also had a daughter is not brought up. This really is when Amba needs to come back in grand style. She will not only help Sia and Raghav but keep Ammaji in her place.( I know this will not happen, when the producers are thinking of doing without the 2 main characters why bring in one more) .Nevertheless Raghav needs to take the bull by the horns and face Ammaji head on.

In a way Gajendar has got some punishment, why oh why is Joginder being allowed to go scot- free?????? His character is demented and he never learns Does not make any sense. Anyway NAIDL has stopped making sense to me sometime ago.

I will read on and see what happens.

Ammaji is a vile, vile woman. I did like her, but I realise I actually like the actress playing her, for the acting, the look and the style of speaking. I enjoyed watching Ammaji more than any other character, even RaSia. Somehow I always hoped that there is room for improvement. That she will turn around. So when Sia took a bullet for her, I insisted to my family that Ammaji would improve... she didn't.
When she saved Amba at the last second, I thought now is the turn-around point. But again it wasn't. I had hope everytime. When she saved Jhoomer from being raped, when Gunja died, when Jhoomer died, when Rasia left home, when Sia won the elections.... but Ammaji has disappointed everytime. That woman hasn't got a shred of decency in her. She doesn't think or feel like a woman, she has no heart. Ufff... I just hate her now.
Amba was my favourite character all the time she was around. I loved watching her, I loved how Ammaji was defeated by someone. But I think CVs have forgotten about her. No one in the show mentions her anymore. Not even Raghav and Avtar miss her. Never have they showed Ammaji missing her daughter. It's like she was never there. You're right, I don't think she will come back, though she is sorely needed.
Jogi... I have no words for him. I don't even want to think about him. I don't know why this show loves to glorify the villians. They'll never show good winning over evil. 😡
Edited by elle45 - 14 years ago
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@elle45

I like to think of myself as a fair person even when I am being critical

You know, although there is no doubt about the power Meghna's acting but at the end of the day we need to also relate to Ammaji.

I agree there is no hope for improvement in her case. What is even more distressing for me is that even Ammaji's acting has become predictable. Her expressions, her hand movements, her walk and her fiddling with her clothes there has been no change in this for many episodes. As I do not really have favorites, I prefer to focus on technical and other issues and I have been noticing Ammaji's mannerisms for a while now.

I too, loved the character of Amba and it was actually one of the best moves by the creatives to introduce that angle. It addressed the issue of Ammaji having a daughter (despite the mantra of BOYS ONLY in Veerpur), her maternal feelings that we thought was only for boys came to the surface for Amba, her protectiveness and above all I thought she was showing her heart......Sadly for us it was short-lived.

For me the less said about Jogi and Gaj the better. Their characters have been depicted as the scum of the earth and that is what they are. I must admit acting by both has been consistently good.

For me (although very inoffensive and likeable tho' they are) characters like Chanda and Avtar are really becoming redundant because they just do not contribute to the serial.

Sheila and Santosh are both good actresses and have likeable characters but have been portrayed in this serial as having no lasting powers. A few outbursts here and there and that is all.

This is not a pro-women serial at all. It either shows characters with an evil intent or good characters who basically remain ineffective despite all good intentions.

I give up!!!!!!!!!!! Back to watching good films and fun films of my choice and believe me there are so very many of them. Who needs this depression.